Our lil princess Harlow Taylah <3

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Finally got round to switching the laptop on! Jeez I didn't realise how time consuming being a mummy really is! It doesn't help that we are in the process of moving into a new house too which is really tiring me out.

Anyway, my birth story;

Harlow Taylah Gee was born on the 06/02/12 @ 08:17am. She weighed 6lbs7oz.

Most of you know that I was to be induced on the Saturday 4th Feb, a week and a half early as she was only due on the 12th Feb due to scans showing she was a small baby with not much fluid around her. I had a sweep on the Thursday 2nd Feb which didn't really do much other than make me cramp for a full day but no other movements or signs to indicate labour. So, my induction day came and we went to the hospital first thing in the morning to have my first pessary. The ward was insanely busy and everything was delayed and I was rescheduled to have my pessary late in the afternoon instead. Well in the meantime they checked my BP and it was on the high side and I also ended up with blurred vision so they pushed me first in the queue to have the pessary. 7 hours passed with no difference, then cramping started and I was in quite abit of pain and asked for some painkillers. Was examined but was only 1cm dilated. By the morning time the pains had eased and everything was back to normal again. I then got given a second pessary at 1pm and this took effect pretty much straight away, I started getting massive cramping almost straight away. I was examined 4 hours later but was told I was only 2cm dilated and they couldn't get to break my waters due to the babys head covering the cervix (confused me abit with that), anyway 2 hours later I was really wriggling about in the ward bed during visiting hours and due to the wards being so busy, ther was ALOT of visitors and people staring and kids running about, so one of the lovely midwives came to me and asked if I would like to go into a much cooler single ward so I could get some peace and cope through the pains without all the commotion. I happily accepted but also asked for a meptid as the pains really started to take my breath away. When the meptid kicked in it lasted for about 4 hours and then the pains really kicked in then and I was asking for more or something stronger. A snotty midwife examined me and told me I was only 3cm dilated and if I had a pethidine I couldn't have any more when I am in "established labour", I told her I didn't give a shit as I would just opt for an epidural so to just hit me with the pethidine. She shrugged and did as she was told lol. This did not even touch the pain! I got transferred to the labour ward and had my waters broke, then had an epidural as I was really not coping well with the contractions, they where intense but irregular according to the monitor I was on, but I felt them when the monitor wasn't even picking them up, I figured they must have been more in my back or something? Anyhow, I relaxed abit more with the epidural and the labouring midwife kept leaving the room to go and labour another women in the room next door, we was actually sharing a midwife! I started to get the strongest almighty urge to push, I told OH to push the emergency button as I couldn't help it and really needed to push, a different midwife came in the room and told me that I was only 3cm dilated an hour ago so there is no way I am ready and to just fight the urge to push. She then left the room............ I again was left on my own fighting the urge to push, this I have to add, was absolutely IMPOSSIBLE, so I just thought fuck it, I am pushing, I started to push and screamed at OH to push the emergency button AGAIN, my labouring midwife came back in and got the shock of her life lol, she ran over and I was screaming at her that I need to push and I am not stopping, she told me I was right to push and she could see babies head. I pushed in total for 15 minutes and my beautiful little princess was born and put straight on skin to skin. I didn't need any stitches but did graze a little bit. The midwife told me she wasn't going to put a stitch in as it was so little and to just keep the wound clean.

So in total, I laboured for 4 hours and pushed for 15 minutes! The midwife who fobbed me of the first time by saying I was only 3cm dilated and ther is no way I was ready came over and apologised to me and said because I was a first time mum she didn't think I would be ready so quickly. Proof was in the pudding love lol!

We are all home now and trying to get into a routine in the midst of moving out which is proving hard work but we will manage. Our lil princess is worth it.

My OH was amazing throughout the whole experience and was an absolute saint in the hospital. Could not have done it without him.

Will attach some pictures in 2 mins xxx

When she was 10 minutes old, bless her she already knows how to pull funny faces lol;
56a06841-d5b6-0b98.jpg

56a06841-d488-dc7d.jpg
56a06841-d499-d443.jpg
56a06841-d4ac-f1ff.jpg
56a06841-d4be-5453.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations, shes a beauty :) x

aw congratulations!!! shes gorgeous!!!

Wowzers, what a great story! And beautiful little lady! Shows that inductions can happen quite quickly sometimes! xx

Awww she's gorgeous Lou! Can't believe she's here already, feels like yesterday you were questioning whether you just had another evap which obviously turned out to be BFP lol.

Congratulations! :D

:love: :love:

x x

She's beautifull, congratulations Hun xx

Awww.... She is so beautiful!! Massive congrats! :) xx

She's beautiful, congrats hun xx

She is so beautiful Louise congratulations and well done I can't wait til my little man is here now i can't wait xxxx

Congrats Louise! She is just absolutely beautiful and perfect! What an amazing story!

Well done, huge congrats :love: she's just perfect x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back