Food shopping budget?

In our house theres me, Josh (4) and OH. We do one big shop each month which usually comes to about £80, sometimes up to £100.

I call at Tesco every day though and always get bits and pieces like bread and milk, I spend about £10-£15 a day just doing that.

i spend about £30 a week but that includes baby milk and friut and veg and a lot of chocolate :lol:

I budget £100 a week (food & cleaning stuff) at Morrisons plus £20 in bits and bobs - 2 adults / 4 children

God we'd all be rich if we didn't have to eat!! :rotfl:

Just me and OH. We spend about £50 per week with Sainsburys Online. We eat out on Fridays so that bumps it up anywhere between £20 (Nandos :puke:) or £40 (Italian and wine :cheer: )

I'm loving this thread ladies - I like to see what other people are spending on their shopping, helps you know whether you are being thrifty or not hehe

:dance:

I'm not really going to be very helpful as I don't really do a regular shop, just every time we look like we're going to run out of food. But for 2 adults and 1 dog I tend to spend at least £50 at Tescos every time I go. I tend to go shopping at least every one and a half weeks. Then I also go to the village shop about every other day for bits and pieces. My OH buys his lunch whilst at work so i guess that's another cost added. We have takeaway probably every other week oh, and go round to my Mum and Dads for dinner every other week too.

I think the reason we don't spend so much at the moment is because OH is working most weekends (as well as during the week) so instead of preparing something elaborate (not that I'm really capable of that - OH is the cook in our house normally) cheese on toast or a simple pasta dish is an adequate and cheap substitute. I think the most expensive item on our shopping list is Iams for the dog :D

We went to Asda this morning and spent £202 and that should see us through to the end of the month, I always plan my meals out now so we know where we are with things. We probably spend and extra £5-20 a week on other bits and pieces i.e milk, eggs, bread etc.
DH and I have started a diet now so will spend less coz we won't be buying naughty foods from the local shop! :(

we spend £100 a week at Asda & that is 2 adults & 4 children (including Louie so baby milk & nappies)
when it was just me & Rich we spent about £50 a week (most of it junk though!!!!

Nicola, you are sooo right saying we would all be rich if we didn't have to eat!!! Rich is always saying that too :lol:

i'm on a diet so have (tried) to cut down a bit!!!

We spend about £120 a week on groceries and that's for 2 adults a baby and two greedy, fussy cats

Sarah&Braydon said:
£350 - £400 in my house hold for mum, dad, me, sis, and braydon

a month though yeah??? :shock:
surely not weekly :rotfl: :rotfl:

Who else does online shopping? I keep meaning to try it but I'm worried I'll get the stale bread and manky fruit :?

do it Urchin its brilliant. never had a problem yet. In fact food better than if packed it myself.

I sometimes online shop with Tesco. You definately spend less than if going to shop - fruit always lovely really well picked. So my experience has been good so far

I Online shop at Tesco every week, it's so hard when you don't drive. I SHOULD say that ahem....... my OH works in a Sainsburys but I don't trust him to shop right!!

You always get the best of the fresh stuff, the pickers shop from the warehouse not the shop floor, but I have been disappointed with dates once or twice.

And although it's getting better, the 'substitutes' can be a pain as often it's the special offer things you've chosen that are out of stock and you get a full whack option instead :roll:

Overall though, it SAVES me a fortune as I'm such an impulse buyer when i'm in a store. This way I shop for meals and can't deviate :D

We spend (including cat food, formula and most toiletries/cleaning stuff) about £60 a week and have one takeaway :D

We spend between £60 and £90 pounds a week, which is for everything, including most of the household things (soap, washing powder etc), that's for 2 adults and a baby.

I tried online shopping a few times but to be honest I found it a lot quicker just to go to the shop myself, and it costs £5.99 for the delivery, I would only do it if I couldn't get to the shop for some reason :D

Princess_Puddles said:
:shock: We only spend around £55 a month from Tesco for 2 Adults & 1 Baby

God dont tell my OH that... ive told him it cant be done :wink: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111