I cant cope with anymore of this!!!!!!

Tiggy26

Reaction score
My LO used to sleep like a dream from 5-9 months, he is now 10 months but for the last 4 weeks he has been waking up every single night about 15-20 times a night!!!! (im not even joking!!) OH and I are up and down like yo-yo's :( :( When he wakes up we would start off just rubbing his tummy gently or his head till he dropped off to sleep again but he would wake up again 20 mins later gaurenteed!! It has got so bad that OH and I give in and take him out of his cot and rock him back to sleep, well, that was short lived, even that doesnt work anymore!!! LO just wont settle untill he comes into bed with us!! OH works and gets up early, the sleepless nights are causing him to make mistakes at work which he cannot afford to do! Im so tired I can barely get the energy to play with LO or even stay awake the next day!!

If I try the Control Crying method it makes him worse, he screams so loud i wonder if our whole street can here. He just stands up holds onto the cotbed and jumps up and down!! Everytime I go back into his room to lay him on his back and encourage him to go back to sleep he just flips himself over again, crawls to the end of the cotbed, stands up and starts jumping!!

He has 3 big meals a day + snacks, around 20oz of milk a day (today i even gave him an extra 5oz bottle mid morning and a night feed at 10.30pm of 8oz) so hes had 33oz of milk today + meals and snacks and its made no difference to his sleep!!!

What am I doing wrong???? Hes not routing for his dummy, hes been rejecting it the last couple of nights. Hes been teething on and off since he was 3 months old and he STILL DOESNT have any teeth (and no im quite sure this is not a "teething stage")

Oh god, im at the end of my teather :x :x Im pregnant again, my back is killing me and im really starting to wonder if me and OH have done the right things having another baby so early, how can I possible look after 2 babies when I cant even get things right with my first LO!!

Im sorry, i just feel so down, so tired, so........crap!!

Help, pleaseeeeeeeee

x

:hug: :hug: :hug:
It may be a growth spurt/ stage he's going through? Maybe some teeth are trying to get through? It might settle after a while? Have you spoken to your HV or local sleep clinic?

loz said:
:hug: :hug: :hug:
It may be a growth spurt/ stage he's going through? Maybe some teeth are trying to get through? It might settle after a while? Have you spoken to your HV or local sleep clinic?

Hi Loz,

I spoke to my HV about this last week, she just said make sure i put him in his cot awake (which i already do) to be honest i dont have the greatest HV in the world.

I know already that there is nothing I can do, this is just something i will have to ride out. I think its all getting to me more than usual because im extra extra tired due to being pregnant. Maybe i was secretly hoping someone would wave a magic wond on pregnacy forum and cast a spell and everythoing would be great and LO would start sleeping :roll:

If its a growth spurt - its a flipping long one!!!! if its teeth, hes been teething since 3 months old, when will it ever happen!?!

xx

Hi Ds was waking about 15 times a night at one point. As soon as I removed his dummy it sorted itself out. Does your lo have a dummy? x

LISAMJS said:
Hi Ds was waking about 15 times a night at one point. As soon as I removed his dummy it sorted itself out. Does your lo have a dummy? x

Hi,

He does have a dummy but hes been rejecting it lately. Hes kinda dropped it all by himself, basically if i try and put it in his mouth he turns his head and keeps his lips tightly shut. I wondered if it was the dummy myself but how can it be if hes not even interested in it anyway?

I really hope this is just a phase.

xx

What you're describing sounds like the nightmare I had in the direct run up to her teeth coming through. She too had symptoms of teething from about 2 months old (drooling, mouthing, red cheeks) but then she started to wake 2-10 times a night about a month ago until eventually her two bottom teeth appeared. I was convinced she was ill or something but as soon as the second one cut, she was back to sleeping better again almost overnight. So it might well be that?

Tiggy26 said:
LISAMJS said:

Hi,

He does have a dummy but hes been rejecting it lately. Hes kinda dropped it all by himself, basically if i try and put it in his mouth he turns his head and keeps his lips tightly shut. I wondered if it was the dummy myself but how can it be if hes not even interested in it anyway?

I really hope this is just a phase.

xx

firstly :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

what you say in this post makes me think its almost definitely teeth hun. James rejects his dummy when he is teething as his mouth is sore and his gums hurt - he wont take a bottle either. I hope it hurries and passes for you babe xxx

:hug: :hug:

Harrison went through that too, hes still waking around 3 & 5 but has settled down. It's probably his teeth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back