Do we find out the sex?

We found out the sex cos DH got me a private 3D scan for my birthday ( he counldnt think of anything else) and our nhs area refuse to tell you.

I would say knowing the sex has definitely help DH bond more. Think he was feeling a bit distant before - where as now he talks about his daughter.

Xxx

That's crap, why won,t they tell you the sex?? It,s your baby.

I didn't find out.

I can see why people do but in this instance it wasn't for me. OH was desperate to know but I vetoed it.

I want to keep the surprise element for when the baby is born so I can have that magical moment of hubby telling me if it's a boy or a girl. Of course, you can choose to have this at your 20 week scan and it will be just as special. I also see it as a bit of extra motivation to push harder lol.

I have found it very difficult tbh though. It would be nice to refer to baby as he/she rather than it and I do think that I would have bonded better with the baby by now if I knew the sex. And also for the practical reasons with clothes/nursery etc. I wouldn't have chosen a name before hand just in case I didn't think baby looked like they suited it so if I had found out the sex the name would have been chosen after the birth anyways.

It is a very personal decision though definitely.

I found out at my 20 week scan, i knew from day one i was going to find out, im glad i did as for years i always dreamt of having a girl but now i know he's a boy i wouldn't change it for the world :) xxx

We are staying Team Yellow as hard as it will be not to keep looking at the scan for that giveaway bit.

Both OH and myself have agreed that we want the surprise, I haven't had any problems bonding with baby now if Bug would stop being so lazy and start kicking me I would feel much better lol.

There was no reason for us to find out as most of the things we will buy for baby anyway will be more unisex, neither of us do pink or pale blue.

We have also given the 'bump','it' a name whilst it's cooking of Bug and this helps, there is a lot to be said for bump names :)

We aren't finding out as we want the surprise and we aren't planning on buying much until the baby arrives anyway as we haven't got the room until we move to a bigger place.

We found out the sex cos DH got me a private 3D scan for my birthday ( he counldnt think of anything else) and our nhs area refuse to tell you.

I would say knowing the sex has definitely help DH bond more. Think he was feeling a bit distant before - where as now he talks about his daughter.

Xxx

Because some moron sued them for getting it wrong and it cost them thousands - so now the region has a blanket ban on it. there are signs everywhere saying please dont ask as refusal may cause offence.

At my 20 week scan i would even have said the she specifically didnt let me see that area, either kept her arm in front of the screen or zoomed in so that bit was out of shot. Didnt get a full baby pic at 20weeks either - so absolutely no way to tell.

Xxx

Because some moron sued them for getting it wrong and it cost them thousands - so now the region has a blanket ban on it. there are signs everywhere saying please dont ask as refusal may cause offence.

At my 20 week scan i would even have said the she specifically didnt let me see that area, either kept her arm in front of the screen or zoomed in so that bit was out of shot. Didnt get a full baby pic at 20weeks either - so absolutely no way to tell.

ARI?

Sorry just sneaking in....oops ;)

Xxx

God, people can sue for anything these days!! That ridiculous, they tell you at the scan it,s not 100%. They did at mine anyway.

Xxx

ARI?

Sorry just sneaking in....oops ;)

I think it was ARI who got sued. i had mine done at Kincardine Community Hospital in Stonehaven - so thats were the sneaky sonographer was - i dunno if they've all been told to do that though.
xxx

They were the same at ARI, I got a pic of her foot and her hand haha.

So weird, you won't be far from me at all!
Sorry to crash your thread girls
X

I found out when I was pregnant with my son. I didn't have enough self control to wait! xx

Thank you for all your comments. Knowing me I'll probably make a decision on the day :) At the moment I'm swaying towards staying team yellow. But you never know I might get the desire to know later on. I'm not even sure if our hospital will tell you, if they don't I'll take it as a sign to stay team yellow :) xxx

i stayed team yellow and i'm so glad now that i did!

i just can't wait to find out the sex of our baby and feels like the icing on the cake when he/she makes an apperance. xxx

They were the same at ARI, I got a pic of her foot and her hand haha.

So weird, you won't be far from me at all!
Sorry to crash your thread girls
X

I got a head shot (that looked like bunny ears, and a spine - that looked like a fish.

lol

we cant wait especially because theres two we need as long as possible to pick names :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back