Just got back from hospital...

HeppiBean

Reaction score
Ok so at around 2 o clock this afternoon as I was walking into town I started getting really bad pains around my bump. They kind of started by my spine, felt like I'd been punched in the back and shot around growing in intensity until they were stabbing pains right in the centre at the bottom of my bump. I thought they were probably just stretching pains/pains from walking around and got on with my afternoon. Around half 4 I started to realise that every time I got these pains they were getting worse and causing me much more pains. There was also a pattern to them... They lasted 30-60 seconds and were coming around about every 5 minutes... I started panicking and got the bus back straight away so as to see my midwife before my antenatal class started.

My midwife wasn't at the centre however so the centre manager called triage at the hospital to get some advice. By now I was being left crippled and unable to talk/move whilst the pains were there. He told the midwife on the phone what was happening and that I hadn't felt baby move in around 12 hours, she said I needed to go straight to the hospital. The centre put my journey to and from the hospital on their account with a taxi firm so OH and I left immediately.

When we got to triage I was rushed straight through, had my blood pressure taken, pulse measured and temperature taken before being hooked up to the monitor. There was a panic at first as they couldn't find her heartbeat. They had me moving around in all sorts of positions trying to detect it and finally -sigh of relief- there it was.

I was on the monitor thing for an hour. And eventually the two pad thingy's must have started to annoy her as finally she started moving again.

Once I was off the machine they tested my urine and found ketones (I didn't and still don't know what these are? Any help?) so I had to drink a big jug of water, and half an hour later they re-tested. No ketones this time around. They left me to it for a while just poking there head round to check on me every so often and to let me know that the doctor wouldn't be long.

When the doctor turned up he asked what was going on, to describe the pain to him and if I'd had any watery fluid in my underwear. As some of you may know I have been getting this on and off for the last couple of weeks but was told by the midwife on the phone ot was nothing to worry about. I explained this to him and he decided to do an internal examination and 2 different swabs to find out if 1. My waters had broken and 2. I had gone into preterm labour.

After doing the examination and swabs he said he was concerned about the fluid as it was looking like my waters had broken. He told me that they may decide to keep me in over night to have an ultrasound first thing in the morning. The swabs came back negative for preterm labour so he calmed down a bit, (bless him he was really fretting before) and he said that he'd talk to me when he came out of surgery.

I sat around waiting for him scaring myself about what was going to happen... Thankfully when he came out of surgery he said that he'd spoken to the registrar who had decided it was best if they do a blood test, then I go home and get some rest. I'm awaiting an ultrasound appointment (they should be calling me tomorrow) and I've been told that I MUST go back up there if the pains get any more intense/regular or I start losing more fluid.

Basically... He think's my water's have gone and that I have an infection causing me the pain. I have to go for an ultrasound to check on my waters and await the blood results to see if it is an infection. If my waters HAVE gone and I DO have an infection then I'll have to be booked in for constant monitoring and possibly early delivery.....

I'm praying everything is ok! Finger's crossed it's nothing.

Sorry for the longness... xx

Oh I hope everything turns out ok for you. Sounds like you have had a traumatic day!
Get some rest.

Ketones can mean your dehydrated which is probably why once you drank the water that it was no longer in your urine. I used to get it in tri 1 because of my morning sickness and never drank enough. Let us know how you get on with your bloods etc xx

Thank you, yeah that makes sense. And I will do, am so worked up about all this. I was having a real bad time earlier mentally. Francesca was kicking me so much and I was in so much pain I was feeling like I didn't want her any more and I just wanted her out of me... Now I feel guilty that I was thinking that cause what if it happens :( x

Poor you!! What a terrifying experience! Especially at only 28 weeks. You must be petrified! I know I was when I was in last week and they said it maybe early labour and I was 35 + 5 when I was in.

Hopefully it isn't the waters - an ultrasound should clear that up. They can supplement them with a saline solution for a while can't they? Did they give you steroids to mature the baby?

I bet you feel too scared to sleep. Poor you! Fingers crossed everything will be fine for you and the little one!

Xx

Hey... First of all I apologise if I don't make much sense I'm half asleep an just refreshed my phone screen when I come across this. I will read again properly tomorrow but just wanted to send u some hugs. That must have been really scary... Glad u went to get checked out. Will keep everything crossed that the bloods are fine, there is no infection and your waters are ok tomorrow. Try get some rest if u can now and take it easy xxxx

They haven't given me anything but I should have the ultrasound on Friday/Saturday cause he doesn't want to leave it too late. And they can supplement them for a while, as long as I don't have an infection where it's possibly been almost 2 weeks of them leaking... And that's kind of what the pains are pointing to apparently... I am scared... But I guess luckily for me I woke up at 11 o clock last night and haven't been able to sleep since as she was causing me too much pain kicking me so I'm absolutely shattered now... Gonna head to bed now and will let you all know what's happening as soon as I know :/ If I end up in the hospital and can't get online I'll top my phone up and give either KellyHook/Jackie a text to let you know xx

Its a good idea to get some rest. Hopefully you manage to sleep. Keep us all updated!

Xx

Hope you are managing to get some rest - best of luck tomorrow for the tests etc xx

Oh Heppi, what a nightmare you poor thing, are you ok? Hope you get your tests soon and all the info & answers you need. Try & get some rest it sounds like a mad old day x

Hope everythings ok and youre feeling better today xx

Woke up about an hour ago cause my tummy was hurting again... But they told me not to panic just to take painkillers and rest so... That's what I'm doing. Just waiting on the phone call from the ultrasound department which could come at any point today... Just gonna take it easy and keep myself well hydrated :/ xh

I can't believe you have had to go through all of this. At least the doctor was thorough and didn't fob you off. Make sure you rest and take it easy. xx

oh sweetie. hope all is ok. make sure you keep resting and let us know whats happening. give me a text if you need anything. xx

Ohh heppi sounds like a nightmare, hope you are okay hun. Get plenty rest and make sure your oh is looking after you! Hope you get the phone call soon so you know when your appt will be. x x

Oh Hun, how scary!.. Hope everything turns out ok, thankfully it wasn't pre term labour!! Hopefully they don't keep you waiting to long for your ultrasound! Sounds like Fran is being a little monkey for her mummy! Xxx just give me or jackie a text if you want us to update hun! Xx

Awww hun what an awful time you have had! Fingers crossed its not your waters and everything is just fine! Get plenty of rest too! xxx

Just seen this! You poor thing, how terrifying for you :hugs:
I really hope all turns out fine and that you are ok. Lots of love xx

That sounds really scary, but at least they are taking you seriously and doing tests..will be keeping my fingers crossed for you xx

Thats so scary hun :( I hope u & bubba are ok x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back