From miscarriages to miracle - James Michael. Our sticky bean born on Daddy's B'day

I love his little eye brows always full of expression lol I can't really see Jackson's cause he's fair headed.

Glad he's been eating today cheese sammich yum!

Xxxx

Just a wee update!

After almost 3 nightmare weeks (temp, teeth, virus then temp and teeth again - plus it was leap time) we have our happy little boy back.

I have been totally knocked sideways by the last two leaps as James has never been effected by any of the other ones.

Still no steps or words, he seems close to both but I am not in any rush. I'd love to see his first steps before I go back to work on 2nd January though :lol:

We've decided to NTNP after my next period to I'll be starting a TTC journal in the next few weeks... can't wait :)

xxxxx

Last edited:
Yay TTC :cheer:

James will walk when u least expect it just like the other mile stones, no rush hunni.

How long now till work? Xxx

Glad to hear little James is back to his good old self.
I have to say when Madison is having her testing days I find it really difficult to manage and know how to deal with her.

How exciting about TTC! I hope you get you're bfp soon and you're not waiting too long.

x

I am due back 2nd Jan :shock:

Not too bad as I have two days then a weekend then I am back full time.

It makes me feel so sad when I think I won't spend all day with James... I am sure we'll all be fine but to say I am dreading it is an understatement.

I have some holiday left over so I'll have a weeks off end of Feb.

We'll be ntnp for a few months.... See how that goes!

If nothing by June I'll get proper serious and buy a CBFM.

xxxxx

Happiest when he is doing something naughty x

uve7yzum.jpg

Last edited:
Ahh lucky u. I'm back to tomorrow!!! Lol.

He's got a wee cheeky face, cracker xxxx

Can't believe how quickly the time is going till you go back to work, Jacob was 14months when he took his first steps, fingers crossed James does it before you return to work x

Not updated for a while as we've had a crazy week.

I am sure anyone who reads James' journal will know he ended up in A&E on Wednesday and was subsequently admitted for 3 nights due to a viral induced wheeze.

Talk about a shock. James was clearly poorly hence me making an emergency GP appointment but never in a million years could I have imagined how it would have all panned out.

I took James to GP in a baby-gro, I had zero cash and no nappies or milk as I thought we'd be home within half an hour!

We ended up in A&E as the GP wasn't happy with his breathing, we were spent about 7 hours in A&E and initially there was talk of us going home with an inhaler so I went into shock when they told me they had a bed for James :shock: :shock: He just wasn't responding to the inhaler or nebuliser.

Thankfully we ended up in a nice little bay with a window bed and a lovely lady opposite who was there with her boy the whole time we were.. We've swapped number and plan to meet up in better circumstances.

Our first night James was on hourly inhalers, although they would mix it up with nebulisers here and there. Second day & night was two hourly, third day & night was 3 hourly so we've had very little sleep.

James hates his inhalers so every time he has it he'd get pretty distressed, after a while though I just kind of zoned out. Me or OH would hold him and nurse would do inhaler.

I cannot praise the nurses and staff highly enough. In particular the beautiful, silent angels that are the night nurses. I would waken to do James' inhaler with them but they'd let me sleep through any ob's they did. They were just the nicest ladies ever...

We were discharged yesterday once we got to only using the inhaler 4 hourly. We came home but I had to nip back to hospital as he needed some other medication and it took ages to be dispensed.

Last night was OK, James does not like his medication. OH holds him and I administer it. In hospital he's pretty much go to sleep immediately after any night time inhalers last night it took him 2 hours to calm down.

We are reducing the number of puffs he needs now in line with the guide for weaning him off the Salbutamol.

We'll see GP in a few days and see if the lower dosage in OK.

Sadly I have gone into complete meltdown and cannot stop crying. I think I just went onto autopilot whilst he was poorly and now we are home I am just reflecting on things a bit more. Also he hates me doing his inhalers so its quite stressful and I've had barely any sleep for nights now!

I don't know how the ladies that have to take their children in regularly cope???

All in all its been a horrible experience but definitely the nicest way to have such a horrible experience if that makes sense?

xxxxxx

His inhaler that he hates!

2udu8apy.jpg

Cheeky monkey
razu7e3a.jpg
5aru3y4y.jpg

Last edited:
Bless him, I'm glad that he's home sweetie, where he should be, I hated it when Jacob was put on an inhaler in August, luckily it was only temporary, but he wasn't fond. Love how happy James looks even when poorly x

Awww little Mr - Glad your out, Think the yellow one is a little bigger than the one we have, ours is the same except Orange but I remember they did only have the yellow but the pharmacist says he was too small for that fitting LOL bless.

How is his cough now? Glad little man is on the recovery anyway, and how nice he met a little hospital bud LOL xxxxx

Long time no update !!

I meant to do his 13 month but couldn't get on that weekend.

James seems all better now after his stint is hospital. We've not used the inhaler for 12 days now.

James did have a fall 10 days ago though (down my front steps in his pram and smashed his face) so we had a trip to A&E in an ambulance. Paramedic was 100% satisfied James was fine but as he is under 2 he had to go in. We were out within the hour though.

I cannot begin to express the guilt and upset I felt and it really knocked my confidence. It was an accident but ultimately my fault.

James is doing great. His first word was German "Nein" - he says it all the time :lol:

We're still not fully walking yet, he is so close but seems to have lost his confidence. It's quite common when they have been poorly for them to go backwards so to speak. He has also gone back to having his dummy a lot more than before he was in hospital.

He is currently napping and is then going over to Granny's to visit OH's lot whilst I have a blitz with the hoover and mop the floors... It will be a treat to do these chores without James pulling my trousers down!

Tomorrow we are having a lazy morning and then we are going to my folks for a full on Crimbo extravaganza! My Mum is Christmas mad so it will be a very festive afternoon.

We'll end the day at the in-laws and then maybe me and OH will get a chance to watch a film ??

In other news we're not officially TTC baby number 2. Also I am back at work on 2nd January after an epic 14.5 months on maternity leave. I got my first salary in a year yesterday so that was handy!

I feel heartbroken when I think about leaving James so I am trying not to let it eat into our Christmas... I know I'll be much sadder thane James!

He is with Daddy for 6 weeks then with my sister so it's not too bad.

Merry Christmas to everyone

X

Oh no honey, you guys have had such a rough time but hopefully it won't set James back too much. I can't imagine what it must be like leaving your little one but hopefully you'll get a BFP before too long and then have more time off! Sending you and James (and James daddy of course!) love and Christmas hugs :) Happy Christmas! Love ceebee and Harry xxx

Hope you have a wonderful christmas hun, I'm sure when James is 100% he'll get in the walking game quite soon, it takes them a good 4weeks to be back to "normal" after they've been poorly doesn't it. Hope you all get everything you want for crimbo. Big kisses from Jacob and peanut x

I cannot believe another year is over????

It seems like time speeds up everyday.

2013 has been a beautiful year, I have been lucky enough to extend my maternity leave so I have spent every single day with my baby..... [barring the 4 KIT days I did :shock:]

It's been a pleasure and an honour to have this time with James. I've watched him go from this little creature who couldn't hold his own head up to a mini person. Some changes have been so subtle and have taken a while but other changes have happened before my eyes.... I've spent the whole of 2013 nurturing my child and I am thankful to have had this time.

I am of course sad that it has to end but James is imprinted in my heart, soul and mind. Even if I am not with him in person, as often as I want to be, our bond will continue to grow.

2014 is going to be a new chapter in our lives and I look forward to another year with my boys.

Happy New Year one and all

X

I hate dummy piccies, but he was too cute in my hat and of course he wasn't allowed any sweets, he was just playing with them :lol:

X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back