Induction on due date - very uncomfortable VE!

satch

Reaction score
I went to the hospital today to talk to a diabetic midwife as I got a borderline gestational diabetes result last week. I then talked to a dietician - all ok, just need to monitor what I'm eating.

I then met an obstetrician to talk about "plans for birth". Because the baby is big and I have gestational diabetes she suggested that think about an induction no later than the due date. She said she would like to examine me to check the cervix, which I agreed to. I've never had an internal before and was quite anxious and I found the whole thing really uncomfortable - so much so that she couldn't assess the cervix. She then said that with this being so uncomfortable she was concerned how I would cope with the induction. Anyway the induction has been booked for Dec 21st (my due date).

I also had foetal heart monitoring which was fine.

I'm completely anxious now and can't think of anything else....HELP!

woohoo im being induced then too :D it really is nothing to worry about hun honestly i have been induced before :D

Thanks for your reply. The midwives are really kind so I guess I can ask for some pain relief if it gets uncomfortable.

Hennaly - same day! WOW. I'm hoping it happens naturally before then, I assume you are too?

My worst habit is reading about it all online and then getting all stressed...

Try not to worry about the internals too much hun, you won't really care when your in labour anyway! I was always nervous about them because the first time I had one with a speculum the doctor tore my cervix, which wasn't pleasent! But whilst I was in labour I had 2 internals and both were fine, I also had G&A so was quite relaxed. Although its hard, the more relaxed you are the quicker it gets done. You'll be fine hun :hug:
Good luck for the 21st! Although hope you pop before then! :hug:

(and good luck to Hennaly too!)

hope all goes well for you hun, i have a sweep friday so im hoping that the weekend i will be having my baby to sunday seems to be a popular choice lol, im hoping he really comes before that though :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back