• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How young is too young?

Tell

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

i was just worried about how young is too young to be having a baby?
i just worry that doctors and MW's might treat me differently because of my age? has anyone experianced this?

im 22 years old and have a full time job as an engineer and we have our own home so i know we can give it all the love and stability. i just wonder if the judge on age?

thank you for taking the time to read this :)

xx

i was 22 when i fell pg with my daughter and they didnt treat me differently hun :) its not like your under age or anything so dont worry xx

Oh no don't worry, 22 isn't young, there's so many girls having babies from around 15-16 that us "early twenties girls" are ancient to them! I was 19 when I got preg with my 1st and all the mws and drs were really good, ever made age an issue.
I'm 23 now and having baby number 2 :) its when u r ready huni xxx

I was 19 (almost 20) when i had my little girl and wasn't judged or treated differently. Aslong as your in a stable relationship And ready for a baby i don't see the problem xx

thank you all so much for your replies, i think i was worrying for nothing :)
xxx

I'm 23 and all were fine, I think they may judge younger than 16

I had my first on my 20th birthday :) I'm no on number 4 and I'm 25 will be 26 when lo arrives xxx

I just turned 23 last week and havent been treated differently by any medical staff.... i get funny looks from old women haha but i think thats coz i maybe look younger than i am.. especially these days when i cant even be bothered with make up and my hair just gets tied back!!!

i think your worrying over nothing, you should get treated the same as any other woman hun x

I dont think 22 is particularly that young to be honest. I know plenty of younger mums. And age doesnt affect what sort of parent you will be its all down to how mature the person is xx

I'm sure they will be fine with you. I was 25 when I had my daughter and was virtually a pensioner in the ward after i'd given birth!! Doctors, midwives etc have to be professional and although they'll be aware of your age they really wont treat you any differently.
Wishing you a healthy and happy pregnancy!

xx

You'll be fine hun. I had my first at 19 and I was the youngest on the ward. I got terrible looks but that was 13 years ago lol! x

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

I was 16 when i had my first an my mw was brill, i was so worried as i was very young but they were excellent xxx

For me it's not how other people respond, it's how you feel yourself. I felt I was too young and I missed out on a lot, wish I'd have waited but I wasn't ttc, he was a happy accident lol xx

Sent from my gorgeous iPhone 4S

I was 20 when I had my daughter. My partner left me at 4 months and they were just so lovely to me. Not judged at all. Still chat to mw now at slimming world. Would love to tell her I'm expecting again 13 years down the line.! Ha ha you'll be fine xxx

Aw I think 22 is a lovely age to be a mummy. My friend is 41 and she got married at 19, had her first baby at 21 and had 4 by the age of 32! And now her kids are leaving home but she still feels really young. I think there are advantages and disadvantages to whatever age you start a family - there are always going to be sacrifices but so much joy as well! xx

ive quite recently turned 20 and im pregnant with my first :)

as far as i can tell, no one is treating me any differently to how they would treat someone who was, say, 28.
and thats even with the fact that im not in a relationship and other issues.
i think it takes alot for mw's and doctors to be shocked and judge people.

try not to worry :)
x

Im 22 also, but im due to have my baby a month before i turn 23. My mother still thinks im too young to have kids. My fiance will be 26 by the time baby arrives. I think thats about the perfect age, you see girls as young as 15 having kids thesedays! :). Age is just a number!

Im 26 and I got told that I was an older mum (made me feel like shit!! Lol) so I wouldnt worry, if people have an issue then ignore em I think that a good mum at 16 is better than a rubbish mum at 30!!!
xxx

I was 22 with my first as well. I didn't feel to young and mw was fine. My little sister had my nephew at 19 she's 5ft 1in. The staff in Adams (nearly 20 years ago) asked her if she was buying clothes for her dolly when she went in 5 months pregnant . They seriously thought she looked that young and were not intentionally trying to be rude. :O My sister was so not impressed.

I'm currently 24, will be 25 when baby born, husband just turned 30. As others said, I don't think age matters it's more about how mature you are and whether you have the means to bring up a child.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back