Feeling numb....

SeonaidMac

Reaction score
Yesterday I had it confirmed that i've miscarried and lost my little bean.

I had pretty much told myself this was the case before I'd even had the scan confirming it. I just knew... after all the 2 weeks of spotting starting off with a bright red little clot and then passing the big brown clot a week ago today... i knew something wasn't right so when i got the negative pregnancy test on Thursday i knew i'd lost my bean...

Devastated is an understatement even though it wasn't planned hubby and I were over the moon now i just feel numb.....

I have to go back to the hospital in 2 weeks to have another scan to see if i've passed everything.. if not then i'll have to have it removed by the dr....

Not really sure how to feel... i'm gutted and sad but at the same time i'd rather it happened earlier than later...

So sorry for your loss, give yourself time, it's not a nice place to be. Look after each other :hugs: xxx

So sorry for your loss, give yourself time, it's not a nice place to be. Look after each other :hugs: xxx

Thanks hun xx Hubby is being great he told me today his mission is to keep a smile on my face and tbh it's been working... he's been great as i know he's hurting too...

got this beautiful bunch of flowers to help with the smiles too...

Attachments

• flowers.jpg
    flowers.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 22
Awww they're gorgeous, what a lovely thought xx

I'm so sorry hun, and its so much something that can affect you both, my OH was devastated by our mmc, he's far more cautious now. Its an awful thing to go through, its lovely that he's being there and supporting you, its so important. we weren't trying when we got pregnant but the mc made our minds up to consciously try. I hope don't have to go through a procedure in 2 weeks time, and hopefully your body will get back to normal soon and you can ttc again if its what you want :hug:

I'm so sorry hun, and its so much something that can affect you both, my OH was devastated by our mmc, he's far more cautious now. Its an awful thing to go through, its lovely that he's being there and supporting you, its so important. we weren't trying when we got pregnant but the mc made our minds up to consciously try. I hope don't have to go through a procedure in 2 weeks time, and hopefully your body will get back to normal soon and you can ttc again if its what you want :hug:

Thanks hun xxx It was the same with us we weren't trying either but now once I'm given the all clear we're going to be consciously trying as well xxxxx He really is amazing my hubby.. he never ceases to amaze me... xx

Hi hun,

I had 3 losses last year and my first one sounds quite similar.

I had spotting from about 6w, although I went straight to the EPU and was a threatended miscarriage.... It took 3 weeks, 8 scans and a lot of tears and worry for the miscarriage to actually occur.

There are no words that can make you feel better, you just need to take some time and grieve.

I sadly went on to have two more losses BUT despite that I have always kept the faith.

Our first was unplanned as well...

Be kind to yourself - make sure you eat and drink! If you don't feel up to work don't go (I found it took my mind off things though!)

Rest, distract yourself and try not to dwell on things.

As awful as having a miscarriage is chances are when you feel ready to try again you will go on to have a happy and healthy pregnancy...

I am so sorry you are going through this though and I send you lots of love

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Take care hun, I hope you don't have to have anything taken away by the doctors, and that everything happens naturally. We're all here for you :hugs: xxx

Im really sorry for your loss! Take care of you and your other half. Feeling numb us quite normal! Take your time to grieve!

So sorry to read this. Give yourself time and spend as much time with OH as possible, you can get through this together x

Sorry for your loss sweetie :hugs:

Its wonderful hubby is being so supportive, you need each other right now.

Take care lovely.xxx

Thanks everyone.... I'm going to try going back to work tomorrow, my boss knows and she's been great.... so she'll understand if i have to walk out the office if i'm feeling emotional...

Hubby is a star and has been great today as he always is... i know he's hurting too but he's just intent on making sure i'm ok bless him xxxx

Thank you all for your support xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i am so so sorry for your loss lovely :hugs: take care of urself and u have an amazing hubby there bless him and ur flowers are gawjus xxxxxx

Sounds like you have a great hubby, so sorry for your loss hope everything works out for you.

Xx

Yesterday I had it confirmed that i've miscarried and lost my little bean.

I had pretty much told myself this was the case before I'd even had the scan confirming it. I just knew... after all the 2 weeks of spotting starting off with a bright red little clot and then passing the big brown clot a week ago today... i knew something wasn't right so when i got the negative pregnancy test on Thursday i knew i'd lost my bean...

Devastated is an understatement even though it wasn't planned hubby and I were over the moon now i just feel numb.....

I have to go back to the hospital in 2 weeks to have another scan to see if i've passed everything.. if not then i'll have to have it removed by the dr....

Not really sure how to feel... i'm gutted and sad but at the same time i'd rather it happened earlier than later...

:hugs: this is such a hard and heartbreaking time hun big big hugs glad your work are understanding my work were amazing even sent me flowers when i was off work after!

it does get easier ( althought i hated people saying that when i MC ) it really is true hunny xx

I'm so sorry. Sending love and hugs to you and your husband xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hope you are coping ok back at work. Make sure you take more time if you find you need it.
My OH was amazing too, but I also found it was important to send him out. I asked his mates who knew to take him to the pub and he needed that too. I felt that he knew i'd recognised his pain and need to talk too, his pain not just at the mmc, but also at seeing me so upset and hurt. He found that really hard.

Hi just a wee update for you all, I've been back at work since the Monday after I found out so only 1 day off from it all... work have been a mix of great and assholes... see my other thread re HR issues....

Well it's this Friday I have to go back to the EPU for a scan to see if everything is gone and if not then the doc would have to remove it.... well today as if by magic i've started bleeding again.... i've honestly never been so happy in my life... they said the empty sac was still there so i'm hoping this is it starting to come away... hopefully by the time i go back on Friday it'll either all be gone or mostly on it's own way out so the doc won't have to do anything.... fx anyway xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back