In a haze

Chloe91

Reaction score
I came on my period on 23rd march and it ended 28th march... I had sex on the 31st then not again until around 11days later... I took a pregnancy test today and it says 2-3 weeks so does that mean this baby has come from when I had sex on the 31st or the 11days later? Xxx help please xxx

This has already been answered for u in tri 1!!

Its 11 days later!
Ur not fertile til the middle of the month.

The digi dates from conception, the doctor dates from ur last period.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Sorry it's my first ever time being pregnant and I'm just really scared and worried and confused as all these sites I've been on have told me u concieved on the 6th April an that it takes 5-7 days for sperm to meet egg and that would mean that when I had sex on the 31st it was then that has caused me to be pregnant, but that was only 3 days after my period finished... I'm just really lost and want to know... I'm 21 in 3 weeks I just don't know what to do :-( sorry xxx

Conception is when you've had sex, not when the sperm finishes its journey.

Not trying to be cheeky, but its frightening that ur having unprotected sex and yet ur so clueless about sex and conception.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Different living life styles have a different impact on a person... I'm not goin into details I just wanted to know if it was my bfs baby or the one night stand, but I have very different circumstances to the women on this forum no one seems to understand what it's like to be told you can't have children then 7yrs down the line you have a period for 5 days and then 3 weeks before your 21st you find out you could be 5 weeks pregnant... Sorry xx

Different living life styles have a different impact on a person... I'm not goin into details I just wanted to know if it was my bfs baby or the one night stand, but I have very different circumstances to the women on this forum no one seems to understand what it's like to be told you can't have children then 7yrs down the line you have a period for 5 days and then 3 weeks before your 21st you find out you could be 5 weeks pregnant... Sorry xx

There's actually quite a few ladies on this forum who have been told they can't have children and then go on to have them, that's not why people are replying the way they have to you. It's because no matter what the answer is, you just keep asking again and again. I don't think lifestyle has anything to do with anything :S

Jeez! You will be calculated from the First day of your last period! It really is t hard to understand. At 21 I'd be worried that you didn't know how a cycle worked or was careless to not use protection. There are lots of women on here who have tried for years and then along comes a healthy baby, it is not unheard of. You should listen to the advice given by ladies on here and in the tri 1 forum.

Hun, you've posted in three different parts of this forum now and each time given the same answer. Please relax, that ladies have given sound advice. xx

Yeah I accept every bit of advice and knowledge given... If you have never had a cycle how would you know when your cycle is??? I had a period for 5 days after 7years and now I'm pregnant and you seem to think I should know what my cycle is and know when I am able to get pregnant and when I'm not... At the age of 13 I was told I can't have children... So to me that is a different lifestyle to others.... I keep asking because after everything I'm told I do the research and I just don't understand what's being told to me to the research eg... Research says sperm takes 5-7 days to contact an egg... I apparently concieved on the 6th April... I had sex on the 31/03... Six days after sex I concieved that's why the clear blue home test says I'm 2-3 weeks preg???? But I'm told in actually 5-6 weeks pregs??? But 5-6 weeks ago I was on my period... That is what I don't understand... This is why I can't to a forum because I thought ladies in here would understand where in coming from and just listen and be patient with me as a first time pregnant woman that doesn't know anything... But yet I feel like most ladies have no time for someone that doesn't know/understand xx

I started my last period on the 15th March, but if I was pregnant now they'd use that date to base it on. Same for you. You might have been on your period at that time but that's the date they'll go from because not everyone knows the exact date they conceived.

You have been told though! When I calculated my dates I was on my period as like has been said it goes from the first day of last period. We all had lessons at school that tell you about periods etc and we were taught well before 13. If you say because you found out you couldn't have kids means you had a different lifestyle and if by that you mean unprotected sex then your asking for trouble regardless of your situation.

Thank you titch... Ha ha I sound like a prick... But that's what I don't get if you are on your period you can not concieve... Thats why I keep repeating myself... Because I don't understand how I'm being told I'm 5-6weeks pregnant when 5-6 weeks ago I was on my period how is that possible???? Xx

Because pregnancy is calculated from the first day of your last period x

You may not have actually been pregnant 6 weeks ago but they will say you are beacause that's how they work out the dates.

The reason we are saying you are 5 weeks pregnant is because doctors will go from the Last Monthly Period (the FIRST day of your last period, regardless of ovulation). The Clearblue test is indeed correct if it states 2 - 3 weeks. Remember this can also mean just 2 weeks pregnant. Which means your baby implanted 2 weeks ago. This ties in with a later date in April being your conception date.
If you were told you were unable to concieve then I understand this must be a huge shock to you, best of luck x

Last edited:
Like I said everyone's life styles are different all my friends had periods and ask questions necessary to them, where as to me being told I can't have kids why would I ask those sort of questions??? No that's nothing to do with unprotected sex... Due to different and certain circumstances this one night stand was unprotected but I have only previously had unprotected sex with my bf xx

"Very few expectant moms know exactly when they conceived, however. Even if you only had sex once during your fertile period, you wouldn't necessarily conceive right then. It's possible that the sperm hung out in your fallopian tube for a few days until your egg came along, at which point it fertilized the egg and your baby was conceived.

So without knowing the day of conception, how does anyone determine a due date?

Most people just estimate. The method typically used by healthcare providers is simply to count from the first day of your last period. For women with a menstrual cycle of average length, that day is usually about two weeks before conception, which explains why pregnancies are said to last 40 weeks. This method doesn't take into account how long your menstrual cycle actually is or when you think you might have conceived."

Thank you claire671 I really just need help, advice and everyones knowledge... I congratulate everyone that is pregnant I really am xxx just wish I could be happy about this pregnancy and not worried about it... But who's to blame other than myself... And I know this just don't need reminding xxx as everyone in these forums are the only people who know in pregnant... Not even my mum, my sister, best friend or OBIOUSLY the bf xxx

Why were you on the pill if you can't have children? Are you a troll?

No I'm not a troll???... I was 13yrs old tried to be normal like my friends that were in the pill told I wasn't allowed because I was too fat and I couldn't have kids anyway... When I was 18years old I weight 24stone 7lbs I had a gastric bypass in July 2010 I've lost just under 10stone so then I was allowed in the pill... And obviously now being 20 I decided I need to see what was happening down there in the womb after being told I can have children and being diagnosed with psos... So when I came off the pill (cerezzete) in February 2012 I had my first period in march did 2 home pregnancy test last week and said negative did one today showed 2 lines shit myself so ran up shop got a clear blue did that test said pregnant 2-3 weeks... Period went from 23/03-27/03 had sex on 31/03 then didn't have sex again until after 10/04... Like I said test says I'm 2-3 weeks preg... Sorry to repeat myself once again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back