young mum Roll call

Yeah my upbringing was a bit odd tbh my mum and dad are both bikers we didn't have a car till i was 8 we had a motorbike and sidecar lol. I am a complete metal head and Ezzie loves metal music lol. =) It's a lifestyle not just music and ppl don't tend to understand tht x

Just remember you can't win - there is always going to be someone judging you. You might be too old, you might not be married, you might go back to work too soon or not at all! Don't worry what other people think. The people that matter love you and the people that don't judge will think good on you for taking care of yourself and your child. That is my only pet hate, seeing unkept kids - doesn't matter about the mothers age :)

I'm 26 and will be having my first, I know my friends will think that age is too young but I think that's because they are still growing up LOL xx

im not a young mum lol, im just cooking up my first at 30 but i dont think age matters, your either a good mum or not and bad mums come in any age too. id never judge someone for age just like id never judge someone for style or taste. i work in the care industry mainly because they dont mind if i have half black half purple hair and wear black a lot. the worst thing about being pregnant is not being able to join in mosh pits and wear my corsets lol. i too love my new rocks and metal music tho im more melodic death/ symphonic metal than other types. going to bloodstock while 8 weeks preg was interesting lol. ive never toned down my look or changed it to grow up so i wont start after baby is born either.

Yeah my upbringing was a bit odd tbh my mum and dad are both bikers we didn't have a car till i was 8 we had a motorbike and sidecar lol. I am a complete metal head and Ezzie loves metal music lol. =) It's a lifestyle not just music and ppl don't tend to understand tht x

both my parents had motorbikes :) mum sold hers when I was about 10/11 but dad sold his before I was born so they could get a car, and before I was born my mum had a side car! most of my family still have motorbikes!

strangely having a baby has made me want to express myself more (like i used too) but i do think it helps that i dont have to "conform" any more, I was working in a ladies fashion store . . . *ahem* hated it *ahem* went on maternity leave and then got made redundant! so now it's truly up to me when and if i go back, and in what type of job!

I was a young mum-fell pregnant at 15 and had him 4 1/2 months after my 16th birthday. I returned to school when he was 8 weeks old and had a job by the time he was 5 months old,I was also v lucky in that my oh at the time was 19 and able to provide a house for us. I'm now nearly an old mum at 29-eldest will be 13 in a few weeks!! x

Hi, I'm both a young and old mum and also guess I'm 'alternative'. I had my first at 21 and I'm 36 this time round and I must admit I do stand out as different at both parents evenings and the baby groups I've been too. I don't let it bother me though, people can either take me as I am or not, it don't bother me. 9 times out of 10 most other mums are fine with me and accept the ageing hippy-goth look and New rocks! I think when your confident and happy with yourself people are much more likely to accept you. I do sometimes wish there was a few other alternative mums about though!

going to bloodstock while 8 weeks preg was interesting lol. ive never toned down my look or changed it to grow up so i wont start after baby is born either.
I went to slayer when i was bout 12 weeks pregnant and the only reason i even realised i was pregnant was when i wore my new leather corset and felt sick whilst at a gig and then kept feeling ill lol. I went bloodstock this year but i'd already had ezzie and thought against taking her but she is attending this year with me =) I can't wait xXx

I wish I was brave enough to keep up the look I like while im a mommy. I just dont want to be stereotyped for it!

Im a young mummy! Had J two weeks before i turned 22! Oh my days i had some filthy looks when i was pregnant as even now i still get id'd for stuff so i must look young. Got to the point id stare back....people never got up out of their seat to let me sit down even when i was ready to pop and they would mutter under their breath. The worst comments which i find crazy are (after people find out im marriedO 'so did you get married because you were pregnant?' waaaaaaaa???? Hey ho, other peoples ignorance make us stronger! xx

I went to slayer when i was bout 12 weeks pregnant and the only reason i even realised i was pregnant was when i wore my new leather corset and felt sick whilst at a gig and then kept feeling ill lol. I went bloodstock this year but i'd already had ezzie and thought against taking her but she is attending this year with me =) I can't wait xXx

thats awesome, i saw so many lil families with their babies in carriers and buggys with those massive ear protectors on and it was lovely. they all seemed to be having a great time.
im counting down the time til i can wear my corsets again lol

I had my 1st at 18, and have just had my 2nd at 23 x

I'm a young mummy! I was first pregnant at just turned 16 but unfortunately miscarried it and then planned my little girl at 17! I'm now 18 with my little girl almost 2 months old! I do get funny looks espiecially when I tell people she was planned! But tbh I couldn't care less what other people think, they don't know the ins and outs of my life so have no reason to judge but that's just life! Everybody judges someone for something they have whether its being a young mum, old mum or a single mum! Xx

I had my first at 19 and now pregnant with my 4th and will be 26 when baby is born, people look at me with shock horror and say things like 'are they all yours' 'you have your hands full' and you don't look old enough (I think there thinking i must of been about 14 when I had my first lol)

I go to loads of baby groups tho and never had any problems and get on really well with older and younger mums.

I don't think it's got anything to do with age I have my children 24/7 and i do it all with no help from grandparents or anything so would be a no different mum if I was older.

But the question I hate the most is ' ohhhh are they all to the same dad' people seem to be shocked to believe you could possibly have 4 children young to the say man lol

I was on the cusp I suppose 24 when my LO was born and despite having been married for over a year people still told me I was way too young and mad! I dint get too many funny looks when I was pregnant but now I do my wedding rings didn't fit me ages after cos I gained a lot of weight and I got so many funny looks from people especially if I went out without my make up on! I don't care though I think it's a blessing to look youthful :)

I'm now having my second one and I'm 25 so I don't class myself as young at all however the looks I get from people are awful because I have a pram and I'm pregnant again! My LO is quite small for her age and doesn't look like she will be one next month which doesn't help I suppose but I think it's terrible that people judge like that!

I don't know about baby groups as I haven't ever been too any really im not the most confident person and after being bullied at school if I went and no one spoke to me I would be quite upset so I just don't go

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back