February 2021 mummies!

Hello......how is everyone doing?
So since yesterday i have been salivating and spitting alot...its so uncomfortable and tiresome to be up and down to the bathroom to take it out.

Any idea how i can stop or reduce it?? I never salivated with my other 2.

Extra saliva is just part and parcel. See if chewing gum helps you. Xx
@LJD I’ve been really emotional too, you’re right it’s on account of hormones - not that it helps to know that really. I have been especially experiencing that over the last couple of days, just cry for no reason.
Thought I was getting over the sickness, last couple days seemed ok. Today it’s come back with a vengeance. I’ve had to abandon my clinic and I’ve been sick several times now l, I’ve been eating but i think it’s all come back up.
I’ve definitely got bloat, some days it looks like a bump forming, other days just makes me look fat lol. My scan NHS scan is 12th August, 2 day’s before my birthday :)

Reactions: LJD
Extra saliva is just part and parcel. See if chewing gum helps you. Xx
@LJD I’ve been really emotional too, you’re right it’s on account of hormones - not that it helps to know that really. I have been especially experiencing that over the last couple of days, just cry for no reason.
Thought I was getting over the sickness, last couple days seemed ok. Today it’s come back with a vengeance. I’ve had to abandon my clinic and I’ve been sick several times now l, I’ve been eating but i think it’s all come back up.
I’ve definitely got bloat, some days it looks like a bump forming, other days just makes me look fat lol. My scan NHS scan is 12th August, 2 day’s before my birthday :)
I’m so glad that you said that and it’s not just me... I’ve been an emotional wreck!
I'm the exact same with bloat / bump - some days I think there’s something forming and the day after I get up and nothing... I feel like this stage in particular is a bit of a head mess up! It’s like the awkward time on the run up to knowing things are ok at the 12 week scan isn’t it.
The sickness doesn’t sound good... although I’ve been feeling since my sickness went... “am I even pregnant?” Such a rollercoaster!! Haha! Xx

Hi all,

I'm new to all of this and nervous. Feels strange actually talking about it as no one knows and we haven't told anyone. I'm 10+3 today and due Feb 8th 21. Hope everyone is well. Reading the comment about feeling like there's a bump and the next morning feeling nothing is exactly how I feel. My head is all over the place, first pregnancy, took almost a year and I feel constantly paranoid and an emotional wreck. We are having a private scan tomorrow and the wait is killing me. Definitely a rollercoaster.

Hi all,

I'm new to all of this and nervous. Feels strange actually talking about it as no one knows and we haven't told anyone. I'm 10+3 today and due Feb 8th 21. Hope everyone is well. Reading the comment about feeling like there's a bump and the next morning feeling nothing is exactly how I feel. My head is all over the place, first pregnancy, took almost a year and I feel constantly paranoid and an emotional wreck. We are having a private scan tomorrow and the wait is killing me. Definitely a rollercoaster.
Welcome ZeeZee
First trimester is most definitely a rollercoaster! Hoping that your scan goes well for you tomorrow and you get a nice clear picture of little one x x

Hi all,

Good luck for the scan... can’t wait to see a picture and congrats! Helps to know there’s people in the same boat doesn’t it?! Xx

Wow my god this pregnancy has hit me hard. Previous pregnancies I have sailed through the first trimester. This one is certainly taking its toll. This little squidgy doesn't like cheese as everytime I eat it it goes straight through me. Have been feeling really rough this last week the to top it off along comes migraine this morning. Fingers crossed will feel better soon.

I'm 11 weeks today. :dance: The nausea is real. When I wake up my tummy is nice but during the day it gets huge.

I cried today cause I couldn't find a free parking space and cause it was too hot out. :confused: I feel like all my clothes feel and look terrible on. I'm scared to go on a scale.

Is it true that the scan looks clearer if you've kept yourself well hydrated? I have my very first scan next thursday. I wish to see a nice clear picture of our little baby <3<3

Foods I've been craving: oranges, oranges and oranges. But right now I'm baking cinnamon rolls ;)

Any of you have a feeling if you're having a boy or a girl? I think for couple of days I've had a feeling I might have a boy in my belly :think: But the feeling might change. :D

I'm 11 weeks today. :dance: The nausea is real. When I wake up my tummy is nice but during the day it gets huge.

I cried today cause I couldn't find a free parking space and cause it was too hot out. :confused: I feel like all my clothes feel and look terrible on. I'm scared to go on a scale.

Is it true that the scan looks clearer if you've kept yourself well hydrated? I have my very first scan next thursday. I wish to see a nice clear picture of our little baby <3<3

Foods I've been craving: oranges, oranges and oranges. But right now I'm baking cinnamon rolls ;)

Any of you have a feeling if you're having a boy or a girl? I think for couple of days I've had a feeling I might have a boy in my belly :think: But the feeling might change. :D
I have a strong feeling that we are having a girl this time....maybe because we have 2 boys already and we are hoping for a princess, but also this pregnancy is some how different from the other 2.

I'm 8+1 today. The tiredness is a killer! And I had to make pasta with tomato sauce and parmesan at midnight because I couldn't get to sleep I was so tired! And I was super full after my dinner too! Definitely feeling the bloat post big meals. I have a bit of a podge already because of my previous abdo surgeries x 3... so I always look about 4 months pregnant. No idea when I'll really believe it's baby!

Boobs have started hurting a lot more again too! Super thirsty. Hunger comes on quick.

Booked in for Nifty in just over 2 weeks.

Make sure you drink alot before your scan as that's how they get the clearer pictures. My paper work tells me how to much to drink before hand. I'm hoping this kne is a girl as have 2 boys already and oldest one is desperate for a sister. Plus this pregnancy is soooo different from previous but who knows.

With the scan the drinking theory is about the bladder pushing the uterus upwards, and so getting a clear image of the baby (the bladder sits underneath the uterus). So drinking about 500ml 30 minutes before scan time should do the trick. Your bladder shouldn’t be painfully full tho.

so...... today I managed to listen to babes heartbeat. I was bored and feeling sick and decided I’d try seeing as I’m doing it day in day out. And there it was! About 150bpm. No problem finding it!

I must stress I don’t support the use of home Dopplers. I was using professional equipment and I’m a trained professional in fetal heart auscultation. So there’s my disclaimer :lol:

With the scan the drinking theory is about the bladder pushing the uterus upwards, and so getting a clear image of the baby (the bladder sits underneath the uterus). So drinking about 500ml 30 minutes before scan time should do the trick. Your bladder shouldn’t be painfully full tho.

so...... today I managed to listen to babes heartbeat. I was bored and feeling sick and decided I’d try seeing as I’m doing it day in day out. And there it was! About 150bpm. No problem finding it!

I must stress I don’t support the use of home Dopplers. I was using professional equipment and I’m a trained professional in fetal heart auscultation. So there’s my disclaimer :lol:

Haha! I've been debating doing this too - not as a home user, but as a trained prof. I really want to! Just need a sonicaid.

Good luck for the scan... can’t wait to see a picture and congrats! Helps to know there’s people in the same boat doesn’t it?! Xx

It definitely does. Had my scan and baby is well, measured at 9+2 weeks instead of the 10+3 I thought I was. It was such a relief seeing the little blob not much to see yet but little one was moving and little heart beating. I didn't drink too much before going because my bladder was tiny before pregnancy and worse now haha but they had no problem seeing minus me nervous laughing and she had to press down.

Haha! I've been debating doing this too - not as a home user, but as a trained prof. I really want to! Just need a sonicaid.
I think most midwives to it TBH lol. I know all my friends have.

so I just found out yesterday that one of my close friends is pregnant (we went to uni together and we went to each other’s weddings and etc). She’s around 3 weeks ahead of me. I felt a bit nervous about telling her about my pregnancy as she miscarried last year and had been trying ever since. Pressures off now :lol: xx

so I just found out yesterday that one of my close friends is pregnant (we went to uni together and we went to each other’s weddings and etc). She’s around 3 weeks ahead of me. I felt a bit nervous about telling her about my pregnancy as she miscarried last year and had been trying ever since. Pressures off now :lol: xx
Great news! Is there a risk to using the home Dopplers? I ordered one from eBay just because I’m constantly in denial. If I shouldn’t use it when it comes then I won’t... I wasn’t aware! Xx

Great news! Is there a risk to using the home Dopplers? I ordered one from eBay just because I’m constantly in denial. If I shouldn’t use it when it comes then I won’t... I wasn’t aware! Xx

Hi sorry to threadhop.

The risks of using a home doppler
-you have not been trained to use one. You might be unable to find a heart beat and worry for nothing. Or you could be mislead if you actually find your own and not your baby.
-the equipment your midwife uses is high quality and checked regularly. I worry what you get online will be poor quality and potentially unsafe to use.

I was pretty tempted earlier in my pregnancy to get one because at least I have used ultrasound before. But then I did my own research and decided against it. It is hard sometimes not to have that ready reassurance that bub is doing well in there until you start to feel some regular movement!

Always a relief when you have a friend who has been struggling and you think you have to be another person to break baby news to them and not have to in the end!

Re home dopplers - exactly what EmilyMaria said. Also, when we use the doppler, we are listening for multiple things, not just oh there's a heartbeat. So it's about using the information to assess wellbeing at that exact moment in time. But it also doesn't predict the future. So some women might have concerns about reduced movements for example, use their doppler, hear a heart beat and think oh it's all fine. When really they should be going into their maternity unit. People take things into their own hands and can lead to poor outcomes that could have been avoided.

I have used a home doppler in all 4 of my pregnancies and I have no medical background. In the 1st trimester, I used it as reassurance that baby had a heartbeat, although it can be so tricky to find and cause panic when you can't find it. I was about 12 weeks before I found it this time and as it was my 4th I expected to be able to find it around at 9/10weeks like I have in previous pregnancies, so that caused some anxiety rather than helped me. Later on in pregnancy I have only used it to just listen into the magical heartbeat and never because I was having reduced movements or worried about baby. I went into hospital 7 times in my last pregnancy with reduced movements, even though I could find the heartbeat as I don't know what I'm listening out for to indicate a healthy heartbeat. So there are pros and cons to using one, you just have to weigh up the options.

I don’t really have much to add to what the others have said. I certainly see them do more harm than good in untrained hands, I have friends who have used them for just a bit of fun in their pregnancy but I certainly can’t say it sits easy with me. I have been doing this for 6 years so know exactly what/where I’m looking for. Even for midwives sometimes it’s not easy to find, causing us to break out in a sweat! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back