• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ideas to speed up labour?

Louise_a

Reaction score
looks like im in for a long one. slow abour now since it started, keeps slowing down!! had my full show yesturdaybut was having bits of it for days before (YUCK!)

i get full on painfull contractions but only like once an hour, babyis well down cus i can hardly walk due to pressure and feeling like its all just going to fall out.

so far tried hanky panky, walking, curry and pineapple....

ARRRGH

im not sure there is much u can do whislt ur in labour hun but try and rest cos u got alot to do soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

if u have gym ball/birthing ball.... bounce away...

at my antenatal class the midwife said get the babys head bouncing on the cervix and get gravity to help by being upright

she also said most important thing in early labour is to get as much rest and sleep as possible cos u will need all the energy u can get - easier said than done im sure :hug:

good luck! :cheer: :hug:

arrgh half 2 and i cant sleep. keep getting pains and needing the loo too often.

come on kiddy!!!!! :bored:

Keep active. I know it's really hard when you're getting contractions, you just want to curl up into a little ball. But try to keep moving, bounce on your birthing ball if you've got one, walk to the end of the garden & back, or up & down the stairs.

My labour was quick anyway but I found when I moved from one room to another it suddenly sped up even more & got very intense very quickly.

Hope it happens soon for you :hug:

Go for even more long walks and try and stay upright.

Hope it gets going for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back