From miscarriages to miracle - James Michael. Our sticky bean born on Daddy's B'day

Back in one piece!

Had an amazing time (I'd highly recommend Kefalonia)

Traveling was a complete nightmare as I expected. Had a 2 hour delay going but they had let us board so a 3.5 hour flight meant we were on the plane for nearly 6 hours :wall2: :wall2:

Coming home James was travel sick in the coach,thankfully he slept on the plane though.

The holiday was fine. We had moments when OH and I looked at each other and were like"what have we done" but on the whole James was an angel.

He adored the pool, would happily stay in there for an hour and then he'd be so tired he'd have a 3 hour sleep. I managed to get a suntan and read a book!!

At night he was up until 11pm (9pm our time) and we went out to eat every night, he was really well behaved and the resort was so kid friendly, we were really welcomed.

I think we are all glad to be home now though!

X

vydyjere.jpg

enuve3u4.jpg

u8e2eba4.jpg
4ugavu2y.jpg
une3ury5.jpg

Last edited:
/\ /\ /\

A few recent piccies... playing, sleeping, should be sleeping and after a haircut :lol: (the only pic I could get!)

Not much to report, James is still a fantastic little boy and for the most part very happy.

He is learning more and more words (the most recent being "onion" - very random!)

We are trying with the potty but he mainly just likes to wee on the floor :shock:

He is loving it with my sister and her boys. They go to groups most days and James is mixing with lots of other children.

Will find out in just over 6 weeks if James is going to have a little brother or sister !!

X

He's a lovely little man! Our babies are growing up too fast though - just want to pause time sometimes as it's such a lovely age (most of the time!) xxx

21 months. Where is the time going?

Not got many new pics as James doesn't sit still (its pen on his forehead by the way). Last pic was recently when James was poorly

apydujas.jpg
7y2a9e6a.jpg
6abesa3e.jpg

Not much to report, James has been ill recently (virus and teeth) which has wiped him out completely. He is still not 100% now - 10 days later.

I am a little worried about his speech, he says a lot of words - mainly by repetition - but he doesn't have a massive vocabulary and isn't using sentences yet? I know all kids are different, trying to read to him a lot more to encourage his talking BUT he is far too energetic to sit still for reading?? He thinks books are toys to be slung around!!!

X

Last edited:
James is such a cutie! I wouldn't worry about the speech thing. Jack says loads of words, but only when he knows what they are. Our neighbours little boy who is a month younger says so much more but he just repeats what he is told to say rather than knowing what he's saying. The closest to a sentence we have is 'daddy's car'
My mum said I didn't say a word til I was 2 then I was having conversations with everyone!
James seems similar to jack in that they're very active little boys and learn by watching rather than saying xxx

Thanks for the reassurance Kitty.

It's good to know.

Even though James is happy and healthy it seems there is always something to worry bout??

X

Don't worry too much about his speech, he sounds about average for his age (Jacob is still just saying the odd word now) there is always a child that excels at talking and will strong sentences together really early and make you worry.

Speech development milestones
"18 to 24 months
By 18 months your toddler may use between six and 20 simple words. By two, your toddler may be using 50 or more single words.

She may be able to put two words together, making basic sentences such as "Carry me". When you sing a nursery rhyme, she'll attempt to sing along with you. So if you sing "twinkle twinkle little..." and pause, your toddler may add in "star."

She will chatter to herself as she plays. Enjoy listening to your toddler as she creates her own little world. It doesn't matter if what she says doesn't make sense. The rhythm will sound like real speech.

Pronouns such as 'I','she', and 'it' may confuse your toddler. These labels for things and people are a little too abstract for her just yet. You may catch her avoiding pronouns, saying "Baby throw" instead of "I throw". There's no need to worry if your toddler's speech doesn't sound clear yet. Every toddler learns different sounds at different stages. "

Sorry for the "she" it was copied off a development page x x

Thanks for the info Sal, it's really useful (sometimes Google does more harm than good?) but in this case it's really useful info!

X

Don't google carnat! Your wee man is doing fine, they all develop differently! We always read to Freya on a night time and she often clarts about but I do think it still goes in and she expects her story every night, it's worth persevering!
Xxx

I think it was baby centre hun, they are usually pretty good for milestones. I totally agree google is a nightmare, the things it's come up with in the past for simple symptoms, it's a good job I look for NHS pages etc, lol hope you're well? X

James is going to have a baby sister!!!

Cannot believe it

X

Woohoo! Congratulations! One of each flavour...nice!xxx

Gorgeous little boy! Can't believe our babies are nearly 2! xxx

Cannot believe a month today my big baby will be 2.

No new piccies as he doesn't sit still. He learns new tricks by the hour it seems?

Latest thing is putting whatever he can get his hands on in the bath (sadly a few times when it has been full as I am about to get in it!).. think the Sky Remote was the most naughty thing he has managed to "drown"

He is also obsessed with the cat? Never paid her a blind bit of notice until about a month ago and now he follows her around squawking in her face. She lives under the bed at the moment when he is home and running about.

He does so many sweet things as well, he has just leant how to say "I love you" which is just the most amazing thing. Speech wise he is still not brilliant, he can repeat loads and is beginning to say very short sentences "I want water"... I am not overly worried about it, I know they all develop at their own pace.

In other news I am almost in Tri 3 with bub's number 2 and we have a new house, signed the tenancy last week. It's a beautiful 2 bedroom maisonette with oodles of space. It's in a right state so lots do but hoping to be in there by late November.

Kiddies will be OK to share for a good few years and the bedrooms are massive so easy to give each child their own bit of space.

It's all go-go-go with us at the moment.

Actually I do have a piccie... taken just yesterday... he lined his cars up like such a big boy!

uqejypab.jpg

X

Last edited:
Happy 23rd month little one! Jesus christ he's making me feel old! :p

Hope your doing well, busy days ahead it seems. Good luck with your new home etc, saw the pics on pws - looks lovely xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back