NW'S labour thread! UPDATE 11!They are hopefully coming home

lea m

Reaction score
I thought I would make this thread to carry over from her own!
I woke to find a text off Donna sent at 6.13am saying she was still at home, contractions strong but irregular! She had a show but is getting tired now! :( I sent her a text back at about 9.30 ish but she hasnt replied so hopefully she is too busy having painful contractions!! :cheer: :cheer:

UPDATE 1
She is back home :( The contractions werent regular enough for them so they have booked her in to be induced tomorrow if she need it!
Shes gone back to bed as she is so tired poor girl! :hug:

Im shocked they sent her home actually! When my waters broke and I went to get checked, the MW told me that they dont like to let you go over 18 hours and would have put me on the drip at that point! I know all hospitals are different but the poor girls in pain and has to just go home and try and deal with it!? Not fair! She should have some G&A!

UPDATE 2
I got a text off Donna at 3pm saying she was going back into hospital, Contractions still irregular but intense and her waters are brown and she has had reduced movements so was really worried! :(

I text back to tell her to try not to worry as most babies movements are reduced during labour but sounds like babs may have pooped and I was glad she was heading back to the hospital! I havent heard anything since! I hope things are moving along well! :hug: :hug:

UPDATE 3
Donna is in the delivery ward now! :cheer: Contractions are every 4 mins and regular! :cheer: She is managing on the Tens but cant wait for them to give her some G&A! She is walking around the grounds a bit to help speed things up! She is about 3cm at the min!! :cheer: Baby is happy and didnt poop so that is good!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

UPDATE 4
Text from Donna last night at 12.40am, Contractions coming every 2 mins but not dilated any more in the whole 9 hours! :( She had a bath and had still not had any pain relief! :(

Well Im shocked again! Im so glad I didnt go to her hospital :( No pain relief after all that time!?? And Im sure they say not to have a bath when your waters have gone?! :think: Poor Donna! I havent heard anything back this morning so hopefully she got some pain relief soon after that text and maybe even has had babs by now!? :think: :cheer: :pray:

UPDATE 5
Just got a text back off Donna and she is still no more dilated :( Shes been induced (Im guessing the drip) and and epidural!

Hopefully she will be able to get some rest and at least she has some pain relief now! Fingerscrossed for her that things really speed up now and she has baby soon!! :pray:

UPDATE 6
YAY just got a text off Donna, Isla Grace was born by emergency c-section at 8pm weighing 8lbs 2oz!!!!!

Well done Donna!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Cant wait to hear the fill story and see pics!!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

UPDATE 7
Donna text this morning to tell me she had the section as isla had pooped and was very distressed because of the long labour! Shes not latching on to the boob yet but shes trying bless her!
She also just text me again with a pic!! She is beautiful! She said I could post the pic but I cant find the lead for my phone unfortunately! :(

Oh Im good!! ;) lol I took a pic of my phone so its not the clearest of pics but here is Isla Grace!!
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:
e80dd78b.jpg

UPDATE 8
Had another text off Donna, babs wouldnt rake to breast so they tried bottle and wouldnt take to that either! :( They now think she may have an infection as her heartrate is slow and her temp is low! Poor girlie!

:pray: :pray: :pray: Isla doesnt have an infection and begins feeding well! I told Donna how Lola-Mae didnt feed to begin with and also her temp dropped too! Though by the end of the day she was fine! Fingerscrossed Isla is the same!

UPDATE 9
Just had a text off Donna saying Isla is now in the SCBU due to feeding problems! Shes on a feed tube and antibiotics drip, She cant keep her feed down though! She has an infcetion due to the prolonged time after Donnas waters broke! Donna is very tired! :(

Poor Isla! :pray: :pray: :pray: That she gets rid of the infection soon and begins feeding well! Im so angry at the hospital! :evil: They should never have left her that long after her waters broke! Poor Donna :( :hug: :hug: :hug:

UPDATE 10
Isla is now out of SCBU!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: They have taught Donna how to feed her by tube but she is now taking to the bottle anyways!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: Hopefully they will be home soon!! :pray:

Im so happy! This is great Im so glad she is getting better and feeding now! She also sent me another pic! She is gorgeous!

UPDATE 11
Just had another text off Donna and they are hopefully coming home today!! Baby is feeding well now drinking full bottles!!

This is fantastic news Im so happy for Donna!! YAY!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Have they picked up again since her last update saying they had stopped??

Hope they have or do soon.

COME ON BABY TIME
TO MEET MUMMY!!!!

LOTS OF LABOUR DUST SENT YOUR WAY HUN

Updated!
Yeh they must have picked back up but not regular!

Oh bless her, yes they should have kept her in :think:

Hope things pick up real soon for her. :hug: :hug:

Bless her she must be exhausted - Hope she is getting some :sleep:

Jane x

Awwww sending lots of love and labour dust xxxxx

Sarah xxx

awww :hug: :hug: :hug:
hope she is getting some rest :sleep: :sleep:

fingers crossed things pick up for you ninja! :D

awwww bless her she must be exhausted i thought they really would of had her in as her waters already gone :eek: bloody hospitals, fingers crossed bubs will come on its own today and not need to be induced.

Come out bubs were all ready to meet you :hug:

aww poor her, she must be really tired now. I am also shocked that she is back at home.

Best of luck hun xxx

Poor love, hope you get some rest!! Sending you lots of labour dust!! xxx

Oh Im really pleased shes on her way back to the hospital.
She must be worrying bless her :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Shes in the best place and fingers crossed baby will be here soon.
Mind if baby has pooped then they'll want baby out asap. :hug: :hug:

thinking of you ninja hun hope you are soon holding your little one :hug: xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back