Does it matter....

Jadie

Reaction score
that Oliver is still not sleeping all night?

I have been trying for weeks to make him sleep all night with no boob, giving him water, leaving him to cry etc. He does go off after a while but wakes up after a hour or so. oes this mean he is hungry in the night still?

If he wakes and i dont feed him I cant get back to sleep, either he is crying or I am waiting for him to wake again.

If I feed him he goes stright back to sleep so i know i am lucky with him. Do you girls think i should just feed him when he wakes? My DH thinks i should feed him in the night. I ahve been dream feeding Oliver about 10.00 but he wakes up the same as he did before.

Sleepy Jadie
:bored:

As long as its just the once then I would be inclined to feed him.
Is he weaned? Is he getting enough solids?

I would try it with a bottle of milk and if he settles then its hunger but if not then you know its boob he is after and thats a comfort thing which might be tricker to deal with.

I would do anything for a sleep right now :wall:

he settles with bottles too when i am away. he has three meals a day but i am trying to get him to havemore at each meal.

Hi

Kiaras been doing this i find she is rarely hungry when she wakes up, i think its just her being waken up by noise i go in and stand next to her and talk ot her till she goes back to sleep.
Katrina

Hiya Jadie

Brody has only recently started sleeping through (at 9 months)
I think the reason behind it was that I started giving him a bottle in the night. I used formula, but I'm sure expressed breast would work too...I always knew he was waking out of habit, not hunger, and getting taken into our bed for a cuddle and a breastfeed would be what he woke up for.

I started not lifting him out of his cot at all, I'd get a bottle and stand next to the cot and give it to him while he was lying down. I literally did this about 4 times and he stopped waking up all together. It seemed like a pain at first, as BF is soooo easy, especially at night, but it was worth it in the long run. He sleeps through all the time now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back