******My induction/labour thread******

Congrats carly! What a brave woman you are but I know henry is worth it xxxxx

woo hoooo soo happy for you!! congratulations!!! look forward to hearing the final part to your very very long birth story xxxxxxxxx

Congratulations

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk

yey well done you huge congratulations xxxx

Yay!!!! Congrats!!!! What a naughty little bugger!! Hope he has the decency to let you get some sleep now! Well done you - what a marathon but you seemed to cope so well.

Tuesday 6th March

12am - got out of theatre. They tried to do an epi incase of cord prolapse as it would've meant emergency c-section but DH could still have been there. That wasn't successful as I was unable to stay still (they tried 3 times and I flinched each time). Ended up with no pain relief for the repture. They had to do a catheter with no pain relief as well. Ouch! Had a mw holding his neck and two other people applying fundal pressure at the top of my bump. The consultant broke my water and there was a lot! It had a light brown tinge to it which they said was old meuconium and common with overdue babies. Henry's head descended and the cord was still inside so was moved to labour ward to progress.

2am - examined as 4cm. Contractions still not regular so they started the pitocin drip.

4am - re-examined as 4cm still. Absolutely shattered by this point and just wanted to have a section and it be over with. They turned the pitocin off as my contractions were still not regular to allow me to get some sleep.

6am - pitocin re-started. Examined as 4cm (still!). Consultant said Henry was likely to be a big baby as he took up a lot of room and they were worried he may not fit through my pelvis as he had not descended anymore and was still quite high up.

9am - examined as 4-5cm. Consultant said Henry had started turning from head down to transverse with his head turning to the right. He explained he thought a section would be best for both of us. By this point, I just wanted it over and done with so agreed. I knew he wouldn't fit through and couldn't see the point in continuing. Called DH who had popped out for fresh air and told him they were doing a section in about an hour.

9.30am - gowned up and ready to hit the theatre. Got given a spinal as I couldn't face another epi being done. Was definatley the right decision for me. No pain and didn't find it that uncomfortable.

10.06am - Henry James Smith was born weighing in at 9lb 5oz and measured 58 long with a head circumference of 36cm! Needed forceps to dig him out so has a very minor bruise on his head :love: :love:

10.55am - Henry latches on for his first feed and is there for half an hour having a good munch! Lol. Very weird sensation but the most natural feeling in the world.

11.30am - on post-natal ward now to recover. Started to ring the family to announce his arrival.

3pm - DH's parents arrive to visit their first grandchild

5pm - my mum and brother arrive to meet Henry.

8.20pm - currently sat here with Henry snuggled up next to me staring at him in awe between typing sentences! He is the most amazing contented baby I have ever met. So far, he has cried a total of 3 times. When he was born, when another baby on the ward cried and when daddy put him in his fishtank! Lol! He is feeding really well and seems to like to play with his food once he has had enough! Lol!

It is an experience I never thought I would have, especially for it to last as long and so many things to happen. Henry is so worth all the waiting and pain I went through. I can't believe the rush of love I feel for him when I look at him. He is the cutest baby I have ever seen (although every mum thinks that!)

So, there u r ladies. Sorry for all the unnecessary info but for some reason I want to remember the whole experience. I hope this thread didn't scare anyone, and I apologise if it did. But it is true, I forget the whole thing the first time u hold ur son/daughter in it arms. Make the most of it, for these r extra special moments you will never get back.

Attached are som piccies of my utterly gorgeous son, Henry James Smith :love:

Attachments

• phuppimagerw.jpg
    phuppimagerw.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 23
  • phuppimageks.jpg
    phuppimageks.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
omg i got tears in my eyes!!!! im so happy you're so happy. you're amazing for going through all of that, i honestly mean that!!

Henry is obviously going to be a very well loved baby. hope you manage to get lots of rest and have a good recovery after your c-sec lots of love xxxx

Huge congrats hun! That was a long haul, you did fab! Well done, can't wait to see pics of henry!

Xxx

Gutted can't see the pics!

Glad your both well. Sorry you had a shitty time but it's all over now. I had to write my birth story up pretty quick as I knew I'd forget!

Welcome to the world Henry!

Congratulations hun glad he's here safe and sound, hopefully he'll be a good baby and let mommy recover quickly he is gorgeous btw xxxx

hes gorgeous and so alert :) well done you xxx and get lots of rest now u had a tough time by the sounds of things xxx

What an amazing story!! So happy your wee man is here safe and sound and in your arms!! Enjoy every moment (I'm sure u will!) congrats chick! X x

Aw he's gorgeous!!

Congrats again sweetie

Aw, congratulations Larlybelle! He is gorgeous! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111