Bad news at the docs!!

Vickyxx

Reaction score
Just had the results of my ultrasound scan and I have polycystic ovaries and was told that they wont do anything to help me until we have been trying for 2 years!!! I am totally gutted!! :-(

I was prepared to be told that something could be wrong as I already expected that but I didnt think that I would have to wait so long until they would consider treating me!!

The doctor was a real miserable sod as well, and I think at one point I heard him mutter something about god's will... he was bloody lucky that I was to upset to hear him properly as I would have gone mad!! :slap:

The bit of good news is that its only my right ovary that has it my left is ok. I told him that I was going months without having a period and he quite bluntly said well that means you are not ovulating"........ Really you think!!! Fuc*ing idiot!!! :censored:

We still decided to have hubby checked out as god forbid there is something wrong with him as well, and I will still have my 21 bloods done. Am going to go back and see the nurse who I spoke to on my very first appointment and ask her if there is nothing more they can do!!

I feel like such a failure as a woman, I know its a common problem and you can still conceive but it doesnt make it hurt anyless!! :cry:

Wanted to send you massive :hugs hunny x x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aww so sorry hun! he sounds like a D***!

Hope you are ok. You should def speak to the nurse and tell her your concerns, is there nothing they can do with polycystic overies? I know my friend got hers lazered off. it took her about a 18 months to concieve and now she has an 8 month old little girl.

xxxx

Hey Vicky

I'm so sorry to hear you've had an awful appointment with your extremely unhelpful doctor :hugs:

I know it's not any consolation & won't help you right now but my friend has the same thing & had 2 beautiful children, so there is defo hope hun :flower:

Just wanted to let you know I'm thinking of you & we are all here if you need to chat

xxx

Hon you need to see another doctor. I'm not saying you'll get a different answer but you might. This one has no business saying it's God's will at a medical appointment - it's not the appropriate place. Unsympathetic doctors can really hinder things where good docs will be more flexible. I'd urge you to see another GP. Mine is sending me for tests in a few months if no luck and that's not even a year of TTC.

Sorry he was a s**t to you hun. Xxx

:hug: Sorry he was so unsympathetic. There's really no reason to be like that, it's awful.

I would definitely see if you can speak to someone else, there's no harm in exaggerating the length of time that you've been trying either. Just say that you worked out your dates and it was longer than you realised.

Theres nothing wrong with putting in a complaint about a doctor, sorry vicky dont want to hijack your thread but i got a reply yesterday to the complaint i put in about a consultant i saw when i had MMC. i wrote a very long letter complaining about his attitiude and noted everything he said and why it was very inappropriate. In the reply he had to respond to every part (and couldnt denay it as midwife and hubby witnesses). It was a good feeling knowing that at least he had to think about is actions and hopefully wont act that way to others.

Sometimes these doctors need a good kick up the backside. If we dont complain they will think that they can say what ever they like :eh:

Sorry sound like i've got a right bee in my bonet :shock:

I agree with you Nurse. Glad you wrote that letter!! X

aww so sorry hun! he sounds like a D***!

Hope you are ok. You should def speak to the nurse and tell her your concerns, is there nothing they can do with polycystic overies? I know my friend got hers lazered off. it took her about a 18 months to concieve and now she has an 8 month old little girl.

xxxx

When I had my first lot of bloods taken I saw a different doctor and he told me to come back in March / April time and they would look at inducing a period so they can start me on some drugs to help stimulate ovulation. So what I was told then completely contradicts what I was told today, I would have said something but at the time I was crying and not really thinking clearly, and I could tell he just wanted me out of his office!!

I would see another doctor vicky. Explain what has happened and i'm sure they will be able to help.

Yeah I am def going to speak to someone else about it and see if there is anything they can do to help move things along. If not then I may have to consider private as I cant wait two years I just cant!!

So glad I have you girls to talk to x

V xxx

I can totally understand i would never be able to wait 2 years, i would try another doctor straight away and if no joy i would def go private.

Good Luck hun!
x

Hey hun, I was diagnosed with PCOS myself a few years ago and was told exactly the same thing. They wouldn't treat mine (I only have them on my left, my right is ok) or do anything until I had been ttc for over 2 years. We tried for over a year and have now been lucky enough to be successful. On my scan I saw the little egg sac where baby had come from and my sonographer told me that babs had come from my right ovary so all you need is one working one, which you have!

Good luck and lots of baby dust.

xx

the can do something before that on the nhs speaK TO ANOTHER DR

awww hon I am so sorry to hear this I agree with the girls though you really should try and get a second opinion. I have a friend who has PCOS and her doctor said that when she decided she wanted to start trying for a baby they would see about lazer surgery, no mention of having to try for 2 years first. Really hope you get to speak to someone more sympathetic hon let us know how it goes x x x

Sorry to hear this, and how rude was your doctor? I'd definitely get a second opinion.

Aww sorry to hear that. I'd say deffo see another doc. The first doc I see wouldn't do anythinhg for me for another year. It was just luck that she was on hols when I had to go back for my results. And now I'm getting help! Always get a second opinion if your not happy xx

I will see another doctor or nurse. Why spend all that time diagnosing me if they then wont offer me the treatment it doesnt make any sense at all!! I am hoping I just got an insensitive doctor today and one of the others will be more sympathetic!!

Its not like the drugs I need are even expensive, I have seen them online for £11.50 with a prescription!!

Makes me so angry, dont they realise this is peoples lives they are dealing with!!

Grrrrrrrrrrr! I feel like going kicking his arrogant ass for you hunni!!

Sorry to hear about your PCOS :(

XX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back