Been in hospital today!

leesey

Reaction score
After having almost no movement yesterday and today, phoned triage and they wanted me to come in. I hadn't really wanted to cause a fuss cos I had loads of movement on Thursday and thought bubs was just having a wee break from it but hubby persuaded me to go in.

Well, we got to triage, and they asked me to go up to the labour ward to get monitored properly. So we were up in the labour ward (at visiting time!!) and I got all the usual checks done (bp, urine, etc) and all was fine. She tried using the doppler and couldn't find heartbeat :( Cue a very scary 15 minutes while we waited for the doctor to arrive with the mobile scanner. He said he would be a minute before he said anything (so not to scare us by being silent I would imagine) and he finally said there we go nice wee heartbeat there! Phew!

Bubs was tucked away in the most unusual position (I believe it was back to back, oblique but almost transverse and tucked into a ball kind of thing!) so the heartbeat seemed really far away which is why we couldn't get it on the doppler and why I hadn't felt many movements. He said that was reassuring but he wasn't happy with the amount of fluid in there. There was only one pocket of fluid and he said normally there would be 4 roughly at each corner.

He wanted to do the ctg monitoring for a while (40 minutes!) and heartbeat was fine most of the time but dropped a couple of times. Baby had hiccups for about ten minutes, which you could hear on the monitor, very cute. He said there might be a chance I'd be kept in for more monitoring, and he checked with the consultant on call.

Thankfully he said that they wouldn't keep me in, cos there were no scans available tomorrow (and tbh I think they were short on beds), but he may get me back in for a scan on Monday or Tuesday. He didn't really say what for but I checked my notes afterwards and it's for fluid and growth but didn't say why.

They said they were happy for me to go but if anything else concerned me I was to phone. As I was leaving the ward I started getting really sore Braxton Hicks and I thought about turning round and going back in but it seemed a bit ridiculous!!

So I sat through my McDonalds dinner grabbing my bump and going 'ooooooh', much to the annoyance of the people sitting next to us!

Everything seems ok now, touch wood, and I'm sitting watching telly in bed. Wasn't expecting such an eventful day! xx

What a day for you, glad you're feeling okay now. x

Oh no! What a fright you must have got... Glad you got checked out quickly enough! Just shows you hubby is right and to get these things seen to! Hope all goes wee with the scan xxx

Oh god, scary business! Glad you are ok :) ive got a growth assessment & maybe scan on wed cos measuring too big for dates. Hope they get you in for a scan & you get to see LO again! Xx

Omg how frightening today must have been for u!! So glad all turned out well but hopefully u get another scan during the week to reassure u further! Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Glad ur feeling better now hun. Must of been a scary day xxx

Thanks ladies, I'm feeling more reassured already as I've had plenty movement since getting home, I just wish I knew if the fluid levels were ok, don't want to have that worry on my mind xx

Last edited:
I had the same on Thursday hunny. Hardly any movements but she's made up for it today!! She's not stopped! Got to go back on the morning at 10 to check my blood pressure as that was quite high so they just want to check again xx

Glad you're home and LO is moving for you now :) Fingers crossed for a scan sooner rather than later to set your mind ease for the fluid!!!

xxx

Oh, gosh what a scare
glad your both okay xx
Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Thats really scary but glad the medical team looked after you and will double check on Tuesday. Keep us posted but glad you and bubs are ok xx

Are the fluid levels ok? Glad you got to see LO again, I can't work out the pic tho lol xx

Aww great news!! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Are the fluid levels ok? Glad you got to see LO again, I can't work out the pic tho lol xx

Yup fluid levels are fine, it's all explained in my journal! Up to 18cm now whereas they were 8cm last night.

The pic is hard to work out lol, it's a head, tummy and leg :) xx

Wow? I'd never even seen that pregnancy journal section before haha! Glad everything is ok :) xx

Back in again today :(

Only recorded 4 movements for the whole of yesterday and 4 again today, I even waited the full 12 hours before phoning just so I knew I wasn't being paranoid.

Normally when the doppler goes on bubs goes daft, but in an hour's monitoring I only got another 4 movements. But even though that's an improvement that still only meant 8 today in total. It seems so odd that it happened Friday/Saturday/Sunday last week and it was the same again this week. Even the midwife said surely I would normally feel it more at the weekend when I'm not so busy.

But anyway, was on trace for an hour, heartrate fine, etc. I'm obviously checking out fine, I'm in perfect health really. They have no idea why the reduced movement keeps happening. I'm supposed to get another scan next week but they haven't said why and it's obviously not for growth this time cos that checked out fine last week. I don't know if they have any thoughts on why it keeps happening.

Anyone had/heard of repeated bouts of reduced movement? And I'm not just talking quiet days, I'm talking like no movement for several hours and less than ten movements in one day.

Oh, on a positive note though, mw says she thinks bubs is now cephalic rather than breech, I was convinced he/she was going to be too stubborn to move! She was surprised at how low down the head was but I'm assuming she would have said if it was at all engaged? I don't think it is, I hope it isn't yet anyway!!
I was also measuring 33 weeks according to fh, so once again more than a week ahead.

Last edited:
oh no what a nightmare for you! Least bubs is ok. hope they figure out why it keeps happening xx

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

Been awake for an hour and a half and still no movements, not a peep. I've sung all my usual nursery rhymes, hubby has tried saying 'wake up baby' very loudly right to my bump (not successful, no surprise there :p ), I've tried jiggling and I've had a cold glass of milk while lying down. Nada.
I'm away to make myself a yummy ice cream float, baby loves them and usually goes daft when I have one. Keep your fingers crossed for a wriggle fest! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back