Labour Thoughts...

SarahCarps2be

Reaction score
Well...
Never really thought of labour until I started reading ladies birth stories on here..

I know not every pregnancy is straightforward and I'm not expecting my labour to be perfect in the slightest.
But I REALLY don't want a c section!? I dunno what I'll do if I have to have one... Obviously I wanna do everything to make sure my little man gets here safe and sound.
but the thought of a c section just scares me :eek:.

Exactly same as me, when I was told I would have to have 1 if my placenta doesn't move up I actually cried :( give me the pain of giving birth to baby any day, the thought alone of having an operation terrifies me badly. But obviously ill go with whatevers best for baby!xxxx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I have been trying my best not to think too much about labour just yet
The whole thought of it frightens me : (
But if all does not go smoothly I would opt for a c section i guess no one knows what labour holds and everyone is so different
Only 18 weeks to go.... Can't wait to meet LO x

I have been trying my best not to think too much about labour just yet
The whole thought of it frightens me : (
But if all does not go smoothly I would opt for a c section i guess no one knows what labour holds and everyone is so different
Only 18 weeks to go.... Can't wait to meet LO x

The whole pain of labour doesn't phase me as it's a beautiful thing, and it's a pain you want (well, no one wants pain but you get what I mean)...
And the pushing and unlady likeness of it doesn't phase me...

I just don't wanna have to be cheated out of giving birth to my boy...
That sounds really selfish and I don't mean it to.... :(.

But like I said before, I'll do whatever is best for baby as Kra0 said!

I feel the same, I really want as natural birth as possible but I have made it my perogative up to try to be as open minded about the whole prcess as possible. I have not done this before and I do not know what complications I may go through so I am just going to take it one step at a time and make sure the MW in my labouring process knows that I want to make informed decisions and that I happy for her to suggest the best course of action. xx

The problem is that every person , baby and birth can be so very different, pain that one woman may descibe as a little uncomfortable and other may be totally unable to cope with . The most important thing to remember -i think- is to have a very positive attiude towards your birth ,plan it as best as you can ,but as with everything in life it may not go to plan but being positive will help. xx

I think that when the time actually comes it's alot easier to go with the flow. When I was having my first baby, I was absolutely adament that I wanted everything as natural as possible, no instrumental deliveries and certainly no c-sections. I had quite a bad time during my first labour and when they actually came towards the end and said they were going to do a ventouse I was actually so grateful and relieved lol. I was so tired and just wanted him out safely.
My second labour only lasted 1hr13mins with a little gas and air when I started pushing and I actually really enjoyed the whole experience! I think definately go in with an open mind, be clear about what you want but be flexible. It's all worth it when they place that bay in your arms - oooh I could cry I'm that excited for us all lol!!! xxx

Im the same.

The thought of a caesarean TERRIFIES me! I have visions of being told I need one on the day and freaking out and refusing or having a mental breakdown! I have never had an operation or been put to sleep, not even anything minor other than a filling, so if it was the case I honestly dont think I could do it. I have a problem with needles- I have had CBT but I still find it difficult at times. The thought of having to have a cannular, IV drip, blood transfusion or anaesthetic scares me to death. I know everyone says 'oh but when you're in that situation you dont care you'd do anything' I dont believe them. I know I wouldnt want to harm my LO n anyway and want them here safely, but I honestly think that the fear would take over :( And I feel awful for thinking so.

Ideally, I would love to have a completely natural birth- no epidural (BIG needle!), no IV drip... Id be happy with gas and air lol! I would love to have a water birth, or at least spend the majority of the time in a birthing pool, maybe with OH in there too. I want it to be just me and OH, I want OH to cut the cord (He now tells me he dont think he can do this, as he thinks he will freak out cutting through something 'fleshy'), if we stayed team yellow it would be him who I would want to tell me the sex- although he still can as I dont 100% trust scans. I want to be the first to hold her, skin to skin, or OH if I cant.

Hopefully I will be able to give them their first ever feed, I want the new family pic of us 3 just after she's been born and all that type of thing.

Oh, and a big must is that I have a KFC after giving birth! Im not eating the hospital food! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back