My Little Alyssia

Maybe_mummy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Well I was booked in for induction at 37 weeks due to OC. I went into hospital at 11.30 and given a bed I was told they would insert the first pessary and see how that went it was a 24 hours one and then if that was sucessfull if I dialated to 2cm they would take me down to delivery and break my waters. The pessary was inserted at 3pm and I was left to my own devices then apart from a monitorings of baby which were fine. Hubbie was sent home as nothing was doing. I had terrible time getting comfy as I needed more pillows and there werent any spare so didnt sleep at all. At 1am I started getting pains similar to the Braxton Hicks I had been getting I got up and walked up and down the corridors. There were only 2 midwives on duty and unfortunately I must of got the grumpy one. The pains were uite strong but I had been doing the Natal Hypnotherapy which did help with breathing. The said midwife came out and tod me I had to go back to bed as had a big day tomorrow told her about my pains and that i had troube sleepig cos needed something under my bump to which she gave me 2 towels to roll up under my bump.

I got back into bed but now the pains were coming every 4 minutes I tried to sleep but was hopeless and felt better walking around, I went out and told the midwife who asked if they were timed I said yes and she said I would be fine and they obviously werent that bad, I carried on walking up and down, it was now 4am the midwife came to see me and told me I had to go to sleep otherwise I would be stuffed the next day so she took me back to bed and gave me 2 paracetomol and 2 codine tablets and told me they would kick in within half an hour. I told her the pains were more severe and she said I cant be that far along as I wasent acting in enough pain!!! hmmm...... she left I led there and the tablets werent touching the sides I just kept rocking or walking round my cubilce the pains were increasing steadily by 7 am I heard a crack which thought was strange and the pains were massive I went out and said look i thin something is kicking off so she agreed to get the monitor to see told me to go to the loo as would be on it for half an hour I went to the loo the pessary had fallen out and my waters must have gone!

She attached me to the machine and eventially agreed I was contracting I asked if i could call my husband but was told to wait as the dr was going to check me, she arrived and I was told I was 6cm so told to ring OH I heard them on the phone to the delivery suite. Was told to put my pants on but I just couldnt by this time my body was shaking with pain another midwife came to take me through to delivery in the 20 minutes that took she was wheeling me up the corridor and I was saying I need to poo and also saying wheres simon she managed to get me onto the bed and I was saying I need to push she told me to wait whilst she checked Simon came burting through the door , I was so relived she gave me some gas and air and I just couldnt do it or get the hang of it so I threw it on the floor and she told me to push! I had dialted the 10cm in like half an hour, I just clung onto the matress for dear life andjust pushed, We had to try a few postions as it wasent happening but this midwife was brilliant I felt absolutley exhausted and wanted to give up as I was sweating like mad and shaking and my hips were aching, after an hour and half pushing she had to call the dr but said im not giving up on you she put my legs up in stirups and that seemed to do the trick.

By this time my contractions were slowing and just as baby crowned (owch!) I had to wait 2 and half minutes for next contraction to get her head out which I did and her body sort of came with a little push. So after 2 hours of pushing my beautiful little girl Alyssia was born on Friday 10th Feb at 11.04am weiging 6 pounds 5oz.

She was placed on my belly as the umbillical cord was quite short whilst me and hubbie started in awe at her she scored 10 out of ten for colour and her loud cry as she arrived. I was so exhausted/overwhelemed/in love the lot.

I had a second degree tear and a graze which had to be sticthed up but at that poiint really didnt care looking over at my hubbie sat in the corner feeding her and crying with love made everything worth while.

So to me now it was all very quick and the midwife who dealt with me on the ward actually apologised and was shocked that I had got that far but the second midwife who delivered Alyssia I cant praise highly enough.

On reflection her being a bitch probably did me a favour to get on with it and I remember thinking if this is 1 or 2 cm I cant do it to 10 but I was actually 6. So my advice would be keep moving, listen to your body and insist that you are checked its their job after all!!! We were coming home the same day but LO was making some nosie but was checked over and think it was more of a comfort thing.

Sorry its been such a long read but wanted to remember it all.

Aw congratulations!!! You did amazingly well. Xx

Awww... Thanks for sharing! Congratulations! Xx

Congratulations!! You done really well Hun x

Congratulations, you did amazing :) x

Well done!!!!!! Sounds yet again like a hypnobirth story when MW's don't believe you're as far along as you are because you seem too calm! Sounds like you got to 6cm really easily! I bet it's just so wonderful to see hubby holding the baby, I think this will be a sight stuck in my mind forever. Hope to see some pics xxxx

Thanks guys yes she my first she was quick I was so shocked I was in it for the long haul to be honest but she decided to be quick which Im so thankfull for in the end especially as I really really really didnt want a drip! Will post some pics when I can figure out how too LOL XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back