Elective c-section, Experience or advice??

sophs85

Reaction score
posted this in pregnancy chat too but need advice x

I have a condition in my legs, Hip dysplasia and patella tracking disorder. basically my joints can pop out of joint if I turn or move in the wrong position (yes VERY painful) my consultant said they might think about refuring me for an elective c-section as I would not be able to be in stirrups or have my legs pulled back because of my joints.

The thought of a c-section has never crossed my mind and now it has been offered I'm a bit worried if I have one I will feel like a complete failure because I would't have experienced labour.And also I'm not sure what's more scary? the thought of Labour and child birth or a c-section???

anyone else had this to deal with?? xxx

Hey hun

I had to have an emergency section with my son after a long, horrendous labour.

I almost pushed him out but he was so wedged, he had to be pulled back up the other way... I felt like a failure... even though I'd almost done it...

When I was pregnant with my daughter I so wanted a vbac, right up until the last few weeks of pregnancy I believed this would still happen, but then they were worried about my fluid levels, size of baby and whether baby was retaining fluid so I had to have an elective section.

I felt like a failure again, even more so because this is our last baby and I know I will never get to experience what it is like to push a baby into the world... but she is 4 weeks old now and my hormones are settling down and I now know, like I did after having my son, that I am not a failure. I made the right choice to get my baby here safe n sound and that is the most important thing.

There is no point risking your health as your health is paramount to baby's.

I did find the whole experience quite bad, but that's probably because I am a wimp lol

I am gutted that I will never get to labour naturally, but I look at my babies and I know that it's all ok.

You have to do what is right for LO at the end of the day and labour is stressful enough without adding anything extra into the mix.

Doctors would rather woman have as natural a birth as psssible, so honestly if they recommend a section it is because they really believe this is the best option.

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back