Does your OH do night feeds? Massive argument this morning :(

That's brilliant that he's gona do it tonight for you! And that things are a bit better ;) It is good though that he helps so much in the daytime but when he goes back to work he'll not be able to so he really should be open to helping you at nights tbh.

On the rare occasion that my OH has done a night feed, I tend to blooming wake up anyway and even though I try to go back to sleep I just can't until I know that she has settled again. Kinda defeats the purpose of me bitching about lack of sleep and his help :lol:

Defo take your OH up on his offer of help, even if you are awake though, cos even the pressure being taken off you on occasion to do a night feed works wonders. You both will get there hun. It's all just new and chaotic at the mo. :hug: and I'm sure everyone goes through the early stages thinking why on earth did I ever agree to have a baby :lol: x

Last edited:
That's brilliant that he's gona do it tonight for you! And that things are a bit better ;) It is good though that he helps so much in the daytime but when he goes back to work he'll not be able to so he really should be open to helping you at nights tbh.

On the rare occasion that my OH has done a night feed, I tend to blooming wake up anyway and even though I try to go back to sleep I just can't until I know that she has settled again. Kinda defeats the purpose of me bitching about lack of sleep and his help :lol:

Defo take your OH up on his offer of help, even if you are awake though, cos even the pressure being taken off you on occasion to do a night feed works wonders. You both will get there hun. It's all just new and chaotic at the mo. :hug: and I'm sure everyone goes through the early stages thinking why on earth did I ever agree to have a baby :lol: x

yep, u speak a lot of sense! i agree with everything you said. LO has been asleep all evening so far so he will wake up shortly, really hope he goes back down ok for OH otherwise he will stress and i'll probably have to get up during the night to help :roll: xx

thanks girls!

the saturday and sunday alternate lay ins sounds good, only problem is that at the moment my OH is working saturdays doing overtime although hopefully not for too much longer.

i'm really surprised how little some men help out. i mean i know i've moaned about my OH but in the day time i would say he does more than me lol! he cleans the whole flat, prepares bottles, feeds LO, changes his nappies etc, its just night time that's a problem. i'm going to enjoy not getting up tonight though..although it will be the last night he does as he is back to work on wednesday xx

In that case getting up thro the night doesn't sound quite as bad!!

:wink:

I'm probably not going to be popular for saying this but if your OH does most of the looking after during the day they I really don't see what you're complaining about... Seems a fair split to be honest if he does days and you do nights... otherwise if you have him doing nights as well then when will you be looking after LO lol :shock:?!

As for us, my OH doesn't do nights although he does cook and change nappies in the evenings and play with LO to give me some alone time. He is the one bringing all of the money in at the moment though so I think it's fair and I appreciate all the help he gives me. He is also very supportive in general and keeps me going :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back