Possibly early, early labour?? *Probably early labour* -> LABOUR

Lewa

Reaction score
Thursday

so... I was having a lot of BH, or tightenings of some sort...and decided to start timing them. For the past 50 min I've had tightenings every 5/6 minutes, lasting ca. 1 min each...
My lower back has been numb/tingling/a bit painful most of the day, kind of spreading towards my but.
Surprised myself this morning when I looked in the mirror and noticed my nipples were absolutely huge!
My BM this morning was also very soft... not diarrhea, but a lot softer than it's been in a long time..
Also feels like Pip is a lot further down, I can't really sit up straight because there's no room in my pelvis...
I wonder if this could be it???
It probably isn't.. especially not since I'm making a post about it... but what if it is?

Friday

4:14am

Have managed to get 2-3 hours sleep, but contractions are starting to hurt a bit, and my back is constantly aching.. My husband is still asleep next to me though, so I'll try to stay in bed a bit longer so he can be as rested as possible! Really want to get up and clean a bit though... :p

8:50am no further progress, actually slowed back down to every 5-6 min... Going to try to take a little nap as it seems like this could take forever... Then we'll try to dtd to help ripen the cervix a bit more... And then go for a walk around the block.. Hopefully things will have sped up by midday..

6.30pm
Not much of a progress I'm afraid.. :( Seems to be false labour or just a lot of really strong braxton hicks contractions or something...

Had a midwife appointment at 4pm. Pip's heart beat is good, he's turned from sideways to fack facing my belly, with a leg on each side, and he's head is nearly fully engaged.
We decided I wanted an internal, and the cervix has moved down and forwards, dilated about 1 cm, (could easily get one finger in) and she could feel babies head! So she suggested a sweep, since my body is clearly trying to get things going, and hopefully that will give it the extra push it needs to start up properly... sooo it could take a couple of hours before things progress, a couple of days, or just cool down and stop and he might stay in there another week...

Still having irregular contractions but they're not picking up in speed, although maybe a little in intensity..
I'm veeery sleepy now, so I'm going to sleep a bit again, probably won't be for a long time, and keep my fingers crossed that something "real" will happen soon!

11.30pm
Nothing grand to report.. The tightenings went away for a little while after I took a nap earlier. OH and I dtd, (on midwife's "orders" :p) and I've been laying down for a while after hoping it will do it's magic! Fell asleep and when I woke up now they are back, quite frequent, but still not painfull...OH is still asleep, and I'll try to get some more sleep in case *fingers crossed* something starts happening tonight.
Sorry nothing else is going on.. :-/ My in laws are getting impatient now, (in a good way of course, but still, almost makes me feel guilty for keeping them on their toes for so long!!)

Oh, and congratulations to Verity!! :D

Saturday

Good morning!
I'm pretty sure something will happen this weekend, so I'll keep updating here until hopefully it becomes a proper labour watch thread...

Managed to sleep through most of the night, some irregular contractions(with back pain) but nothing atm. Just went to the bathroom and I think most of my plug came out now! It was clear, snotty, jelly like with a "dirty yellow" tint. Had to wipe like 5 times as there was so much of it. Checked my cervix again, and it seems to be a bit more dilated, could get the tips of two fingers in! So there is some progress, although slow..

So, risking sounding like an idiot here not knowing what's going on I think I'm actually having contractions now, because these are painful!
We dtd again this morning, a couple of hours ago maybe, and I stayed in bed after to let it all "sink in" lol. The pain now starts in my back rather than lower abdomen, feels like really strong consentrated period pain, then spreads to the front before my belly goes hard. Only happened 4-5 times, so I'm waiting to time them... but I really hope these are real, because if not I'm wondering how much the real ones will hurt! (these make me stop what I'm doing, or make me change position, do some breathing etc... had one right now... ouch

this is it! It has to be! contractions every 4 min on average, lasting 1 minute each.
Can still talk through them with some weird breathing in between some words.
hubby is setting up the tens machine as we speak!

I LOVE my tens machine!

And yes, this is definitely it.

15:50
Still at home with my tens machine and birthing ball. Mostly just standing on my knees leaning my arms and head on the ball.. Hubby starts to think maybe weshould go to hospital but I really don't want to be sent home, plus here we can watch tv series (or he watch and I listen) so that keeps us a bit entertained/distracted at least.

I think it would be too ucomfortable to try to check my own cervix now... so probably just going to wait until the contractions are closer together or until my water breaks and then go.. checked it at around 3 and couldn't quite reach, but didn't seem like much had happened at that point...

Contractions are averaging on about 3min30 sec apart, but some are also a bit under 3 min apart, so things are progressing steadily!

Hubby just went to the store to get me some food (haven't eaten since breakfast) and came home with two different fruit smoothies, a bag of smarties, some haribo stuff, mountain dew, ice cream, four different flavours of yoghurt and 600g pack of cadbury chocolates on sale :p And I think he ran cause he came back really quickly. And it's taken me forever to write this as I have to stop writing with every contraction...

6:45 I'm her husband, she's in pain and asked me to come here and write that we are going to the hospital. \o/

Last edited:
I'm no expert, but it all sounds like it could be to me! Wishing you lots of luck! Got my fingers crossed for you!!

xx

sounds like my day!!!! only thing i have to add are that the added pressure in my pelvis has made my piles almost unbearable :( xx

aaaw sory about that samsgirl, but also... how exciting!!

Tightenings or whatever they are are still coming regularly every 5.something minutes, for ca 1 min..

oh wow sounds promising girls, i sense lost of labour watches this week

So, it's been 2 hours and 25 min and they are still regular every 5 min lasting for 1 min 05 sec on average...

I just ehm checked my cervix, and it's not any more dilated than before...(about 1 cm I thin) but I'm pretty sure I could feel the head at the "roof" of my vagina.. around the cervix.. as it was hard and slightly curved in the shape of a head... haven't felt that before! Eeeeeeeeek!

lol im amazed you can even reach your cervix. i wouldnt even know what i was feeling for to start with let alone be able to reach lol.
i hope this is it for you hun x

she either has long fingers or i have a long foof!!! ha ha x

lol i can reach enough to shove the EPO caps round the bend at the start but thats as far as i can get my hand, and thats a struggle.

samsgirl - he's not very active, but I feel him move every now and then..
Bev - I do have kind of long fingers I guess.. :p But also long arms, so I guess I can get a "good angle"?

I called the co-ordinator as I'm still having them every 5 min, for 4 hours now, and she didn't seem to not think I was in labour at least. She told me to call back when I can't talk through them or if they get a lot closer together, like every 3 min or something. She said that could be in an hour, or in a few hours, but it definitely seems like this is it!

Would be so embarrassing if it's not :-/

Ooohhh... So exciting! Good luck! :)

oh my god it is the real think then so exciting

funny that she asked you to call when u cant talk hehehe

Ooooh super exciting! Hope this is it for you hon! X

Exciting! I knew we were due a labour watch soon.

Hope it goes smoothly for you x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back