Are you finding out sex..

hopefulmummy

Reaction score
Just wondering how many people are finding out the sex, or have done, as it seems everyone knows what they are having! We're not going to find out, so want to know if there is anyone else keeping it a surprise until the delivery room!

Hi

We are 14 weeks and have our 20 week scan booked for 1/3/11 and we are really not sure what we want to do, one part of us does and the other doesn't. It will be our 1st baby.

Hiya!

This is our 1st and we're defo going to try and find out. We'd love to keep it a surprise but are both too nosey for our own good lol Plus i'd like to have most things bought ready for when he/she arrives rather than running to the shops afterwards :)

xxx

It does seem as though a lot of things either come in pink or blue with not a lot of neutrals out there! I just love a surprise too much!!! Plus, I know what I'm like and I would always be thinking of that tiny possibility that the sonographer got it wrong!! I never trust until I see it with my own eyes...!! :)

I don't want to know but my OH does lol

I found out mainly cause its our 2nd and easier to plan/ organise things this time round. Never on our first x

I'm not finding out!! Seems the majority do these days but like you, I really want that suprise at the end! I was suprised how little neutral stuff there was in Mothercare...it's a sea of pink and blue, lol. But other stores such as Debenhams and John Lewis have a better range of neutral stuff and it's comparable in price. Good for you for holding out...the biggest challenge will be as you approach your 20 week scan...I had a little wobble around then and thought 'it'd be cool to find out' but managed to stick to team yellow, lol xx

We don't get told at 20 wk scan here. So I have a 4d scan booked for the 5th of Feb, can't wait to find out. Admire the girls who are staying team Yellow, I'm soooo impatient lol.

x

I found out as I was uninspired by the neutral bits available and I was so excited about our 1st baby I just don't think I could handle not knowing! If we are lucky enough to have another though I think I will keep it a surprise.

We are going to find out too. My OH doesn't like suprises! Hopefully they will tell us at our 20 week scan but I've heard that some scanners in Edinburgh won't!!

I can't decide! I wish I could wait but I don't think I can lol. OH doesn't want to though xx

Im not finding out. Might sound weird, but ever since i was little i imagined them saying 'oh its a girl' or the other way round... like on tv too, haha, and i love suprises xxx

I dunno how you girls can wait! I'm definitely finding out, i really couldnt wait lol and theres not many unisex clothes about! xxx

I'm getting really impatiant waiting to find out now 12 days feels like for ever!!!

I'm team yellow! I love all the neutral clothes and think it will be so special finding out after labour then making the big announcement x

we are finding out. am struggling to choose things until i know and want to be prepared.

also i am bored already of looking at white and cream.lol. xxx

I found out, wanted to have things ready, and not a lot of neutral stuff around !

We are finding out! I want to stop saying it or the baby and start saying he or she or our son/daughter. It will help with the bonding too especially for oh. He can really begin to identify with his son or daughter andf not just the baby that has overtaken his partner!

Xx

i know what im having and keep saying it or the baby still lol

I heard that some people find out, but keep it just a secret between them and their OH. It's weird, I thought finding out was a relatively new/ unusual thing, but when i tell people I don't want to find out, they go, "oh, really?" although it's mainly those who already have kids that say that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back