Our Young family

Aidans Mummy

Reaction score
Hi My name is Heather and I am 18. I have been with my fiance since the age of 13. I was a young niave school girl with no worries, responibilties or any real idea of where my life was going.

Aged just 16 me and my OH James had a suprise. Even though we were sexually active I had always been careful I had dreams of becoming a top riding instructor etc and had a place at Bishop Burton College in East Yorkhire near Beverly. But then one easter my whole world was turned upside down. The reason? I was sat staring at a postive pregnancy test. I was sick with worry about how my family and OH were going to react. After all we were young and didn't plan it to turn out like this. But my mum and dad supported me and my OH stood by me. I finished school and came out with 13 GCSE'S A* to C. I has so many questions that needed answering and felt very lost. But luckily I turned to the internet and found a forum much like this one. With wonderful non-judgemental people whom I shared my pregnancy journey with.

During this time I had started a nursery nursing course at Hull College. I left for maternity leave at 8 1/2 months pregnant.

Aidan was born on the 11th December 2008 weighing 8lb 5oz. I remember staring into his big blue eyes and being amazed at how I had created such a tiny, precious and perfect human being. I was in Awe. Reality soon set in and I went through one of the biggest learning curves of my life, not only how to me a mum but also maturing into a woman. I loved every minute of it. When Aidan was 3 months old I returned to my course and caught up and then completed it.

Now I have moved in with my OH and Aidan is 17 months old. He is such an amzing cheeky little character. But oh so bright . His speech is coming on well and his personality is starting to come out properly. At the moment I think he has reached the terrible two's a little early so we are currentlyy trying to deal with that. At the moment I have taken a gap year but I volunteer my skills at sure start sessions when I am needed.

In september Aidan will be starting nursery full time whilst I study peadiatric nursing in my local university.

That's about it really, you're up to date :). This journal will help me keep all those little memories that some times can fade into a lifetime of experiances. Memories that I am sure some will be lovely and some may be times I struggle. But as long as I have my little man with me, then I will be just fine and get where I want to be. Hopefully a neonatal nurse.

Anway sorry for the ramble I must get going Aidan has just run in with his nappy off. Oh the joys :)

:hug: Looking forward to reading all about the next stages hun :love:

oh wow, i loved reading your little story, i'm 18 too and just about to become a mummy for the first time and i cant wait :hug:

Last edited:
oh wow, i loved reading your little story, i'm 18 too and just about to become a mummy for the first time and i cant wait :hug:

I know I am checking your thread for updates :)

You will do great I am sure
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back