I think I have made my decision........still time to change it many times

I've come back as high risk but we are not going for amnio as we have no intentions on terminating what could be our one and only child be it downs syndrome or not
Hope it's not too bad for you, I'm not great with needles so quite relieved hubby is not making me do it :) not quite sure how i will cope with labour but I'm much better off being chucked in at the deep end anyway :lol:
We are just going to prepare as much as we can with info and hope for the best, at our age it was always a risk, just a shame it took us so long to conceive!

I've come back as high risk but we are not going for amnio as we have no intentions on terminating what could be our one and only child be it downs syndrome or not
Hope it's not too bad for you, I'm not great with needles so quite relieved hubby is not making me do it :) not quite sure how i will cope with labour but I'm much better off being chucked in at the deep end anyway :lol:
We are just going to prepare as much as we can with info and hope for the best, at our age it was always a risk, just a shame it took us so long to conceive!

It did go through my mind that if its not going to make a difference then why bother having the test but because we would rather know we have decided that its for the best. If hubby wouldnt keep throwing in every now and again "so you still having it done" it would not make me wobble but he is happy whatever I decide so we will see what the Consultant says on Wednesday.

Im like you not great with needles either have just got over the fear of them taking blood from me the only problem now is they struggle to get it as my veins are rubbish :(

Hope everything goes well for you xx

It did go through my mind that if its not going to make a difference then why bother having the test but because we would rather know we have decided that its for the best. If hubby wouldnt keep throwing in every now and again "so you still having it done" it would not make me wobble but he is happy whatever I decide so we will see what the Consultant says on Wednesday.

Im like you not great with needles either have just got over the fear of them taking blood from me the only problem now is they struggle to get it as my veins are rubbish :(

Lots of people say "we wouldn't terminate anyway" which annoys me because the majority of ladies making the difficult choice to cvs or amnio are not doing it to decide whether to terminate, they are doing it to prepare, contact support groups beforehand, so that medical staff will be aware at the birth and can put special measures in place if need be.
I completely understand why you would want to know. I couldn't stand going through a whole pregnancy after being told I'm high risk and wondering at delivery if baby has a genetic abnormality.
Good luck to you xxx

i agree it s not about termanation it s about preparing before hand x

Lots of people say "we wouldn't terminate anyway" which annoys me because the majority of ladies making the difficult choice to cvs or amnio are not doing it to decide whether to terminate, they are doing it to prepare, contact support groups beforehand, so that medical staff will be aware at the birth and can put special measures in place if need be.
I completely understand why you would want to know. I couldn't stand going through a whole pregnancy after being told I'm high risk and wondering at delivery if baby has a genetic abnormality.
Good luck to you xxx

Thanks Cos that is exactly why we are doing it so we can prepare ourselves to give minion best possible life no matter what. I always said to hubby that if we "accidentally" got pregnant when we perhaps weren't ready there would still have been absolutely no way on this earth that a termination would even have been considered.

I am a natural worrier at the best of times so I am determined to be prepared and to enjoy the rest of my pregnancy which to be honest apart from the morning sickness being around for a good few weeks I have absolutely enjoyed being pregnant and intend to carry that on :) xx

i agree it s not about termanation it s about preparing before hand x

Agree absolutely with you preparation is the key not termination xx

well this is my last day/night of major housework until next weekend. I am resting as much as possible (apart from working tomorrow and Tuesday) before appt for amnio on wednesday. I have done all I set out to do in the house this weekend and am just about to head off to buy paint for minion's nursery :dance:

hope everyone is having a great day xx

Hey hun. Will be thinking of you on Wed. Take care xxx

Glad you're feeling prepared, hope it goes well x

thanks Cos......yep all set as long as nothing happens to unleash my hormonal cowbag side as thats when I start having doubts etc so lets hope for no awkward patients or staff over the next two days at work xx

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope it goes ok x

Will be thinking of you tomorrow. Hope it goes ok x

Thank you......thankfully it is Wednesday and not today it is happening but I am still all prepared nothing has turned me into an emotional hormonal cowbag and I only have two days at work so surely nothing can go wrong. I have everything done in the house that I wanted done

Even having my bloods done today or tomorrow for my liver check will not stress me out even though its usually does as I am determined to keep myself calm xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back