Almost there (or 'the home stretch')

Alexandra84

Reaction score
Wow I can't believe that I've made it past my due date ladies! I've been a bit quiet for the last few weeks as we've been moving house and office so I've only just got internet access today. Getting stronger and more frequent Braxton-Hicks these days so it can't be long now :D. Can't wait to meet my little girl!

I got offered a sweep this Saturday but I decided to put it off until Monday as I felt that it was a bit premature to start trying to bring on labour at 41 weeks. The midwife I saw was a bit dismissive (she's not the usual one that I meet and I didn't like her attitude that much to be honest) and I felt really rushed into her plan of one sweep and a hospital induction two days later.

So to give us the best chance of a home birth and to take the pressure of having an induction hanging over my head, the plan is now this: sweep on Monday, another sweep on Thursday, and if that doesn't work then I'll be booked in for an induction on Saturday.

Wish me luck girls! :D

Good luck chick, could be any day now :) My friend reached her DD and had a sweep and had her daughter 48 hours later :) So exciting you'll be getting to hold your LO any day now :) xxxx

ooooh lots of good luck

I hope baby makes an appearance soon

:)

Thanks everyone, still nothing concrete going on just stronger BH that comes and goes (had lots yesterday but very few today). I think she just likes it in there lol ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back