I think I have made my decision........still time to change it many times

kaz1983

Reaction score
18th April is looming and the provisionally booked amnio test.

I think our decision has been made to go ahead with it scared as we both are we feel it needs to be done. The only thing that would change it happening now is if that Consultant sees a nasal bone when he does his pre test scan.

I know my mind is gonna be changed many times between now and then but I think that having it done is for the best. Hubby is constant nightshift just now though he has days off inbetween but that is the time when I have too much time to think about it

What isnt helping and it shouldnt really bother me is my bloody boss .......2 emails I have sent her about my pregnancy one being that everything went well with 12 week scan and could we start to sort out what happens next etc and the second one about the amnio test date to which she has never replied to either (she is so useless its unbelievable!!!!!). I am going to email her again tomorrow as she is in the same office as one of my best friends and she hasnt been told about the amnio test. If my boss doesnt answer my email that i send tomorrow I will just be phoning in sick on the day of the test and she can like it or lump it as maternity unit have said I am not allowed back to work that day

sorry for the long post just needed to get that off my chest. I am going to try and keep my mind occupied with a)breakfast as think minion is hungry and b) housework when I can get off my fat arse lol xx

Sorry your feeling down and worried
My friend had the same test done she was so worried about it she ended up having the week off as she wanted absolute rest after the test had been done
If I was you I would ring in sick the rest of the week and let work get on with it
They don't care about pregnancy I have found and in the respect I now don't care about work im putting me and baby first and that won't change
Best of luck hun xx

Hi hun,

I hope it doesn't come down to needing the amnio, but if it does I think you and your OH are being very brave.

If faced with that situation I think I would need to know and I 100% support your decision.

As I say I truly hope it doesn't come to needing the actual test though!

I am sorry work are not being more supportive and I think you should do what you need to do. Bub is more important!

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I also would need to have the amnio, I wouldn't relax til I knew. I agree you should have the week off, can imagine you'll need rest emotionally and physically xx

Hope things are okay, your boss needs to be a bit more supportive. I'd take the week off must be nerveracking

Sorry your feeling down and worried
My friend had the same test done she was so worried about it she ended up having the week off as she wanted absolute rest after the test had been done
If I was you I would ring in sick the rest of the week and let work get on with it
They don't care about pregnancy I have found and in the respect I now don't care about work im putting me and baby first and that won't change
Best of luck hun xx

Thanks lizylou

One minute I am fine and quite prepared and other times I think too much and get all worked up - I will definately rest completely after the test as I feel we are taking a risk as it is so I will be moving only when necessary. I have done my part by emailing my boss once that should be enough if she doesnt reply to my email I will just be phoning in sick I dont care anymore they dont care about their staff as it is all they care about is figures xx

Hi hun,

I hope it doesn't come down to needing the amnio, but if it does I think you and your OH are being very brave.

If faced with that situation I think I would need to know and I 100% support your decision.

As I say I truly hope it doesn't come to needing the actual test though!

I am sorry work are not being more supportive and I think you should do what you need to do. Bub is more important!

xxxxxxxxx

I hope it doesnt come to it either but we feel it is something we need to do just for peace of mind either way - I stoppeed caring about work a long time ago as they just arent interested in their staff and peoples feelings xx

I also would need to have the amnio, I wouldn't relax til I knew. I agree you should have the week off, can imagine you'll need rest emotionally and physically xx

Thanks Cos - I am going to take the Wednesday as sick and the Thursday/Friday as annual leave as I have all my annual leave to fit in before maternity leave starts all four weeks of it so might as well take it as that then the boss cant moan that Im off on the sick all that often xx

Kaz, sorry to hear what you are going through right now! I really hope and pray everything works out for you! Work is bottom of your priorities right now, so please dont be worrying about taking whatever time you need off sick! xxx

im jumping in here from postnatal as i have experience of amnios...

i had to have two amnios during pregnancy and both were fine and worth doing. i did have them quite late though, 28 and 32 weeks so they were quite painful (they get worse the further you are) and obvs i didnt have miscarriage as a risk, it was early labour. but i do think they are worth doing... you may feel sore and crampy after and if i were you i would take a few days off if possible! you need to rest as much as possible afterwards, i took a week but again i was alot further than you.

hope this helps, private message me if you wanna know anything more :) xxx

Hope things are okay, your boss needs to be a bit more supportive. I'd take the week off must be nerveracking

Thanks Em the boss I dont think realises what she does or doesnt do half the time until it is pointed out to her. I will have the day of the test off and other two days as hols then she cany moan about it - im pretty calm about the now on the day will be a different story xx

Kaz, sorry to hear what you are going through right now! I really hope and pray everything works out for you! Work is bottom of your priorities right now, so please dont be worrying about taking whatever time you need off sick! xxx

Thanks Karolina work has been bottom of my priorities for a loooooooooong time I used to worry about them and go in when I was ill but you dont get anymore thanks for it - Im giving my boss one ast chance and if she doesnt reply I will just be phoning in sick on the day and she can get on with it so I wont be worrying about work I think I have my head straight about it all now xxx

im jumping in here from postnatal as i have experience of amnios...

i had to have two amnios during pregnancy and both were fine and worth doing. i did have them quite late though, 28 and 32 weeks so they were quite painful (they get worse the further you are) and obvs i didnt have miscarriage as a risk, it was early labour. but i do think they are worth doing... you may feel sore and crampy after and if i were you i would take a few days off if possible! you need to rest as much as possible afterwards, i took a week but again i was alot further than you.

hope this helps, private message me if you wanna know anything more :) xxx

Thanks My1stBaby

It is good of you to post your experiences as I cannot imagine how you must have felt having to go through them later on in pregnancy. If you dont mind me asking why were they done later on?

I will see what the boss says if she replies to my email (I dont feel I could talk to her face to face and I have just said "tests" as I feel she doesnt need to know what tests they are) this might seem petty on my part but she is not great with staff issues or really a people person. I will have the rest of the week off then hubby is at home that weekend so will rest then too xxx

If it helps I had a cvs twice the risk of an amnio and all ok as you can see :) x

so in about an hour's time my boss will have yet another email about what I lock out as the day before our amnio test. I will be attaching my first email to really put her on the guilt trip and if she chooses not to reply I wont be chasing her I will just put my annual leave in for the Thurs/Friday and will phone in sick on the Wednesday. Although I am fairly calm about it all I wont let her know that. Will keep you posted as to how I get on

Hope everyone has a lovely day looks like its gonna be nice up here xx

Woohoo at last finally got a reply from my boss its only taking her two weeks and for me to chase her up about it again

So all set now days booked off, hubby as the wednesday booked off, think friends may visit on the thursday while hubby at work and my mind is set and is calm

thanks for all your helpful and lovely comments xx

i got my blood tests done today and will get results within next few weeks. We have already decided not to have an amnio though if the results come back as high risk. I know that will mean we will be stressing out like mad until baby is born, but for us, even if baby had downs we wouldnt be getting rid of it so an amnio wouldnt help us. yes the peace of mind would be fantasic, but its such a hard decision to make isnt it!

I think you are very brave going for it, good on you. and best of luck! x

i got my blood tests done today and will get results within next few weeks. We have already decided not to have an amnio though if the results come back as high risk. I know that will mean we will be stressing out like mad until baby is born, but for us, even if baby had downs we wouldnt be getting rid of it so an amnio wouldnt help us. yes the peace of mind would be fantasic, but its such a hard decision to make isnt it!

I think you are very brave going for it, good on you. and best of luck! x

Thanks Lynds

Wish you all the best for speedy results back on your tests

If we hadnt been asked to have the extra scan as part of student training we wouldnt have known about the missing nasal bone as the bloods andmeasurements were perfect so in a way it may seem a bit of a backwards decision for us to make to others but we just want to be prepared as like yourself its not gonna make us get rid I could never do that

I have things straight in my own mind now and strange as it is to say it I am ready and calm about it all now and I will have complete rest for a few days then gradually get up and about back to as normal as i can be xx

Sorry you have to go through this. Good Luck with whatever you decide and glad you have work sorted now. X

Beat of luck hun
So happy your boss finally got back to you tell you something if it was the other way round and your boss wanted something god there would be hell to pay wouldn't there grrrrr mean people
It was my first day back at work today and they expect me to rush back in and whiz round... Not a chance I have been off with abdominal pains and ligament issues and to be honest I got home today and I ache so so bad wish I had more time off
You take your time hun and take all the time you need bugge them it's about you and baby
Take care x

Sorry you have to go through this. Good Luck with whatever you decide and glad you have work sorted now. X

Thanks Looby

I would say the test is a definite unless the Consultant sees a nasal bone in which case there will be no test getting done xx

Beat of luck hun
So happy your boss finally got back to you tell you something if it was the other way round and your boss wanted something god there would be hell to pay wouldn't there grrrrr mean people
It was my first day back at work today and they expect me to rush back in and whiz round... Not a chance I have been off with abdominal pains and ligament issues and to be honest I got home today and I ache so so bad wish I had more time off
You take your time hun and take all the time you need bugge them it's about you and baby
Take care x

Thanks Lizylou

Hope you are taking it easy tonight after your first day back at work. Workplaces now dont seem to care about their staff as individuals these days its shocking what they expect from you.

Yes I am having complete rest from the minute I get home after the test until at least the Saturday after which I will gradually start to get about and do things. xx

Glad she got back to you at last x

Thanks Cos hope ur keeping well?, so am I her reply was very short but at least it was a repsonse. I am doing everything I want done in the house before the weekend so I can have a couple days rest before appt too xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back