Can anyone give me some hope!? 3 early losses back to back

Hi Emma.

I'm glad your appointment went well and they are going to do all the blood testing. I'm sure the tests will all come back clear as well which can be frustrating when no cause is identified but it's better that there isn't anything that can complicate it further.
Don't give be up hope, I think giving your body a break for a few months while you wait for the testing is a good thing, but I personally found it difficult to not try! My body decided to give itself a few months from conceiving this time around and so far so good.....
Pls keep us posted!
Xxxx hugs xxx

Emma- I am so sorry for yr losses. I think you/or yr doc should dig deep to find out more why you can't get pregnant. Have you considered doing additional tests, karyotyping or pgs ngs? All the best x

Hello ladies,

I just wanted to update this thread as you guys were all so supportive earlier in the year- I had a bit of a break away and have now had my recurrent miscarriage consultation and testing with my local EPU.. They were fantastic and thorough but nothing untoward was found. The last few months I started to resign myself to the fact that it is never going to happen for us but last week I got another BFP. I am taking progesterone supplements and a low dose of aspirin and so far I'm feeling physically okay- the home pregnancy test this time was nice and strong but I am freaking out over every cramp/twinge.. For those of you that are currently expecting did you feel the same? And at what point did you start to relax and allow yourself to get excited?

I hope you are all keeping well xxx

Congratulations hun!

My anxiety was horrendous throughout the first trimester and I was just convinced that we would have another miscarriage. I was checking my underwear and the tissue for blood each time I went to the toilet, peed on a ridiculous amount of tests and just generally was a giant ball of worry. Once we got past the first tri I found I had peaks and troughs if anxiety and periods where I felt OK and other times when I was really worried and stressed. These highs and lows have continued throughout my pregnancy and I'm now 37+2 and so ready for her to come!

Are you getting early scans?

XX

Thank you so much, did you get cramps early on? I don't even remember what a 'normal' pregnancy feels like anymore. I'm booked in for a scan on the first week of May and I'm nervous/excited xxx

Cramps and twinges are normal but utterly terrifying!!

I've got all my fingers crossed that this works out well for you hun and that this is your bring home baby.

I had extra scans at eight weeks and ten weeks with this pregnancy. They did help to reassure me for a day or two!

First week of May is when I'm due so hopefully it'll be good news all round for both of us that week!

XX

Oh wow! Sending lots of love and luck for your little ones arrival and thank you very much for your reassurance.. Do you know what you're having? Xxx

We're having a little girl this time.

Pregnancy after loss is just awful and miscarriage really does ruin future pregnancies as you just can't relax properly.

I've been where you are hun and I understand how tough it is so don't hesitate to shout if you need to chat. I've got everything crossed that this is your bring home rainbow baby.

XX

I really appreciate that Emily, thank you so much. Wishing you the very best of luck welcoming your little girl into the world, please keep us updated? Xxx

Aw so glad to hear you are back Emma. Yes I did freak out over every twinge and cramp. It's only natural you will. Just bear in mind each pregnancy is new and different to the last. You have every chance this one will be ok. I'm still very anxious now to be honest. I just want this baby to arrive safe now. It's felt like a very, very long pregnancy!
I have everything crossed for you xx

Congratulations on another BFP! I really hope this is your sticky bean :)
I was on progesterone and low dose asprin to with this one (I remember saying earlier in the thread is thought I was going to loose her) I'm now 21 weeks with a little a girl. I do believe taht the progesterone and aspirin helped. So fx they do the same for you.
I saw my recurrent miscarrige consultant when I was 8 weeks, and from then on he did a scan every week, ot was meant to be every 2 weeks, but they did 1 a week to stop me having panic attacks etc, so you should be offered something similar I imagine.
I really hope things work out this time sweet! X

Yes I had bad cramps and I was convinced something would go wrong! There were a lot of recurrent missers in our month and the whole thread was a giant worry pool! I'm still in disbelief that we all made it it's a miracle! I hurt my back so extensively in first tri I couldn't move for a fortnight and I had a rummy pain so bad I called an ambulance and the guy there pretty much told me it was over.... well now I'm full term today so that showed him lol

Wow it really is lovely to hear that all three of you are now at the latter end of successful pregnancies! It gives me hope! I'm a nervous wreck at the moment as my period is due around now- I had stopped testing early in previous cycles to avoid the heartache but when I was prescribed progesterone I wanted to catch a BFP as early as possible. The next few days are going to be tough and long 😢

I'm booked in for a 6 week scan and my understanding is that from then on I'll be scanned every two weeks which will really help my anxiety I'm sure.. I just hope I get to that point!

What are your EDDs ladies??

Xxx

Also I'm really hoping someone might be able to put my mind at rest?! I've never tracked cervical position before but since I've been using the progesterone pessaries I've noticed that (sorry TMI) my cervix has been very high, until this morning when it's suddenly become lower and slightly tilted. I'm now convincing myself that this is a bad sign and it's all over...

Last edited:
Me and Emily are due in 2 weeks ish. I don't have any clue on cervix position to be honest but at long as it's closed it's a good sign I think it hardens and should feel like the top of your nose? To be honest I wouldn't know what I'm looking for but poking around up there can irritate it and cause spotting I know coz dtd is and common cause of spotting or bleeding in pregnancy

Im so sorry for your previous losses and hopefully this pregnancy will end with you holding your beautiful baby. When I went to the mc clinic I was advised to take high dose folic acid (on prescriprion from gp) and low dose asprin over the counter.

I also saw a genetic counsellor as my last mc baby boy had trisomy 22, she advised for us there was no gentic reason for it happening as neither of us carry any abnormal genes however these things can just happen.

The genetics counsellor explained that most mc happen due to the cells having too much or not enough genetic information and thats the long and short of it unfortunately. I hope this helps and I hope that you get the support you need should this pregnancy end.

Hoping for a healthy and happy 9mt ahead for you xxxx

The genetics counsellor explained that most mc happen due to the cells having too much or not enough genetic information and thats the long and short of it unfortunately. I hope this helps and I hope that you get the support you need should this pregnancy end.

Hoping for a healthy and happy 9mt ahead for you xxxx
Hi, I am so sorry. Yes, I have also read that during the1st trimester mc might occur cos of chromosomal abnormalities (smaller or bigger than the proper number of chromosome). That's why in case of recurrent pregnancy loss or advanced maternal age a doc might recommend doing PGS NGS. I wish yr dreams come true xx

Just to update I have had an early scan and all is well! So far so good- there is a heartbeat and I'm due at the end of December! This is the furthest I have gotten, I pray this one sticks! xxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back