Non stop breastfeeding at night!

mermaid

Reaction score
Last night was awful for us as Fin was constantly feeding every hour or so and every time I put him in his cot he cried! I just don't know what to do as he wants to be with me constantly. I'm that tired now I fall asleep with him feeding in my bed and wake up an hour later, at which time he wants more feeding! Please help girls, I am struggling to function in the day with the exhaustion. How can I make him stay in his cot for his own safety?! :cry:

sounds like Jamie lol, all I can suggest is that u keep feeding him cos breastfed babies tend to feed more frequently?
i understand the tiredness, Im just catchin up on my sleep now and hes 6mths old!!! :shock:
hope it doesnt carry on for too long, but just think that ur nourishing him and buildin him up strong! :hug:

Connor is bottle fed but he's doing the same at the moment.

HV said it was probably a growth spurt they get it about 6-8 weeks apparantly but I do feel for you breast feeding sweetie!!

It sounds like a growth sprut hun dont worry it will calm down.

As for the falling asleep, I lie Olivia next to me when shes feeding and fall asleep which works for us :D She will sleep on her own until she want feeding then I just bung her in with me.

Keep up the hard work its all worth it :hug:

Logan has been like this, I just had him in bed with me. I found we both slept better as he was able to feed when he wanted but I could get some rest, he doesn't do this alot anymore....

if your not sure how to nurse laying down ask your HV. Basically you go on your side and let the baby latch on, I then put a pillow or a rolled blanket behind Logan to keep him on his side.... don't put ur duvet over them hough, use their own blankets or else they will get too hot.

Aw thanks. I do lie on my side and feed him but I was scared of the duvet covering him so will use his Lyndsey as you say. Sometimes I jump up and panic when I fall asleep! It's so worrying when I read the safety adviice about babies sleeping but it is the only way I can get a bit of sleep to enable me to keep sane lol! :shock:

The have been studys that show mums who breastfeed are able to sleep with bubba

" A baby nursing next to mother at night naturally sleeps on its side or back, in a position where it can nurse. Some spend time tummy-down on a parent’s (convex) chest. In this position, the brain stem is less impinged than on a flat mattress, and breathing and heartbeat are regulated by the parental cues."

Brody slept with me a lot when he was little, it was great, I loved waking up next to him :) As long as you are careful with the blankets you'll be fine, I have one of those bed guard things too, to stop him from falling out.

I know what you mean about waking up and panicking this happened a couple of times but there is lots of research to say that a mothers instinct will not let her turn over on her baby and you will wake when there is any trouble... This happened to me once, Logan began to be sick and I woke up...

I would say though that we have the biggest bed ever!

Also it is the nicest feeling inthe world when you wake up and you look down to see your baby sound asleep on you!

With the feeding hun, maybe you shoud try feeding him up during the day. If it is a growth spurt this probably won't hep much but feeding him as much as poss sends the message that he should have the biggest feeds from 7am - 11pm. Worth a try?

I've started using a sleeping bag on Finley now he fits in it. This saves me worrying about blankets and he stays at the same temperature so I don't disturb him! It's much better.

babyjay1, he does sleep a lot in the day but I don't like waking him.

Let him sleep and let him eat when he wants, he will figure it out himself, bubbas are very clever you know, its just when they decide to do it :lol:

The sleeping bag is a great idea, I have one for Olivia but she dont like it, she likes just sleeping in her nappy with me in with a cotton sheet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back