Shopping online for food

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
Does anybody do their food shopping online and who would you recommend?

I just dont have the energy or inclination to do a shop at the moment.

I have never done it as i love going to the shops :oops:

but i have heard good things about Asda and Tesco's :D

I have only done it once with Tesco's and was very impressed & would def. do it again. A couple of my friends uses Tesco's regularly and can't fault them.

We have used Sainsbury's every week for over a year now. Really excellent service. We have had a some items delivered that were nearly out of date once...we emailed and got our money back the same day. You get £10 voucher if they are even one minute late.

I have used Tesco's and Asda too....internet shopping is the future!!!

I love it - I use Tesco and don't have any probs with any substitutions. I also spend less than if I was wandering around the shop as I don't pick up impulse buys!

Thanks for your answers :hug:

Ive just orderd my shopping from tesco and its being delivered tomorrow lunch :cheer: I didnt even leave the house :D

I did this for the first time last week, I even found a code to get £10 off the cost of the shopping so that even more than covered the cost of the del. We live in first floor apartment so they carried it all upstairs too which was a bonus!

I did find that the fruit & veg they delivered wasn't the best, but I will def use again for everything other than fruit & veg.

:D

I shop online with Sainsburys. I have to say after months of experience with them they have messed up twice (not anything major but still a pest...one occassion was a bank holiday weekend so wondering if it's jus because it was so busy!). Anyway...what I'd say is that it's GREAT for things like tins, your laundry powders, washing up liquid, boxes of frozen bits, i.e. pizzas or breaded fish, crisps, jams etc. What they are not so great with though is fresh stuff. I don't order salad/fruit from them online anymore as what tends to come tends to be the bits/bags that have been dismissed by several people before you know when you go and have a look at a bag or two and eventually select a nice fresh looking one from the back...they tend just to pick up the first one closest to them and it's not always the best - things like pork chops or bacon etc can often be a little more fatty than the steaks, chops etc you'd pick yourself.

So....anything they can't really pick better/worse stuff, i.e. your cleaning products, cans of coke, bottles of water, tinned foods, bags of pasta etc then go for it, it's so much easier. What DH and I tend to do is have Sainsburys delivery on what ever day we need the groceries and then at some point over the weekend nip into either Sainsburys or M&S and get a few fresh veggies, salads and meat steaks etc.

If you order £75 worth to be deliverered Tue-Thur then delivery is only £2.50 well worth it when you don't have to heap the heavy bags around yourself. Friday - Monday delivery is £5.00 what ever you end up spending.

Online offers (i.e. buy one get one free or two for £3 etc) don't show up in your basket untill you have selected a delivery slot!

Happy shopping, it saves us a heck of a lot of time/effort.

I either use Tesco or Asda... I check out the special offers 1st and see which company has the best ones for me....
Been using now for over 3 years... its great.. as i don't have my DH moaning that i'm taking too long and trying to run me over with the trolley LOL
They do sometimes forget a few items.. but if you call and list the items u are missing.. either the driver will come back with the goods.. or they will refund your card

Since I have temporarily had no car, I have been using Tesco's online, it is so much easier!! Would recommend it and the website's so easy to use.

I have heard Ocado is good, but have also heard Tesco is good too. I haven't shopped online as heard that you have to order certain amounts?

I ordered about £60 worth which is about what i would spend in store (1 weeks shop)

the highlight of my day is going to be the delivery in an hour or so. gimmmmeeeee my mistrels :lol:

god, im sad :wall:

I prefer to buy fresh food myself from the shops (to get the longest expiry dates) but use the online delivery service for bulkier items like washing powder and toilet rolls.

I've used Sainbury's and Tesco's in the past, but have had problems with both these companies - I've received goods that were damaged (especially tins!) and sometimes goods were missing from the shopping list (even though they say it has been picked). It's a hassle to have to complain afterwards.

I've heard that Ocado (Waitrose) is good, but they're more expensive than the other compnies.

I've used Ocado, Tescos and Sainsbury. Sainsbury had the least amount of variety, but that was a few years ago so it may be better now. I won't use Tesco anymore 'cos I don't think they're very ethical, but their service is reasonable. Even if there are occasionally quite a few substitutions. No clue about Asda, but I wouldn't touch them anyway since they're owned by Walmart and are very iffy ethically.

I've found Ocado to be far and away the best. As long as you buy Waitrose own brand and are canny about offers etc they don't work out much more expensive. And the food is better quality. Uniquely, too, the groceries come bagged according to whether it is to go into the fridge, freezer or cupboard. And they bring it right into your kitchen for you, which means that you literally only need unpack it. We don't use them very often because we live ten minutes walk away and I like to shop little and often. However, when we do, they're superb.

Well my shopping came. Im impressed for the most part :cheer:

however...

:evil: I ordered a bag of iceburg lettuce which is brown
:evil: 6 pinter of milk which has fridays date (no worries tho as I am guzzling milk at the moment)
:evil: The bottle of bleach was leaking slightly (hopefully just the lid not on tight enough)

:twisted: :twisted: The driver was dishy tho

tangerinedream said:
Well my shopping came. Im impressed for the most part :cheer:

however...

:evil: I ordered a bag of iceburg lettuce which is brown
:evil: 6 pinter of milk which has fridays date (no worries tho as I am guzzling milk at the moment)
:evil: The bottle of bleach was leaking slightly (hopefully just the lid not on tight enough)

My drivers are old and simple!!!

tangerinedream said:

This reminds me. The last time I used Tesco's delivery service (about 3 years ago) the chap had the temerity to comment (favourably, but still) on my bum. I thought it was most unprofessional. I was half-tempted to complain but couldn't be bothered in the end.

Do you know what the order amounts have to be over?

Also, does it matter which brand you pick or do you have to pick one where you know there is a shop close to you?

I do mine with Sainsburys....their minumum spend is £25.00.

You can shop with any of the supermarkets, just make sure they deliver to your area, i.e. if you are local to a Tesco and Waitrose they will deliver but if you fancied shopping with Sainsburys and they are over about 15 miles away you might have problems. Check with the websites they should tell you their delivery area, you usually just punch in your postcode and it says yes/no to your area.

TG: Told you not to order fresh veggies/fruits with the order, the few times I have I've always recieved the scabby looking ones - I order the tins, soap powders, bottles etc and just nip in myself for a basket of fresh goodies once a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back