Due in September

Everyone has been very quiet today!

I had the worst morning with a double glazing salesman hard sell was an understatement. So frustrating because the guy just ended up wasting over 2 hours of my time because he wouldn’t even quote me in the end because I wouldn’t sit for another hour and a half (needed to take one of my children to nursery) and tell him the exact fittings I wanted on my hypothetical windows. I refuse to believe he couldn’t give me a ballpark figure. Anyway boring story but needless to say I wouldn’t be using them after my experience today and I went for a well earned nap afterwards while my youngest was napping and the other two were at school/nursery!

hoping my pregnancy tests turn up tomorrow as they didn’t today!

upload_2020-1-9_0-11-13.jpeg upload_2020-1-9_0-11-13.png

Morning girls how is everyone this morning? I feel good today. Nausea is at bay so far. Chattychar u must be at the 6 week mark are you? Things will be maybe start to ramp up for us all then symptoms wise when we get to that point but then we are all so different so who knows. Im hoping it does for me for the reassurance.. I was never one for full on symptoms with my first little girl who I lost I didnt know in was pregnant till about 10 weeks gone. Back in the day my periods were absent for months on end.

Morning girls how is everyone this morning? I feel good today. Nausea is at bay so far. Chattychar u must be at the 6 week mark are you? Things will be maybe start to ramp up for us all then symptoms wise when we get to that point but then we are all so different so who knows. Im hoping it does for me for the reassurance.. I was never one for full on symptoms with my first little girl who I lost I didnt know in was pregnant till about 10 weeks gone. Back in the day my periods were absent for months on end.

I am 6 weeks today.
Panicked this morning when i felt my boobs and they wasn't as sore as they have been, but they are slightly sore again now. lumpy an bumpy too which i think is a good sign. Little waves of nausea but nothing major. I am just worrying so much right now, i was expecting to have my head down the toilet and i wish i did tbh so i knew everything was progressing.

I cooked my favourite dinner last night, salmon veg and sweet potato. As soon as i sat down to eat it i got a wooft of the salmon and it was really strong and instantly put me off it. I ended up eating the sweet potato only as the veg didnt seem appetising either. xx

Yayyy ur half way there. We can l do this:cheer:
My boobs still havent been sore. I dont think I will get sore boobs at all. They still feel fuller.
Yes same with the nausea. Sometime I have it then I'm fine again. I do feel however more hungry at times.

I'm off today. The kids in the whole school are off to a pantomime. My daughter is going but I'm going to pick my son up from school shortly. He isnt going due to his allergies. I dont feel like its good idea for him to be so far away and not be home till 5.30 with other kids eating things that may be a danger for him. So instead me and him are off to the cinema and il treat him to McD's. He can only have the fries out off it though but still loves it.

Yayyy ur half way there. We can l do this:cheer:
My boobs still havent been sore. I dont think I will get sore boobs at all. They still feel fuller.
Yes same with the nausea. Sometime I have it then I'm fine again. I do feel however more hungry at times.

I'm off today. The kids in the whole school are off to a pantomime. My daughter is going but I'm going to pick my son up from school shortly. He isnt going due to his allergies. I dont feel like its good idea for him to be so far away and not be home till 5.30 with other kids eating things that may be a danger for him. So instead me and him are off to the cinema and il treat him to McD's. He can only have the fries out off it though but still loves it.
Half way there and its going so god man slow. Still another 2 weeks until the scan. I should have booked it for 6 weeks but i didn't want to chance not seeing anything then i would have been stressed even more.
Do you get hunger pains?
Arrr i don't blame you for not wanting your son to go on the pantomime trip. He will have a lovely day with his mummy. Cinema and McD's sounds like a perfect day to me. What are you going to see? xx

Yea I get those hunger pains sometimes but I only need to have a small snack of bite off something and I feel ok again.
We are off to see Frozen 2. He actually minds watching the first one when he was smaller like 2 or 3 and it made him cry when Anna thought Elsa was dead. Hes such a sensitive little boy <3

Yea I get those hunger pains sometimes but I only need to have a small snack of bite off something and I feel ok again.
We are off to see Frozen 2. He actually minds watching the first one when he was smaller like 2 or 3 and it made him cry when Anna thought Elsa was dead. Hes such a sensitive little boy <3
That's the same as me. I carry ginger biscuit and cashew nuts around with me haha! I haven't seen Frozen 2 yet, think i will wait until it comes on DVD and have a movie night with my neice and nephew. They get bored in the cinema haha.
Arrrr your little boy sounds so adorable <3 xx

Edit - i feel like i am losing the plot and my mind is telling me to go and buy a test in my lunch break. Why do i feel like this :( i wish i could just enjoy it. xx

That's the same as me. I carry ginger biscuit and cashew nuts around with me haha! I haven't seen Frozen 2 yet, think i will wait until it comes on DVD and have a movie night with my neice and nephew. They get bored in the cinema haha.

Edit - i feel like i am losing the plot and my mind is telling me to go and buy a test in my lunch break. Why do i feel like this :( i wish i could just enjoy it. xx

Sorry for thread hopping but just wanted to offer some words of reassurance. It's absolutely normal to feel how you do at this point. You've waited a long time for this and you've mentally prepared yourself that this won't happen naturally for you so it will take a while to sink in and that's ok.

It won't feel like it now but a scan at 8 weeks is a really good balance in terms of managing your anxiety as you have been tracking your cycles somewhat so by 8 weeks there will definitely be something to see. 6 week scans can do far more harm than good as there's so little to see and being a few days out with your dates could mean seeing nothing and you being beside yourself with worry.

As for symptoms, lots of women have lots of different symptoms and there's a massive range of normal. Just to give you a flip side, you can have a healthy pregnancy and be well. I was one of the lucky ones for sure. I was never sick, barely even nauseous in Tri 1. Tiredness was the only thing. I took ages to show despite being a very petite frame. No swollen ankles. Didn't even get up in the night to pee until around 36 weeks. After I was over the tiredness in Tri 1, I had loads of energy right up until labour even though we were past due date. I'm probably one of the very few that wasn't begging for an induction by that point!

Looking back I had an amazing pregnancy. My biggest regret - not enjoying it more and realising how lucky I was especially in the early days. I really hope it's the same for you.

Sorry for thread hopping but just wanted to offer some words of reassurance. It's absolutely normal to feel how you do at this point. You've waited a long time for this and you've mentally prepared yourself that this won't happen naturally for you so it will take a while to sink in and that's ok.

It won't feel like it now but a scan at 8 weeks is a really good balance in terms of managing your anxiety as you have been tracking your cycles somewhat so by 8 weeks there will definitely be something to see. 6 week scans can do far more harm than good as there's so little to see and being a few days out with your dates could mean seeing nothing and you being beside yourself with worry.

As for symptoms, lots of women have lots of different symptoms and there's a massive range of normal. Just to give you a flip side, you can have a healthy pregnancy and be well. I was one of the lucky ones for sure. I was never sick, barely even nauseous in Tri 1. Tiredness was the only thing. I took ages to show despite being a very petite frame. No swollen ankles. Didn't even get up in the night to pee until around 36 weeks. After I was over the tiredness in Tri 1, I had loads of energy right up until labour even though we were past due date. I'm probably one of the very few that wasn't begging for an induction by that point!

Looking back I had an amazing pregnancy. My biggest regret - not enjoying it more and realising how lucky I was especially in the early days. I really hope it's the same for you.
Thank you so much for your reassuring words Moomin. That has settled me a little bit (for now haha)
I am like a walking mess at the moment. But i really want to enjoy this journey so i am going to try my hardest too.
I have been waiting since the beginning of the week to get to today (6 weeks) only 16 days to go until the scan :wall: haha xx

Step away from these tests lady!!!

Uve had ur 3+ already. Theres no need to pee on anymore ull get to the point of the hook effect and ur lines begin to get lighter and then u will cause urself even more stress.
MoomingGirl is right. Ur pregnant and uve got symptoms we all just need our bodies to do what it needs to do now. I'm going to try to really enjoy it even though it is very long hard tri.

I’m a little further behind you guys so for my own mental need to test I have just got my 2-3 on a digi and obviously a blazing line on a cheap stick. This makes me happy as I’ve been very crampy today and until I’m past the point I miscarried twice in 2013 I won’t feel ‘safe’. But with them I never got a 2-3 so at least I have that positive sign!

38A0AC42-D980-4F7E-9C7C-F631AD0D8849.jpeg

That's great Rose. I do love to see them go up week by week.
For me my mmc my baby didnt grow much after 6+4 so if I can reach 8 weeks that will be my next milestone.
How far along were u when u mc in 2013 x

I’m a little further behind you guys so for my own mental need to test I have just got my 2-3 on a digi and obviously a blazing line on a cheap stick. This makes me happy as I’ve been very crampy today and until I’m past the point I miscarried twice in 2013 I won’t feel ‘safe’. But with them I never got a 2-3 so at least I have that positive sign!

View attachment 89647
Amazing Rose <3 xx

That's great Rose. I do love to see them go up week by week.
For me my mmc my baby didnt grow much after 6+4 so if I can reach 8 weeks that will be my next milestone.
How far along were u when u mc in 2013 x

Both of them were between 5 and 6 weeks, very start of November and then late December. Basically my body just acted as if I’d had a really heavy period and ovulated as normal each time after the second one we actively held off for a month and then after that it took another 4 cycles before I got pregnant with my daughter and I genuinely think that was just stress and grief stopping it - I only got pregnant once I had had a few sessions with a counsellor about it x

That must've been really tough. Having 2 mc. I've had that one in October and it would totally floor me if this one ended the same. Im not mentally prepared for that cos all I'm thinking is positive things right now.

Those off uz have or had sore boobs is it ur breasts or just nipples cos boy they are bit sore tonight. There sticking out. U could hang ur coat on them lol

‘hang your coat off them’
I’ve just had the odd shooting pain to my nipple. I breastfed all 3 of mine and it can be quite painful (eg baby 3 had a tongue tie) so I think my boobs are a bit desensitised to pain but you can’t miss this shooting ones!

My hips are aching really badly this evening but that’s about it x

My nipples are only sore to touch really. Quite sensitive but my boobs hurt more. They sometimes stick out too.
Hope your all ok this morning xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back