Farrah Croft born 28.7.10

jellybean

Reaction score
Firstly, I appologise for taking so long to write, but things have been rather hectic and secondly, I would like to thank everyone on here for their advise over the past few months. I dont get to come on here as much as I would like to, but have found it really useful when I have-so thank you guys!

Right, well I started feeling abit 'strange' on the tuesday evening with dull tummy cramps, nothing to shout about really as they were not painful and didnt come or go, but just before bedtime, the cramps went. I then awoke around 4.30am weds for a wee and noticed abit of a mucus plug, I couldnt sleep so came on here for abit of advise and just mooched around for abit. At around 5.15am I went to the toilet again and this time the mucus was abit bloody and the dull cramp had come back. At around 5.45am the cramps kept coming and going, but were not painful at all just abit annoying and i went to the toilet again and this time there was abit of blood, so I woke my OH and told him (at which point he paniked) and he told me to phone my friend to come over to babysit my son whilst we went to the hospital. My friend arrived at 6am and the cramps were getting stronger now and abit uncomfortable. We arrived at the hospital at 6.20am and were given a rather frosty welcome and were taken to the admissons room where I was told to get on the bed for examination. The midwife then left the room and when she got back she snaped at me for not getting on the bed! I explained that I really was in too much pain to get on the bed and would do it when she was ready to examine me. I then said I needed the loo and when I went in there, there was alot of blood and then I felt the need to push so my husband told the midwife to which she snapped that i needed to get on the bed and she would see for herself. I managed to get on the bed and she examined me and then shouted for the needle to break the waters as the baby's head was coming and I was fully dialated!Breaking the waters was the most painful thing and then she shouted at me to hold my knees and push. I explained that I really didnt want to give birth lying on my back and could I please turn onto all fours to which she told me not to be so stupid and that I had no choice but to be on my back. I didnt really have any contractions as such as there was not break in the pain. She shouted again for me to hold my knees and push and then our baby girl was born! The midwife didnt tell us what sex she was or ask us whether we wanted to cut the cord. She cut the cord and thrust my daughter onto me to which I passed her to my OH, the midwife then said that it was the end of her shift and she would get someone to check to see if I needed suturing. Farrah was born at 6.45am and I was left lying on the bed legs akimbo in lots of blood until 8.30am when someone finally came to stitch me up!!
I am really upset at how the birth of our gorgeous little girl was handled and I keep comparing it to my sons birth which was in th U.K and was fantastic, we are just very grateful that it all happened so very quickly and that Farrah is perfect and there were no complications, but I cannot help feeling abit bitter that I ended up having the birth that scared me the most-lying on my back which I shall have nightmares about:shock:!
We are both doing really well though and Farrah is alittle beauty and her brother is being alittle gem with her (for the majority of the time!).x
Oh and she weighed 7lb 11oz and was 11days early!

Congratulations!!! Pics please!!! X what a horrible midwife! I would put in a complaint if I was you! Nobody should be treated like that! She sounds archaic and a right monster! Well done you! Sounds like you did wonderfully despite the awful care! I can't believe they left you in blood! x such a gorgeous name and good weight for 11 days early!! Congrats again honey x x

Congratulations on your new arrival! :love:

Terrible about the old bitch of a midwife - I agree that you should complain, I think I would have told her where to go! :hug:

Beautiful name btw xx

Congratulations, yea i would complain about the care you was given too. what a horrible midwife!

Thanks guys! We have actually just written a letter of complaint to the hospital which I will send tomorrow, She really was horrible and just semed more concerned about finishing her shift and I was an inconvienence to her and the fact that I had Farrah in the admissons room seemed to piss her off too-like that was my choice! I am hoping that Karma comes to bite her in the arse and that if she has children that she has a 6ft midwife delivery her child with hands the size of shovels:lol:!

Jesus! What a total COW!! Definately get that letter sent off!

On the other hand :love: Congratulations on the birth of your little girl!! Xx

congratulations! sorry about the midwife though, sounds like a right old hag!!!!! x

Wow that's a wierd experience! Shame it wasn't what you wanted, think thst would piss a lot of people off! Glad she's ok though and you had a wierd but safe labour. Congratulations! Xx

Wow, you did so well. Shame it had to be spoilt by such a bitch of a MW.

Love your baby's name btw, so pretty. Congratulations to you both x

Huge congrats, shame about the midwife xxx

Congratulations! xxx

Sorry you had a bad experience, but you will forget about it soon enough, now your LO is here xxx

awwwwwwwwwww pics please!!

sorry u had a bad experiance tho!

vongrats hun!! i cant believe the midwife!! makes me bloody glad i never moved to malta when i was pregnant like i planned to tho :lol:

vongrats hun!! i cant believe the midwife!! makes me bloody glad i never moved to malta when i was pregnant like i planned to tho :lol:

Lol I know what you mean! I'm sure we were just very unfortunate with our experience as lots of people have had positive experiences. Really doesnt help having had my first in the U.K though as we are always comparing and it really is totally different!

Thanks everyone for the lovely comments.x

Big Congratulations!! You coped really well and the lady was jus nasty! Loving the name!xo

congrats Jelly Bean - You did great despite the scarey old midwife , def complain and maybee she will get demoted to toilet cleaner or bed maker for a bit, or a spot of retraining!

Can't wait to see pics of your baby X

congratulations, you have chose such a lovely name xxxxx

congratulations hun! me and farrah share the same birthday, hehe. :hug: xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish