MommaKat 's Labour Thread! - Baby is here! - 12noon 18th Dec

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

MommaKat text me 2306pm 13th Dec - saying -

Strapped up to a monitor, baby is super active and now has hicups.
They are worried about my blood pressure, but not had an internal yet

Hope you blood pressure levels out Kat - you look after yourself X JJ:lol:

Update from Kat at 14th Dec - 0:49am! - Having Mild irregular contractions showing on the machine. Midwife not sure about leekage. Now waiting for Doctor to have a look and see.

Hope things really kick off for you Kat!

Update from Kat at 15th Dec - 8:31pm! -
Text from Kat at 8:31 pm!!! Don't think she went straight in - naughty girl!!!

Sat in a resterant eating Xmas Pud! Contractions 4 minutes apart and bloudy painful. Only just manageing to breathe through. Hospital 2 minutes down the road, heading in now - say thanks to all the girls for me!

Update from Kat - 15th Dec 9:24pm -Text from Kat - Gr Still 3cms!. Midwfie won't gimme anything and wants me to go home. I refuse to and am sat on a ball lol!

Update from Kat - 15th Dec 9:45pm - Text from Kat - Ok pissed off now! Got kicked out of the room they put me in , even tho is was a double with curtains between the two beds. So now have no ball and stuck in the waiting room with my parents who are whinning about being stucvk at the hospital even tho they decided to bring me in - what did they expect instant labour!

Updated from Kat 16th Dec 00:27am -
text from Kat Still stuck in the waiting room, struggling hard, almost wishing it would stopl altogether! - Contractions getting stronger , Can't stand or walk now but apparently still not in active labour lol. Midwife shift change soon though so hopefully new one is nicer!

I told her to keep going and ask them if there was anywhere nicer like a family room, might be a bit more comfy! Maybee it will all kick off , and go faster all of a sudden.. good luck Kat X

Updated from Kat - 16th Dec -0:57am - Had another internal, by some miracle I have gone from 3cm fully effaced to 2cm dilated and 1cm thick. In agony but it's against hospital policy for them to keep people in who aren't in labour, so iv'e been officially kicked out now and on way home

Sorry for delay in posting ! Text from Kat 1158am 16th Dec - Contractions eased this morning, but called my midwife and as Iv'e been in labour so long she is imho to call the hosp and try to get me booked in anyway. also baby has been quiet this morning so going in again anyway to get checked. On my hands and knees now trying to rekindle the contractions

Update from kat at 6:46pm 16th Dec - Midwife said if I can manage another half cm they will class me as being in established labour and I can stay. Off for a walk around the hospital.

Update from Kat at 2205pm 16th Dec
- Contractions stopped for a bit, just starting to pick up again, waiting for next assesment just after 10pm (Kat also said she has a feeling that this pattern will continue till induction next tuesday).

I think she will go before then- come on out baby Kat!

Update from Kat at 2241am 16th Dec - Just had my internal. she said I hadn't quite made the full half cm but thinks it will be tonight as my membranes are very thin. (She was worried about breaking them during the check and thinks a few good contractions will burst them), also said my cervix is very stretchy , which it wasn't yesterday so staying in for a couple more hours to see (live too far from hospital to go backwards and forwards).

Update from Kat - Fri 17th Dec 15:27pm - Waters haven't properly broken but leaking lots. Unfortunately there is meconium, so bye bye pool birth. Devastated that gonna be stuck on a machine for hours. contractions ridiculous now. On the edge of tears with each one. Only 4cm dilated, but she had really fat fingers!

Update from Kat - Fri 17th Dec - 16:33pm - God I love gas and air!

Update from Kat - Sat 18th Dec - 1:55am - Had Epidural put in at 1am. Only worked on one side , so just had it redone. Knackered.

I'm hoping she has had baby by now, or managed to get some sleep/rest with the epdural in, it's such a long labour - I really do think now me having a section is an easy option , and people were right after all - after walking through Kat's labour so far!- total repsect to all you labour ladies ! (I had no idea it could take so long to get past the 3cm to count in established labour, she has had no sleep bless in her in days).

Update from Kat - Sat 18th Dec 0845am - Epidural stopped working at 4am and it was agony on the hormone dri. but still only at 8-9cms. Waliting for doctor now. Might get 2 more hours but then they are looking at a section now. Can barely see, i'm so tired and on fluids

I'm feeling soo sorry for her now, hoe she gets to delivery naturally in the next two hours , real shame to have a section now after all she has managed through, but whatever is best for her and baby I guess

Update from Kat Sat 18th Dec - 09:18 am - poor thing , they have decided on a Section !!

Watch this space for baby news!

Dec 18th - approx 12 noon ish -
Momma Kat's baby has arrived by C-Section after a amazingly long labour!

Girl , 9lb 2oz , Alanna May (gorgous name, and Kat had guessed correctly with the weight!)

Huge congratulations to her, lets hope she can get some rest with her new baby , after her long labour! She will post a piccy to facebook when she gets chance.

Attachments

• Kats baby 18th Dec 2010.jpg
    Kats baby 18th Dec 2010.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Hope all goes well, and her little bundle doesn't give her too much hassle making an appearance! x

Update on first post = at 14th Dec - 0:49am! -

Ooh hope things go well for her today!

Since im home again , I wont bug JJ Mum :p

Blood pressure went back down again.. Funnnily enough at the same time that i really started to feel contractions. 3:20am I was let out of the hospital after they took bloods and were happy with babys heartbeat (which was going a bit mad for a while with the contractions)

They still dont really know for sure if its my waters leaking, if it is its a very slow leak, and as I was looking to be in early labour anyway, they werent bothered about it.

Contractions.. are not what i expected atall LOL But certainly getting more painfull this morning.. still irregular though but heres hoping they sort themselves out!

I think baby took note of the evicvtion letter!

Thanks girls

x

Last edited:
Oh, exciting stuff. I hope things settle into a regular pattern and bubs makes an appearance soon! x

I think I cursed myself by posting that.. Ive not had another one since I said it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back