Test results - bad news

Jule

Reaction score
We have just been told that DH has 95% abnormal sperm morphology. We are gutted to say the least :cry: I suppose at least we now know why after 14 months still no bfp.

We have been told that although there is still a slight chance to conceive naturally, the odds are highly stacked against us. We are being referred for further treatment and I have been reading up on IUI, but I'm not holding my breath for anything to happen anytime soon - good ole NHS eh?! Sad thing is I am 33 next year, and beginning to think that I have left this all too late.

Just wanted to share my thoughts with you - and if anyone is in a similar position I would love to know how you are getting on.

J x

Hiya, just wanted to say sorry to hear of your news, my DF has a large percentage of abnormal sperm morphology too (called Teratozoospermia) and the cilia in my fallopian tubes don't work therefore the only way we can conceive is with ICSI as this way they can pick out the small percentage of sperms that are actually normal. We were gutted when we first found out as we are only young, but there are means and ways around this sort of thing. We just have to try and stay positive, and I know it's hard, but that's the only advice I can give you.
Oh and I don't know if your gp told you but the morphology of the sperm has absolutely NOTHING to do with diet/smoking/lifestyle, it's just one of those things, which is a pain because I couldn't blame DF's smoking habit at the time!! He's given up now so we can get funding for the IVF.

im sorry to hear about your probs

can i just say though that i dont think youve left it too late, at least you know now. your only 32!!

good luck xxx

Sorry to hear that. There is so much they can do these days. I hope you are on the road to IVF soon. :hug:

So sorry to hear this.

If it's any comfort, friends of mine tried for several years to conceive and got pg on their first attempt of IUI.

Wishing you all the best with everything.

Thanks so much for your kind replies. :hug:

I am slowly coming to terms with it all - and still hoping for a mini miracle :pray:

I am just waiting now on our first referral appointment to come through - this will be the longest wait ever.... I just need to look it at as one really long 2ww... without the symptom spotting :D

J xx

Thanks so much for your kind replies. :hug:

I am slowly coming to terms with it all - and still hoping for a mini miracle :pray:

I am just waiting now on our first referral appointment to come through - this will be the longest wait ever.... I just need to look it at as one really long 2ww... without the symptom spotting :D

J xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back