Food shopping budget?

ToriElla

Reaction score
How much does everyone spend on food shopping per week and how many people do you buy for?

Just wondered what is realistic as my family is expanding

We shop at Sainsburys (our family is now me, my husband and 16 year old stepson) some weeks we can spent as little as £70 other weeks it's £150, it depends on what we have in the house, how full my cupboards are whether it's a week where I also need to buy ketchup, kitchen roll, cling film etc. We also spent an additional (roughly) £20 in Marks & Spencers on fruit. My step-son is leaving home on the 2nd September and I was hoping my food bill might drop again (Hubby likes it when I spend under £100!!) but I know I'll only want to stock up on nicer things then so I doubt it will :D Sorry, my budget guide probably isn't much help.

I buy for me, OH, Mason (5) and Brody.

My big shop is usually about £70-£80 depending if I need baby milk and nappies etc. I do top up shops too often though, probably about £30 more in a week on extra bread/milk and bits and bobs.

mines about £250 a month for a family of 3. (2 adults 1 4yr old) but i do buy small things in from local shops as well, as and when i need them. xxx

oh gosh i have to admit im terible for shopping especially at sainsbury's my o/h toted up the other day that i had spent about 240 last month :oops: Mindue he makes me laugh though he thinks you could do a shop for 30 for the month :shock: :rotfl:

I just wondered if everyone thought £70 per week would be a realistic amount which is what the budget will likely have to be when I have to give up work etc.

I think it should be ok though!

We spend about 60 to 70 a week. Usually about 40 in one shop then 20 to 30 through out the week on bits. Thats for me, dh, jess whos 6 and Aimee whos 1. Nathan only cost £6 a week at the minute for food. :D

that sounds like a good amount hun! i also do my shop from 2 different places. freezer stuff from iceland and cupboard stuff from asda!! xxxxxx

Removed due to deciding too personal for public viewing

Last edited:
ToriElla said:
I just wondered if everyone thought £70 per week would be a realistic amount which is what the budget will likely have to be when I have to give up work etc.

I think it should be ok though!

I think £70 weekly is ample to be honest....my bill shoots up because unless it's organic I refuse to buy it!! :oops: i.e. regular chicken £2.99 and organic chicken £8.99 - hence the price hike in our bills! :hug:

our family of 4adults and baby gets us a £120ish per week from sainsburys, I buy baby stuff durin the week like fresh fruit and veg when im out?

went to asda last night and got everythin for the wek at about 90quid so def goin there again!!!

I spend between 25-40 a week it jst depends
I follow a menu planthing so i know what to buy etc
on a tight budget hehe

Around 70 pounds ....2 adults, 1 child and a baby.

We do buy alot of junk though. OH puts in nothing but sweets :roll:

I have a budget of around £450 per month.

I probably spend £80-£90 big shop with 2 adults and 2 children.

Plus fresh tings to stock up on in the week.

I usually shop on Sainsburys online for my big shop as you have the list besides you and you can see how much the shopping is totalling to and if you spend more than you need, it's easy to remove items and stay within your budget.

Also if you shop online with them and spend £75 plus Tue-Thur you get free delivery. :D

[/list]

I budget £300 a month for me, OH and Dan. A dog and 2 cats. That includes all cleaning, toiletres, nappies etc, plus around £10 a week for fresh milk, bits and bobs.

we probably spend about £50/£60 when we do a weeks shopping at asdas, but then we pop to the co-op almost every other night for small things and spend about another £10/£20 each time, and thats for 2 adults. Jeez no wonder im putting on weight! :shock:

Princess_Puddles said:
:shock: We only spend around £55 a month from Tesco for 2 Adults & 1 Baby

cor Mica, do u not eat?!?!
thats my chocolate and sweets bill lol!!! :shock: :lol:

Princess_Puddles said:
:shock: We only spend around £55 a month from Tesco for 2 Adults & 1 Baby

£55 a MONTH!!??!

HOW!?!?!

We use tesco on line and spend about £70 per week for me and DH but then we have take aways 2 or three tims a week too :roll: will have to cut down on that once I'm on maternity leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back