Still in limbo UPDATED

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Last Friday I had a scan at the EPU at 5+3 and there was only a gestational sac. I was due to be rescanned on 21st at the EPU but couldn't handle the wait and booked a private scan. I went on Tuesday and the sonographer saw a yolk sac and tiny fetal pole so I was reassured that it wasn't ectopic or a blighted ovum.

However, as there was no heartbeat she asked me to go back on Sunday for a rescan but I couldn't make Sunday so went back today at 6+3 and although the fetal pole had grown, still no hb :( The sonographer wasn't worried and asked me to go back on Monday to check for hb. She was sure we'd see a hb on Monday but if it's not visible then, it doesn't look like this pregnancy is going to be viable.

So, I'm still in limbo and so worried. Just want Monday to come around so I can know for sure.

Last edited:
Maybe are still slightly out with ur dates, and it's a little early to see a heartbeat yet. U are having normal growth so far so I wouldn't worry to much yet. If the sonographer isn't worried I would take it as a good sign :) Hopefully on Monday u will see a heartbeat and will be able to relax a bit, stay positive hun :hugs: xx

Sorry your going through this Hun, hope its good news monday xx

really hope its good news for you! ive got everything crossed hun. could just be a bit too early, especially if your dates could be a bit wrong xxxxxx

fx it all goes right and try and relax as best you can over the weekend x

I'd say it's a brilliant sign that there is still continuous growth. As the other girls said it could just be a few days behind. You may not even see the heartbeat until just under 7 weeks!

I think you can relax a bit for now, the worry won't be doing you any good xx

*Fingers crossed* for a heartbeat on Monday - you're probably just out a little with your dates? It's really early still, so try not to worry too much and relax (I know it's hard, but its better for baby!) Good luck for your scan huni

Babies are very good at hiding you know, they snuggle down somewhere nice and warm and the hb's not always visible early on. Try to relax and hope all goes well monday xxxxxxxxx

Honey, my midwife just booked me an early scan for the 28th just to put my mind at rest, and she said there is absolutely no point in scanning before 7 weeks as often the hb isn't visible before then, and she said why cause all that worry when everything is just fine.
So I will be about 7 + 2 or 3 I think when I go. Please try not to worry, it's perfectly normal not to be able to see a hb until after 7 weeks, and remember, every woman and every pregnancy is different and progresses differently. I'm sure you will be just fine!

Oh sweetie that must just be horrible!

Best of luck for Monday, sound positive if there is growth though x

Soooo much good luck for your appointment on Monday- I hope that it all goes well. I think tomorrow should defo be a chocolate and chill out day for you! Xxxx

Thanks everyone - 2.5 hrs till my appt. So nervous. I'm preparing myself for the worst so any good news will be a bonus.

Hope everything goes well, will be thinking of you this morning xxx

Hope everything is ok hunny, I'll be thinking of you xxx

Good luck this morning - Im sure all will be ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back