? Empty sac

Mrsbee

Reaction score
So today I had my private scan, I thought I was 6 plus 6 after all ready being put back 4 days. However I realise now my I've been saying the wrong date for my LMP it was the 25th not the 21st. Anyway I had a scan on the 7th and she thought I was probably 5+6 you could see the gestational sac and the yolk sac. Today 6 days after my other scan I thought I was 6 plus 4-5, but again she said I less than 6 weeks. And this time a yolk couldn't be seen...but she tried abdominal but couldn't see much so she did internal and she did say "I thought I saw something at the other angle and this angle is very dofficult to see anything"
I've got a NHS rescan on the 18th but now I'm convinced it's a blighted ovum :(

Anyone had experience of this?

With my last pregnancy I went for a scan at what should have been 8+4.

They could see a gestational sac and a yolk sac but embryo was inconclusive and see says I was around 6 weeks.

I had, had a mmc and passed the pregnancy naturally 11 days later.

Hospital wouldn't take any action to remove the pregnancy without a rescan after 14 days. The babies are so very tiny at this stage that it can be hard to tell sometimes. They did say they've been caught out before, thinking that a pregnancy was non on going and then when they rescan 2 weeks later- bam, baby, heartbeat etc!

I really hope it's not the worst for you hun and fingers crossed you get good news at your next scan.

XX

Sorry to hear that Emily :(

I don't know if I'm honest I don't know why I could see a yolk sac a week and not today or whether it was there and she just couldn't get the angle right I've no idea.

I don't really "feel" pregnant to be honest I never really have. I have sore boobs and I pee a lot but that's kind of it. If I'm honest today has been horrid I've spent most of it crying but I'm prepared for the worst now. Hopefully it won't be but I doubt at this stage it will be good news xx

This is just the worst hun, you really have my sympathy.

I knew for sure that I had lost my baby. There was just too much discrepancy between my dates and the scan. I knew it was over but just had to wait for scan to confirm/ natural mc in the meantime. It was pure torture.

It's only been 6 days though hun which isn't much time to see any change, especially when you think of how small baby is at the moment. I mean we're talking a matter if millimetres.

I really have everything crossed that you get good news at your scan and that bubba has grown and has a little heartbeat for you.

Big hugs sweetheart, be kind to yourself.

XX

Thank you for your kind words that means a lot :) xx

I had a similar experience to Emily but again I was 11wks when I went for my scan and only a sac was seen so dates 5.5wks a week later a yolk sac was seen but still dated at under 6wks I miscarried a few days later.

I would say for the stage you are at not to panic just yet as baby is very small and it is so easy to miss things. I would also say if it was a miscarriage then it probably won't be a blighted ovum because this is where the sac grows at the right rate but nothing is seen inside.

Fingers crossed you get to see a little baby at your next scan xx

Thanks Kanga, I've spoke to my mum and one she scolded me for having an early scan and I agree with her, the hospital said wait 10-14 days and I didn't I waited 6 so what the hell did I expect? But she made me see sense in that because my periods were a bit all over the place and I got of my LMP wrong I could be earlier than I thought anyway. I did do a clearblue which is still only saying 2-3 but even that I know I shouldn't have done as I know they as often not right xxx

hey hun, i have my fingers and toes crossed on this one, I had a blighted ovum in september.

I found out after i went for a scan after i'd bled slightly at 10 weeks to be told that i had a 6 week gestational sack which was empty... i then went on to mc naturally a week later. They were confident there was nothing there but still made me go back 2 weeks later to re-scan to see if there was any growth or change... I hope and pray that they did see something as mine was certain! big hugs xox

Hi love, I've just had one however still not confirmed as like Emily said they have to be certain it's not just the baby is too small to pick up on an US.
However I knew I was miscarrying as my symptoms massively reduced a week ago on Monday and on Wednesday morning I had brown discharge start. I'm also 100% my dates were correct so I knew there was nothing there. On Thursday cramping and bleeding started and I passed it over the weekend.
I have a scan tomorrow but for me now it's just to confirm its gone.

I was the same on Wednesday hun I saw the brown CM and I was gutted, I left work and cried all the way home.

I really hope your ok and I'm sending you lots of positive energy. Surely if they initially saw the yolk sac that has to be a good thing. Fingers crossed lovey xxx

I'm so sorry to hear that Tonks. It's a horrible thing to go through and I don't know 100% I'm going through it. I did have pinky blood to brown cm on Monday but they thought that was my ectropion on my cervix. I'm still peeling constantly and my boobs are killing so I honestly don't know. Xxxx

I know this waiting is going be tough for you but really really hope it's good news when you get rescanned xx

The waiting will be pretty brutal, I'm just going to try and kee busy it's only 4 days so hopefully it will go quick xx

So sorry to read this Mrs bee I really hope it turns out to be a false alarm and everything is OK it's still really early as others have said. Take care, big hugs xx

Oh no hun - sending lots of positive thoughts - hopefully it's just a case of it being earlier than you thought and baby wasn't picked up on the scan. Hopefully by the next scan it will be better news xxx

I hope for good news for you.

I have heard of lots of instances were ladies have went at your stage and not seen much to return later and see bub. I have heard it go the other way too.

I must admit when I went through my MC my bloods showed 5-6w but nothing in the womb, of course I had a big bleed but still hoped. I googled lots and found loads of ladies to go between 5-6w and have an empty uterus and return to a sac and fetal pole. It did give me hope seeing so many other positive stories. Youv seen the sac and you have mentioned examination showed no sign of mc so take that as both good signs. If so many ladies had an empty uterus until 5-6w its quite possible bub is just taking its time showing face. I trully hope this is the case.

Please dont stress yourself out, be prepared but hopeful.

Good luck.

xxxx

Last edited:
MrsBee my heart goes out to you hun! I am so very sorry that you are having to go through this. I hope you hear good news the next time you have a scan. Sending prayers and positive vibes your way.

Thank you ladies I'm so very grateful for this forum and the support provided on it. I just hope Monday hurries up obviously I want it to be good news but I'm prepared for the worst, it's the not knowing. I'm trying to keep busy but it's not really working xxxx

Ladies I wanted to say thank you so much for your kind words. Scan was today and baby was fine, I'm measuring 7 weeks and 1 day so back to where I sorta thought I was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back