induction :(

Minxy

Reaction score
First of all, an apology....I don't enjoy whingy, miserable posts but nobody in my 'real' world seems to understand how I'm feeling today.

I've been really patient throughout pregnancy and have said all along I'm in no mad rush for labour and prepared to go whenever.

Today at the hospital I was told I've got 3 weeks to go naturally or I'll be induced (just before my due date) due to my kidneys struggling. It's been a long-term condition and I was just hoping I'd got away with it without causing more permanent damage (now they're not sure).

Has ANYONE got any positive induction stories they can share? People's experiences I've read on here haven't been great and I know it usually more painful. I wasn't bothered when I went but really wanted to start on my own. Given that it's my first and he's not engaged yet that's not looking likely :(

Again, sorry to whinge and sorry for the long post!! :?

i was induced with my second child because she was distressed.
i have to say that it was the worse birth i have had as there was not as much build up to the pain BUT it wasn't an absolute nightmare either and i still only needed gas and air.
f you have to be induced (and lets think positive you might not yet) stay positive and in control. Listen to what the midwives advise and have pain relief if you need or want it.
You'll be fine and at the end of the day after every birth in what ever way theres something positive and thats your new baby. And how ever painful it was labour wise we are always smiling in those first photos aren't we! :D
:hug:

Thanks Budge, you're right I may still go natural,. and will be employing all the tips have picked up on here!

I do need to focus on the end result, I've posted advice to other mums about staying positive. Maybe I should take some of my own advice :doh:

Thanks for your reply though. I do sometimes feel I'm not one of the most popular posters so responses are welcome! PS I love your honesty :hug:

LittleMinx said:
I do sometimes feel I'm not one of the most popular posters so responses are welcome!

I'm confused! Why would you think that hun?????? :? :shock:

Anyway, I've not been induced so can't offer any advice, but just wanted to send you a hug. :hug: As you've got 3 weeks left to go naturally, and you are now classed as full term, get started on the raspberry lead tea, pineapple, curry, sex, etc now!!!! :lol:

Oh ignore me Tankett, was just 'woe is me' last night! :) I know sometimes when I post it doesn't seem to create a lot of interest or gets overlooked.

I see some quite strong bonds and relationships develop between forum users and am not sure I get that kind of vibe from the boards. I'm honestly not bothered though, like lots of people I've used the forum as a resource throughout pregnancy and it's been great :D

thanks a lot for the :hug: , am having fresh pineapple and raspberry tea for breakfast!!

aww littleminx you're lovely! :hug: :hug:
I think you're feeling a bit down are you?
Hope the pineapple and raspberry tea work for you. Have you got the good holland and barrat capsules?

Yep, and am even getting kind of used to the taste! :puke:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: just wanted to send you a hug :hug: :hug:

I've been given a date to be induced too.. spent the other nite wide awake worrying about it... then a friend sent me a text message (i don't know how she knew i was stressing... but she did.) it just said "I WAS INDUCED AND GOT TO 5CM BEFORE I FELT UNCOMFORTABLE - IT WASN'T HALF AS BAD AS I'D IMAGINED" made me smile... :D not every labour is the same... we hear the horror stories and dwell on them... what about all the good stories!!!

You'll be okay... :hug:

A date Hayley, that's fab news!! When do you go in? Not 3 weeks I hope???

I cant really give u any advice hun, as i was'nt induced in my 1st pregnancy, was going to but sophie came herself the night before. As people have said every labour is different and no matter how ur baby comes in to this world it will be so special to u, that i can promise u :hug:

I have to have a c section and just the other day someone was telling me that her spinal block didnt work and she felt them cut in to her, iwas like SHUT UP as if i really wanna hear that 5/6 weeks till my c section(stupid cow), so yea u will hear horror stories but your story will be lovely :rotfl:

they've booked me for the 10th which is next thursday.. I'll be 40 +10 days... i'm going in at 9.30 for a sweep and then back the next day if nothing happens over nite... so this should be my last weekend without baby... last nite i had this over welming urge to want to cuddle my baby.. it was like a pain inside... i tried to cuddle my bump but it just kept kicking me... must be my hormones telling me my baby should be 4 days old...

x

I have an appointment with the Midwife on the 10th where she will book me in for an induction if LO hasn't decided to show up by then. I am REALLY hoping it doesn't come to an induction as I really don't want a hospital birth. Would be happy to be induced, if they could do that at home (or do it and send me home).

nicky - they're doing me a sweep and then sending me home for the day.. see if they can do that for you if you'd prefer to have baby at home. I go back the next day to see if things have started on their own... if not then they'll induce me...

how has your bump been? moving around much? have you had any sort of show or mild contraction? Has your bump dropped?

I wish there was something we could do to make baby want to come out... i feel so helpless.. out of control of my body...

x

Nicky_Jones said:
I have an appointment with the Midwife on the 10th where she will book me in for an induction if LO hasn't decided to show up by then. I am REALLY hoping it doesn't come to an induction as I really don't want a hospital birth. Would be happy to be induced, if they could do that at home (or do it and send me home).

its a pisser being incuded coz you have to be hooked up to a doppler and i hate sitting still in labour! :wall:

LittleMinx said:
Oh ignore me Tankett, was just 'woe is me' last night! :) I know sometimes when I post it doesn't seem to create a lot of interest or gets overlooked.

Hmmm, :think: Task for the day. Make LittleMinx's post a really long one with loads of replies!!! :hug:

I will ask about that when I see the midwife next week. She has been moving around quite a bit, and i am not sure if my bump has dropped as all. The last couple of days i have definitely felt more uncomfortable but no show and not regular enough to be contractions. I know exactly what you mean.

hayley said:
nicky - they're doing me a sweep and then sending me home for the day.. see if they can do that for you if you'd prefer to have baby at home. I go back the next day to see if things have started on their own... if not then they'll induce me...

how has your bump been? moving around much? have you had any sort of show or mild contraction? Has your bump dropped?

I wish there was something we could do to make baby want to come out... i feel so helpless.. out of control of my body...

x

I was induced and it wasn't that bad.... once I got the drip. The tablet thingys - can't remember the name are usless. I had 3 doses and still nothing... got hooked to the drip and started straight away.

You'll be fine and just think you'll have a gorgeous little person to cuddle at the end of it all!!

S. xx

doog advice sarah! Thats the spirit!

LittleMinx I just want to say you have always been realy helpful with your advice to me and make me laugh too :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back