Bleeding - updated - bad news

andreag

Reaction score
I started bleeding yesterday afternnon. Just spotting at first but it has got a bit heavier. Thankfully no pain but the blood is bright red so am really worried.
I phoned the EPU and they have booked me in for a scan on tuesday am - it seems years away at the moment. I know it is quite common but its still terrifying :(

The bleeding got worse this morning and the short version is we have lost the baby. Thank you for your support and kind words.

Andrea

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
It doesn't mean anything. Lots of people bleed during pregnancy. In fact, it seems like most people do (that might not be true ,it just seems that way to me). Let us know how you get on :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

:shock: tuesday is so far away :hug: i dont know how they expect enyone to sit worried for that long, but i suppose you could look at it this way, if you had a scan today and everything was fine and if you had a bit more bleeding over the weekend you would be worried again, so in a way i suppose its better to let the bleeding settle down and hopefully it will have settled by tuesday and you will see your bubba :)

remember and rest, put your feet up until tues :hug:

Hey Andrea,

Sending you lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

I know it's easier said that done, but try not to overstress yourself until your scan, I also had bleeding in the beginning of Jan.

The hospital advised your body can sometimes get confused at the time your period was due and shed some lining which in no way affects the bubba who's already embedded themselves deeply into the wall of your womb, and is having a field day making you puke and laughing at you holding your boobs whilst running down the stairs and is completely oblivious to all Mummy's worries and stresses.

My sis had her periods until she was 6 months!!

I would advise you to take it very easy until Tuesday, keep your feet up and relax (I know it's hard)

If you pass any clots or lumps (Sorry tmi) get yourself straight down to the EPU and demand a scan immediatley.

I'm sending lots of baby glue your way, please try not to worry as bleeding is really quite common and nearly all of us go on to have sleepless nights filled with smelly nappies, and happy, healthy, smiling babies!

Do keep us all updated!

Cleo xxx

There are some small clots in the blood - EPU number is engaged :eek:

aww hun i hope all is okay...if u get pain or alot of clots with heavier bleeding then pleaes dont wait for EPU to become free go to A&E - dont worry about wasting there time they will take u up to EPU...i hope all is okay and im thinking of u

please update hen u can - best of luck :hug: :hug: :hug: :pray:

Hey Andrea,

I agree with Rhian, get yourself down to A&E for peace of mind, this is what the NHS are there for.

They will prob deal with you straight away dont worry about wasting time etc as you will prob find them much better in person than the people you speak to on the phone in the EPU who are normally pretty unhelpfull (One of them was a right moo to me when I was calling up in tears)

The nurses in A&E and the EPU were so lovely when I had the same problem and went in, in person. It's likely they will take you up to EPU for a scan today. Better to know whats going on than sitting around and worrying yourself silly.

I would not even mention the earlier calls, just present as pg and bleeding and it should speed things up.

I'm thinking of you :hug:

Cleo xxx

:hug: :hug: FXed everything turns out ok andreag. Keep us updated :hug:

i hope everything is alright, thinking of you

Oh Andrea... I'm so sorry. I can't offer advice but can offer a lot of thoughts and hugs :hug: :hug:

xx

Iam so sorry for your loss hon :hug:
take care o fyourself
Lol Sarah :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member