Well I am High risk for downs etc (UPDATE PAGE 4)

JJ Mum

Reaction score
Hi girls, what a horrible day I'm having , my pregnancy journey is a nightmare.
(sorry feeling a bit sorry for myself).

I got a phone call today at 8am today , to tell me I was high risk from my Nuchal combined screening last thursday, I have a 1 in 9 risk of having baby winth chomozonal issue , we we think is quite high.

We are having a CVS thingy at 1:15 pm today, to take a sample of pacenta to test, and apparentyl the results for the big three ,downs, Edwards Syndrome and something called Pasals I think come back within 48 hours from test, and then full report for other things back withing 2 weeks.

It has to be done before 14 weeks and I am 14 weeks tomorow, but baby dating slightly smaller, tho dates not changing, so w have a few days left, or wait for amnio from 15 weeks onwards. I just need to know now!

Has anyone had this level of risk ?, or had this test, they said 1-150 and upwards was a low risk.

I told my boss about pregnancy this morning, and asked for tofday off as holiday and tomrow and thursday as working from home, she was fine and said congrats. I explained what was happening and risks etc, and she said to rest up. I thought she was really nioceb about it all, and then she repied again with can you let me know asap when you plan to leave work to have the baby so she can start contingency planning!!!! I had to log off then I was fuming!
I just replied, well if this pregnancy continues, I plan to leave end nov or early dec. Couldn't believe she could ask that now!!!

Last edited:
:hug: I've not had any personal experience of any further testing but I hope the CVS goes well for you today. Sorry your boss was so insensitive :(

Oh JJ. Sorry your boss was so insensitive to your feelings :hug:

That's awful about your boss. I really hope the tests go well for you JJ xx

Sorry to hear your news hun and I hope everything goes well for you later... lots of hugs... :hug:

Aw Hun, so sorry your boss was so insensitive :hug:

Goo luck for your test sweetheart xx

Oh JJ, sorry you're going through this, good luck for the tests and try not to get upset about your boss, some people just don't understand and don't realise how insensitive they're being.

BIG :hug:

really sorry jj thinking of you and hope the results come back with a good result for you

:hug:

xx

Last edited:
I'm so sorry that you have to go through this!! Hope everything goes well with the test and that you get the results very soon :hug:.

:hug: good luck for your tests, i'll be thinking of you xx

Hope the tests go ok today, will be thinking of you x

Well thanks girls - I am back home just now, it took 1 hour 10 mins in the end and lots of loo trips to adjust the bladder volume to the right level to stop her getting the bowels or the bladder with the needle.

It was certainly an experiance , you should have seen the faces on the other ladies in the scan waiting room, as I went in and out 3 times, I think they thought I must have OD'd on water for a scan!

She got her sample in the end , apparently hampered by my 3x secton scar tissue ! and I am resting now , told OH he is doing everything , I'm taking no chances till I believe the risk of Mc is over.

Friday or monday they will ring with the major results and rest by post - fingers crossed X

Aww so sorry you had to go through all this JJ, hopefully the test results will come through friday and be good news *hugs* x

So sorry to hear this JJ, doesnt sound like a very nice experience xxx Big hugs and too right, rest up hun xxx

I tell you what tho, I'm, soooo glad I didn't tell the kids the other night as planned ! phew

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back