I am so worried, please help...

mishmish

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got my results from the Integrated test today which I did after my combind test results weren't great (1:220 chance) and I wanted to have another test done before I decided on an amnio.

Unfortunatly the results are worse and I am now in the high risk group with a 1:70 chance.

Here are my results:

week: 15 and 5 days
MS-AFP level : 19.8 iu/mL ; 0.81 MoM
uE3 level : 2.5 nmol/L ; 1.00 MoM
Free ß-hCG level : 101 ng/mL ; 6.37 MoM
Inhibin-A level : 745.5 pg/mL ; 4.54 MoM
Nuchal measurement : 1.7 mm ; 0.90 MoM
PAPP-A level : 3730 miu/L ; 0.96 MoM

I am so worried now and can't stop crying as I was really hoping for a better result...

I am also worried as me and my husband had to get some fertility treatment to get pregnant and I am worried that the IUI treatment has increased our chance of having a baby with DS.

Has anyone has similar results? can you please share from your experience?

I have a level 2 scan tomorrow and a chat about the amnio which I will probably do next week.

Thanks,

T

Just the fact that you're 35 pushes your results up, so the fact that the first results were 1:220 I'd say there's still a very low risk - imagine you in a room of 220 people and one being chosen at random - I know it probably doesn't help but the odds are still very small, even at 1:70. I'm not sure about the normal levels but I'll have a quick look online now - I still think your age is increasing your chances though, and the rest probably aren't far off normal :hug:

Just had a quick look and a couple of your results are at the higher end of normal, but as they were taken after 12 weeks they would be expected to be slightly higher - not sure how much the levels increase though. I hope the scan goes well tomorrow :hug:

hi honey,
i understand your concern and i hope all goes well. the IUI wouldnt put you at a higher risk of producing a baby with DS thats down to your age. your at a higher risk the older you get.
but 1:220 way better than 1:97 which my cousin had. her baby is walkin round at 2 fine and dandy (rude as anything) but bare in mine those tests are all guesstimation, they are not 100% accurate.
you could go and have amnio done but think about weather u want to or not. even though its a 1% chance (statistically) of miscarrying. speak to your midwife or doctor.

we can all give u tips, hints and advice but we arent professionals. but we can put smile on ur face n give u a virtual hug. so here is a big one for you *HUGS*

I hope your scan goes well today, I don't know where you are living, but I was told if I did the Nuchal scan and Bloodtest at 12 weeksish, I should not do the blood tests at 15 weeks, as they can conflict each other, this was told by two midwifes I saw (Im in Wales)

hey try not to worry we all want healthy babies but those tests are not conclusive and a 1:220 is i would say fairly low considering you are classed as an "older" mum also even if you did have a ds baby there are many severitys of ds ranging from hardly any difference to a "normal" child through to sever disability the chances of your baby being ds and severely ds affected are very low, try not to worry. i almost think these tests are better not done with the worry they cause us mums to be!!!! thinking of you and hope the scan goes well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back