Bleeding 5+2weeks

Heulyn

Reaction score
Hi girls.
You might have seen this posted on some of my other threads, so apologies for that.

I started bleeding yesterday (Tuesday 23rd) at 5+2weeks
I went up to the hospital, where they scanned me and said I might be having a m/c, but they couldn't really tell.
They've booked me in for another scan on Tues 30th so they can say for sure.

Has anyone else had bleeding this early and been okay?

:-( :cry::(

x

Has the beelding stopped now? try and stay positive, if there isnt lots of blood and pain you should be ok, i have alot of friends who have had a small bleed at 5 weeks, which can be implantation bleeding, where the baby is embedding itself into the womb and some of this sheds which makes you bleed, thinking of you x x x x

I thought it was slowing down last night, but it came back with a vengance this morning.
It's almost as bad as AF!
It's pretty heavy, and I'm getting a lot of pain, so I'm expecting the worst tbh =[ :cry:

Hope it's implantation, but I think it's a bit heavy for that now.
x

Hey. I started bleeding at about 4w too. It wasn't heavy and was dark brown. After about 10 days it just stopped and i've not had any since. So don;t worry just yet.

Thanks =] Yesterday the bleeding was like that, but this morning it's heavy and bright red =/

Oh really. It's hard to know if that is a bad sign. I know my own mum had three consecutive periods whilst pregnant with me. It was during the whole of the first trimester, and I was perfectly fine. Sometimes bleeding is not bad, but can be too. I hope its not bad for you babes. x

My OH's mum was saying she bled for 7and-a-half months when she was PG with her youngest!
I was like :O !!!
So I'm hoping I'll be okay. :S
We'll see.
Thanks xxxx

sorry to read this lovely thinking of you and really hope all is ok xxx

If the pain's very bad it might be worth getting checked out again. Did the hospital see anything on the scan, i'm assuming they ruled out ectopic? Telling you to try not to worry is easier said than done i know! I had 4 miscarriages before this pregnancy, and for me the bleeding was very heavy and bright read with large clots in it and more painful than a period, but everyones different and some people do have bleeding in pregnancy. Hope your ok honey x

Hiya, i just thought I'd share my story.

At 9 weeks, i was sat doing my make up on my bed,stood up and i felt like I'd wet myself! Ran to the toilet and my pants were FULL of blood, it was dripping out like a tap, i sat on the toilet, crapping myself as I'm not good with blood! It eventually slowed down,and I phoned my then boyfriend and we was straight down to a&e, it was a Friday night and they just didn't seem to give a shit. Waited for hours to only be told that I had to come back mon morn for an emergency scan. And everything was fine and they couldn't see a reason for the bleed ( they actually made me feel like I'd made it up!) so try not worry!
Hope things are ok xx

Thank you everyone for your responses.

Katie, they did rule out ectopic. They saw the baby, they said it was about 3mm big, but on the second scan they weren't exactly 100% if it was the baby they could see. Also, the bleeding is getting heavier, and is bright red now.

Beth, you must have been terrified! I'm glad someone has a positive story though, thank you. Did you have any pain though? Because this is really, really painful.

I hope you're ok hun :hug:

What did the hospital see on the scan? Did they give you any advice on whether to go back if you were bleeding more heavily or had more pain?

Mamafy, they took a few pictures of areas they suspected could be the baby, but they couldn't be 100% for some reason.
They did say that if I felt sick, felt faint, pass out, or get extreme pain or bleeding, call them and they will come out to me, but I'm not sure it's quite that bad.
I keep telling myself that, possibly in hope that it won't get that bad :pray:

And compared to my last m/c... well, that was pretty horrific, so things would have to be pretty bad before I call someone out to me, I think. x

Last edited:
I hope everything turns out okay for you. Best of luck and try to stay positive. :)

Oh mate, really thinking of you, I am really hoping that it is just a normal pregnancy bleed, gope you can get another scan sooner than monday and that the blood stops soon.

:hug:X:hug: X:hug:

Hope your ok sweetheart, fingers crossed everything is ok xx

hi there i know how u feel i bleed a bit in my 1st pregnancy went straight to a and e they kept me in overnight etc and then scanned me they could see the baby sac where baby was but had to be rescheduled for 10 days to see if everything ok, went back and they could see the heartbeat and i went on to have a beautiful baby boy, now im pregnant with no 2 and hope it doesnt happen again its so hard did u see the sac the baby was in? if so thats good sign? good luck and dont stress hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back