Scared confused and everything else

Chloe91

Reaction score
Hi all...Sorry I'm being really blunt but just really need help... Just taken a pregnancy test clear blue and it says I'm 2-3 weeks pregnant... I had a period from 23rd march to 28th march had sex on the 31st march then didnt have sex until about a week later...would that then be the date I conceived? Help please... Thank you xxx

Using an online pregnancy calculator you are around 4 weeks and 6 days pregnant. Until you get your 12 week scan i don't think there really is a way to know which time got you pregnant. x

What online pregnancy calculator did you use I've tried 2 different ones and one said 6 weeks and the other said 5 but the clear blue home test says 2-3 weeks pregnant???.... Thank you so much... Oh and I took 2 home pregnancy test last week and they were both negative??? Weird xxx

This one...

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/tools/duedate/

Though i left your cycle window as standard 28 days so yours may alter if it's actually longer or shorter than 28 days x

Edit: the digi test says 2-3 weeks as they go from actual ovulation as where calculators and midwives do it from the first day of your last period... which is what i based yours on aswell x

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to PF. The online calculators are correct as they date your pregnancy from the date of your last period, which would have been 5-6 weeks ago, meaning that you are actually only 2-3 weeks pregnant.

However your Doctor will also go by the date of your last period.

You should probably repost any questions that you have in Trimester 1 as you are pregnant. There are a lot of helpful ladies in there that can help you with any questions you may have.

Congrats on your pregnany by the way x

Ah ok then... Well I've got a doctors appointment on Thursday so hopefully they can tell me something... Because me and my partner broke up for about 2 weeks I had a 1 night stand on the 31st march then got back with my bf so I'm worried it's the 1 night stands and not my bfs that's why I asked if I would have conceived this baby on the 31st march :-S so scared :-( xxx but thank you

That's ok any help I will take... Didn't think I could ever fall pregnant as have poly cystic ovaries and have done for 7 years with an irregular period and I had a gastric bypass 2 years ago lost 9 stone and I only once had a regular period was on for 5 days like I explained and now I'm pregnant... Thank you so much xxx

Its difficult to say for sure but I would have thought that the 31st March was too close to your period for you to have concieved on that day and therefore it is more likely to have been when you had sex a week later.

I just had a look at Pregnology.com and they say this:-

Last menstrual period: Wed, March 28th ,2012
Ovulation date: Tue, April 10th ,2012
Conception date: Wed, April 11th ,2012
Implantation date: Thu, April 19th ,2012
Due date: Wed, January 2nd ,2013

So its more likely to be your bf's, but I obviously cant say for certain.
x

Yeah I was thinking that too, but i don't know anything and I'm confused that the digi tests say I'm 2-3 weeks pregnant (conceived 2-3 weeks ago) but pregnancy calculators say that I'm 5 or 6 weeks pregnant but 5 or 6 weeks ago I was actually on my period... So really confused... When you found out you was pregnant what did you go by to find out when you conceived or to know actually how far pregnant you was? Sorry for being nosey xxx

Yeah I was thinking that too, but i don't know anything and I'm confused that the digi tests say I'm 2-3 weeks pregnant (conceived 2-3 weeks ago) but pregnancy calculators say that I'm 5 or 6 weeks pregnant but 5 or 6 weeks ago I was actually on my period... So really confused... When you found out you was pregnant what did you go by to find out when you conceived or to know actually how far pregnant you was? Sorry for being nosey xxx

your first scan at about 12 weeks will tell you how far along you are and when your due and then you can work out when baby was conseaved roughly from that x

your doc will work it out from your last period but a scan may change it x

Thank you well I should be able to get a scan before I get to 12 weeks because I've got psos, and I had a gastric bypass 2 years ago so my insides aren't connected like most lol xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back