c section

It was honestly awful x my waters went by themselves and they just put me on the drip...wasn't even given a choice, was just told!

Next time, unless something is wrong I'm going for VBAC xx

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

I'd never choose to have a c-section!! Its my worst nightmare..

At the end of the day, yes its upto the mother, but the doctor has the final say... Just because you refuse to give birth naturally doesn't mean they will give you a c section.

It made me cringe watching OBEM, when the mum who was having twins elected to have a c-section, becuase all the celebs do it and they're all dead thin... such a good reason to have one.

I wouldnt choose to have c section unless for good reason, i am petrified but if you need to have one for your babys health and safety then thats the priority. i am petrified of sectiopn but due to breech baby its possible i will have one as long as my Lo is safe and healthy i dont care.

The reason I want an elective (or pre planned) c-section is that there is not one case I can find of someone with my condition going full term OR delivering naturally. My body (because of condition) wont cope with labour and I'm a total control freak. My choices are, go into labour, potentially get into a right state and end up out of control having an emergency section then needing a LONG time to recover from section plus illness induced by labour, therefore being traumatised as well as ill and not being the best mum I can be after birth. Or I can push for an elective c-section, not get into a state, not trigger off an episode of illness and be calm and there for my baby after birth. I've had 4 lots of major abdominal surgery, so I know what to expect and what my limitations will be afterwards, I don't need stress and illness added to it!

We know it's going to be hard to get it all confirmed before hand, we would have gone private but I can't risk having an episode and not having the expertise of the NHS at the tips of my fingers.

At the end of the day the guidelines are clear, you don't have to have anything you don't want to, if you dont want a c-section you don't have to have one, if you want a c-section (most people who do aren't idiots and do have a reason), then you can push for it.

The reason I want an elective (or pre planned) c-section is that there is not one case I can find of someone with my condition going full term OR delivering naturally. My body (because of condition) wont cope with labour and I'm a total control freak. My choices are, go into labour, potentially get into a right state and end up out of control having an emergency section then needing a LONG time to recover from section plus illness induced by labour, therefore being traumatised as well as ill and not being the best mum I can be after birth. Or I can push for an elective c-section, not get into a state, not trigger off an episode of illness and be calm and there for my baby after birth. I've had 4 lots of major abdominal surgery, so I know what to expect and what my limitations will be afterwards, I don't need stress and illness added to it!

We know it's going to be hard to get it all confirmed before hand, we would have gone private but I can't risk having an episode and not having the expertise of the NHS at the tips of my fingers.

At the end of the day the guidelines are clear, you don't have to have anything you don't want to, if you dont want a c-section you don't have to have one, if you want a c-section (most people who do aren't idiots and do have a reason), then you can push for it.

its not that easy if you dont want one dont have one...well if your putting your child at risk it would be selfish to not have one just cos you dont want one. if you want your baby to be healthy ande safe you will have section if need be want it or not. i wouldnt ever put what i want or dont want before my babys safety if having normal birth was risky.

I was totally scared and pretty much told if I didn't go into be induced I'd be at risk of still birth :shock: apparently diabetes ( which I didn't have) can increase the risk....I was then told I was getting the drip, and you don't question it, you really don't. I was so scared I just did as I was told...looking back I realise they were very busy, and I had seen several different consultants, I wouldn't be surprised if I was just being hurried along

its not that easy if you dont want one dont have one...well if your putting your child at risk it would be selfish to not have one just cos you dont want one. if you want your baby to be healthy ande safe you will have section if need be want it or not. i wouldnt ever put what i want or dont want before my babys safety if having normal birth was risky.

LOTS of women are safe to have VBAC yet they get pushed or bullied into c-section which are not needed. If you don't want a c-section you have every right to the FULL information, the full list of possibilities and risks and all the stats appropriate and YOU make the decision from there. I'd never advocate putting a bubba at risk, that's not the point. The point is that if you need a c-section the doctor should be talking you into one with facts, figures and experience and not just telling you your having one and to lump it.

That's unfortunately the attitude I've been facing. "you've had 2c sections? No way will you be allowed to go natural"
It's not very nice cause I'll spend the whole of tri 3 in a state as it terrifies me that much xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

That's unfortunately the attitude I've been facing. "you've had 2c sections? No way will you be allowed to go natural"
It's not very nice cause I'll spend the whole of tri 3 in a state as it terrifies me that much xx

This is exactly what I'm talking about, and your only 9 weeks gone. They've terrified you into something far to early on to make a safety call and they haven't provided you with facts. This contravenes NICE guidelines. You have every right to an appointment to sit downand discss this fully, with all options, all possible complications and reasons and they should put a case to you as to why you need a c-section you don't want. It's ultimately your decision x

if thats the way it has to be with my first child i didnt want assisted delivery with forceps but had to have them i felt so bad i thought they were hurting him its brutal but if you know lo is going to be ok you do whats necessary for them

I didnt want forceps either, I was dead against them. But I was told I needed them or I was going to lose my baby. I chose the forceps.
Its awful to watch a forceps delivery. I fully believe me and AJ would have recovered better should we have had the c-section I was told I was going to need in the first place.

A pre-planned c-section, Dr (for medical reason) or mothers choice is an elective c-section. Is how it is worded at my hospital trust.

There's no medical reasoning for mine which pisses me right off! My first was at 33 weeks due to pre eclampsia, my second was at 41+2 because my DS was small and he wasn't engaged and basically I showed no signs of labouring (crap reasons) but this baby isn't getting a chance. Everyone keeps telling me I should be grateful as I'll know exactly when baby is coming but really that kinda ruins my fun. Plus I've never managed to breastfeed because of the c sections and had to express my milk nd be without my children in the first few precious hours of their lives! And I have to spend 3days in hospital away from my children who I rarely ever spend a night away from never mind 3!!! Grrr!
Ok I need to chill out cause Im stressing myself just thinking about it xx

There's no medical reasoning for mine which pisses me right off! My first was at 33 weeks due to pre eclampsia, my second was at 41+2 because my DS was small and he wasn't engaged and basically I showed no signs of labouring (crap reasons) but this baby isn't getting a chance. Everyone keeps telling me I should be grateful as I'll know exactly when baby is coming but really that kinda ruins my fun. Plus I've never managed to breastfeed because of the c sections and had to express my milk nd be without my children in the first few precious hours of their lives! And I have to spend 3days in hospital away from my children who I rarely ever spend a night away from never mind 3!!! Grrr!
Ok I need to chill out cause Im stressing myself just thinking about it xx

Really sorry to hear thus Hun x
You can go ack to your doctor and request a second opinion, or put your foot down. They can't make you x

Im going to wait till my consultant appointment at 16 weeks. Im hoping it's the same one as last time as he used to tell my bump "out the boot, not the sunroof please" :rofl:
If they give me a good reason that medically it would be safest for me and my baby to have a section then I will of course. Id just prefer not to lol xx

Im going to wait till my consultant appointment at 16 weeks. Im hoping it's the same one as last time as he used to tell my bump "out the boot, not the sunroof please" :rofl:
If they give me a good reason that medically it would be safest for me and my baby to have a section then I will of course. Id just prefer not to lol xx

Hope you get the consultant you want :) and he supports your vbac. x

Thanks charliebear :)
Imagine I went for a vbac then went into labour and started begging them for a csection ha ha xx

lol were all allowed to change our minds!

Labour would be a bit late to change your mind though. x

I think that do a special ultrasound to check the scar tissue from your previous sections xx you should ask your consultant x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think that do a special ultrasound to check the scar tissue from your previous sections xx you should ask your consultant x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ooh really? I'll have to look into that! I just know that if I have a c section this time I'll probably never get a natural birth and that's pretty disappointing. I'll deffo ask though, thank you xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back