Threatened miscarriage confirmed today :-(((

Petra

Reaction score
hiya, I have posted few days ago about my heavy bleeding in 5+ weeks. My abdominal pain and bleeding have increased over the weekend. I have had a scan today at the EPU who confirmed that my womb is full of blood clots and the pregnancy is not deloping well. I have been offered D&C or wait until it leave itself. I told them that I will wait for a few days and see what happens. However, I am having loads of pain and bleeding and just wonder if I should go for D&C. Are their any possible problems with getting pregnant after D&C? Doctor said that there might be risks sometimes. Please your thoughts :cry: :cry: :cry:

i am now pregnant after having a d&c in may my pregnancy is very healthy not had any bleeding or problems at all.
i think the risks are manly that you can get an infection from a d&c and if you dont wait to try again an infection could causes problems with an unborn
i think its just the risks in the operation such as a tear and alike that could cause a small amount of damage to uterus which could cause bleeding and things
if i was you id have the d&c atleast then you wont be in anymore pain as thats not a nice thing to have
manda xx

Havent got any advice for you, just wanted to give you :hug:

So sorry about your sad news. I nearly had a D&C a couple of weeks ago and I talked about it a lot with a great friend of mine who is a Dr (and worked on a Gynae Obs ward for a year recently) and she said that the risks were just normal risks associated with a general anesthetic and a slight risk of them damaging your bladder but that too is very very small and they can do something about it if it happens. She said that she had never seen that happen though and they were doing them every day. Are you taking something for the pain? They gave me paracetamol and ibuprofen in hospital after my m/c was confirmed. :hug: :hug:

+++

Oh Hon im so sorry :(

I had a d and c a few weeks back in Sept.

I was given a strong antibiotic and had no infection.

I have heard from a few sources that D AND C can actually increase your fertility.

I had a bit of cramping after but apart from that i was ok.

If you need to ask more questions feel free to pm me

xxx

:hug:

id go for a D&C. i didnt have it and teh pain omg it was so unbearable and never again. :hug:

Just a :hug: from me too and lots of luck with whatever you decide to do

I don't have any advice but want to offer you a hug x x x :hug:

dear all, many thanks for your support. I am going back to the EPU on Monday to see if the miscarriage took a place ( I think it might have happened this morning, but not too sure). If it's still there, I will go for D&C on Tuesday. What to expect??

No idea what to expect but didn't want to read and run. Whatever it is I'm sure you'll get through it and be even stronger by the end. :hug: s to you x

what to exspect with the d&c?
well they will go threw the op with yu make sure you understand the risks ect
then you will be told not to eat or drink anytihng and to wait
a nurse will do bloodpressure and ask some questions and give you a gown ect to wear
then you go down to threture they put you asleep it takes about 15-20 mins and you wake up in recovery get wheeled up to the ward
and once youve had tea n toast you can go home
its all very quick and easy as you can go home into your own bed for the rest of the day
manda xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back