Bad news ladies :(

Louise, that's amazing that your Father-in-law is kind enough to help you both out, hopefully with private IVF you can get moving quite speedily!

I hope you don't mind me asking, but your ticker says TTC for only 3 months; what made you think at this early stage that something might be wrong? x

I hope you don't mind me asking, but your ticker says TTC for only 3 months; what made you think at this early stage that something might be wrong? x

I don't mind you asking, it's no secret :)

Concerns about myself stem from me having had two long term relationships and not using any protection and yet never being pregnant. The first relationship lasted 3 years and my current relationship about 5 years.

Concerns about my husband stem from his never having got me pregnant and his age and his diabetes.

Add those elements to the fact that i'm very impatient and very thorough and very logical - it is just in my nature to seek answers rather than wait around confused. I don't believe that the same equation can have different results - why should the same two people doing the same thing not get pregnant one month and then get pregnant the month after that? It doens't make sense to me, something has to be different.

I'm much happier knowing the worst and dealing with it (after the initial shock :blush:)

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing Louise, didn't realise it has been such a struggle for you to conceive.
I really hope the private IVF doesn't keep you waiting much longer x

Thanks ladies :(

I know there is nothing anyone can say, it's nice to have lots of hugs though :good:

I've been going over the results and they are so bad...

He produced the minimum 2ml semen sample.
His semen is too viscous.
He had a 5mil/ml concentration instead of the 20mil/ml normal minimum.
Only 4% of his sperm cells are moving normally.
A massive 82% of his sperm cells are totally useless.

He has to go for a second test in a few weeks incase they make a miraculous recovery and the doctor said IVF would be the best option but they probably won't be in a rush to give it us because he isn't technically infertile.

I'm going to be going for tests next cycle, half hoping i'm not working as intended too so that it gives us an angle for IVF.

Everything upto this point feels like such a bloody waste and i'm clearly not going to be getting pregnant anytime soon, and i'll miss the local baby boom too.

LouiseB, so sorry to hear this but keep strong, show the Drs that they can't get you down by their opinions/comments. My OH had some similar results with only 4% normal so we went into overdrive on getting him healthy (cut down on caffeine, less cycling and using laptop on lap, uping exercise etc and mainly took lots of Fertil Aid. 3 months later his SA has improved. There are lots of vits out there to try and they may work for you! :hug: x x x

Don't stop trying, the stats for people getting pregnant whilst waiting for IVF are extremely high. xx

LouiseB, so sorry to hear this but keep strong, show the Drs that they can't get you down by their opinions/comments. My OH had some similar results with only 4% normal so we went into overdrive on getting him healthy (cut down on caffeine, less cycling and using laptop on lap, uping exercise etc and mainly took lots of Fertil Aid. 3 months later his SA has improved. There are lots of vits out there to try and they may work for you! :hug: x x x

Thanks for the words of support :) My husband does cycle often, but he has a semen friendly seat, he takes his vits and he does drink a lot of caffiene but it's supposed to be ok for men, even good. I wonder if the caffiene is the only thing keeping the 4% going lol ;)

i think out of us both, i could probably stand to do more on the exercise front and cutting out caffiene - i bought decaff coffee and now decaff tea but the tea takes like hot water :oooo:

I don't mind you asking, it's no secret :)

Concerns about myself stem from me having had two long term relationships and not using any protection and yet never being pregnant. The first relationship lasted 3 years and my current relationship about 5 years.

Concerns about my husband stem from his never having got me pregnant and his age and his diabetes.

Add those elements to the fact that i'm very impatient and very thorough and very logical - it is just in my nature to seek answers rather than wait around confused. I don't believe that the same equation can have different results - why should the same two people doing the same thing not get pregnant one month and then get pregnant the month after that? It doens't make sense to me, something has to be different.

I'm much happier knowing the worst and dealing with it (after the initial shock :blush:)
I know how you feel about the not knowing part, because I had the same feeling before I got pregnant, I had had a couple of long term partners and they never used protection and I got nothing not even a false pos. So I lied to doctors saying I'd been with same guy for over a year I soon had some tests done. I found out I had PCOS so that was the reason behind my irregular periods I was due to have an xray to see if my tubes were blocked but I was waiting for period to come for ages when my partner was like test please I was in denial about it all... Just keep your chin up, the month I got pregnant my partner did his sperm sample which we never found out the results for. (wouldn't give them to me over the phone) :( But I guess I didn't need them anymore.

What fertility tests have you had done so far on you? Blood? Ultrasound?

Don't stop trying, the stats for people getting pregnant whilst waiting for IVF are extremely high. xx

This is true, happened to a friend of mine, when they tested her 2 make sure she wasnt pregnant b4 starting the IVF it turned out she was! after years of TTC. x

What fertility tests have you had done so far on you? Blood? Ultrasound?

Nothing yet, going to phone on Monday and get an appointment to hopefully get some tests done on the Nhs.

A private fertility clinic told me if i went private they'd have to do bloods, swabs, scans and maybe an xray which i'd have to pay for.

Dunno how forthcoming the Nhs will be with such tests yet :shock:

Well I had my bloods done about 2 weeks after doctors appointment as they fit it around your cycles on certain days to see if you ovulating... The ultrasound is done whenever I think I had to wait about a month or so for that... Then the Xray I had to wait till I came on, you have to wait for the end of your AF and your not bleeding to book it hence me waiting for a long time. As They flush you out with dye down there which I looked up which can be painful I wasn't looking forward to it.

Hey Louise. Just catching up. Really sorry to hear your news. Nothing I can say to make it any better, but sending you some hugs :hugs:and a big glass of vino. Your FIL sounds fab.xxx

thinking of you......a colleague of mine had exactly the same as you're mentioning.....she was just about to start her 1st lot of ivf and she went into hospital to get it done.......the doctor thought something looked 'odd' down there, did a scan and she was 4 months pregnant!!! she had no idea because she had been told it was like cracking a walnut with a feather!! she guessed that once she relaxed about it, cos she thought it wouldn't happen anyway...she fell pregnant!!

Just wanted to share this with you to show that there's always a chance......thinking about you though, must be hard xxx

Just caught up on here, so sorry Louise x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back