**April Mummies**

Due to my past history I’ve got a scan booked at EPU on Sunday 1st, so scared but excited at the same time. I should be 7 weeks

Good luck! I have mine on 10th when I’ll be 7 weeks 6 days. I’m terrified x

Good luck! I have mine on 10th when I’ll be 7 weeks 6 days. I’m terrified x
I’ve got so few symptoms at the moment other than bloating and some cramps. By this time with my last pregnancy I was so nauseous And aching boobs, and bleeding. All my tests have shown a very strong line and 3+ on a digital test, but can’t help but think that the scan will show something different

I’ve got so few symptoms at the moment other than bloating and some cramps. By this time with my last pregnancy I was so nauseous And aching boobs, and bleeding. All my tests have shown a very strong line and 3+ on a digital test, but can’t help but think that the scan will show something different

I’m exactly the same. I feel pretty normal other than slightly sore boobs and hunger. I could easily convince myself I’ve made all this up. I got my 3+ yesterday so that’s reassured me slightly. My pregnancy with my daughter I had very few symptoms too and that went perfectly so I’m trying to keep that in mind x

Appointment went well. But I will be consultant led.. but on a plus she said they will scan me every 3 weeks. Also mentioned I will need clexane injection for DVT every day. Offered first trimester screening but not sure if I want it?

Should have scan appointment come through next week ❤️

Appointment went well. But I will be consultant led.. but on a plus she said they will scan me every 3 weeks. Also mentioned I will need clexane injection for DVT every day. Offered first trimester screening but not sure if I want it?

Glad everything went well for you, it sounds like you’ll be well looked after x

Glad it all went well. Do you mind me asking why you are consultant led? Do the midwives make that decision at your booking in appointment?

I am glad it went ok, that is great news you should be really happy.
Consultant led, is that by a gynecologist? DVT what is that for? I am 7 weeks and 6 days today i will have a gynacolgist consultant appointment on the 16th September. Maybe they will explain all this then. Now it is a waiting game.

I am glad it went ok, that is great news you should be really happy.
Consultant led, is that by a gynecologist? DVT what is that for? I am 7 weeks and 6 days today i will have a gynacolgist consultant appointment on the 16th September. Maybe they will explain all this then. Now it is a waiting game.
It will be an obstetrician cloclo
A DVT is a deep vein thrombosis it’s a blog clot that is deep in the vein that can shoot off into your brain or lungs and kill you. It had little symptoms and is called the silent killer. I guess lainey has some risk factors or previous DVT or clotting issues to be offered clexane to avoid this!
rather you than me lainey - those are nippy buggers!

1. Ah yes! I am so clueless. I guess you will find out what exams you need at that first appointment.

Glad it all went well. Do you mind me asking why you are consultant led? Do the midwives make that decision at your booking in appointment?

Because of BMI, (size 14) age (37) because of more than 3 precious babies. They said more than 3 things on a list and you are consultant led. Not happy about it really but no choice

I just scored high enough to o b at risk?? It's all changed since I last had a baby, 8 years ago. They go on BMI and age etc
It will be an obstetrician cloclo
A DVT is a deep vein thrombosis it’s a blog clot that is deep in the vein that can shoot off into your brain or lungs and kill you. It had little symptoms and is called the silent killer. I guess lainey has some risk factors or previous DVT or clotting issues to be offered clexane to avoid this!
rather you than me lainey - those are nippy buggers!

Hi all been anxious to add myself on. EDD is 2nd April. Had an early scan 2 weeks ago due to last pregnancy ending in loss @ 18weeks and have another scan next week. Just worrying as when look at scan I see something separate (which was spotted at my 12week scan last time) but midwife never said anything and I didn't see it until home, so hoping nothing and just as scan was early. Also been spotting 3 weeks ago and also again last few days. Hope everyone else's pregnancy is going well and having a happy and healthy time <3

Last edited:
Hi all been anxious to add myself on. EDD is 2nd April. Had an early scan 2 weeks ago due to last pregnancy ending in loss @ 18weeks and have another scan next week. Just worrying as when look at scan I see something separate (which was spotted at my 12week scan last time) but midwife never said anything and I didn't see it until home, so hoping nothing and just as scan was early. Also been spotting 3 weeks ago and also again last few days. Hope everyone else's pregnancy is going well and having a happy and healthy time <3

It you were spotting i think you should go to get it check out asap. Especually with your history. I understand how your feel i lost my last 2 pregnancy, my last at 8 weeks and now i am at 8 week. I am too sick and low energy to get nervous. My scan seemed seperate at the first scan too (but was very early) , then there was a bit of blood inside and now i don't know but haven't had spotting and had the worst nausea ever, which is a good sign aparently. I think if you have any worries seek help and don't worry in silence.

Hi thank you. Hope your sickness dies down soon I had it bad with first pregnancy but not with this one so far. Just back from a and e as blood went bright red and quite heavy. Waited 4hours and then Said there is nothing they can do as if I am miscarrying I am miscarrying. I have an appointment now with early pregnancy unit on Sunday so long wait to see if okay or not.
That's comforting to know yours looked like it had separate parts. I am same with energy just feel exhausted.
I think the seperate parts is where it comes away from the placenta, which is a little bit of a worry, but there is not much you can apart from rest for a week and I was told don't go in cars.

I am sorry about the bleeding :(. You are welcome to contact me directly on this if you need to talk.

I think the seperate parts is where it comes away from the placenta, which is a little bit of a worry, but there is not much you can apart from rest for a week and I was told don't go in cars.

I am sorry about the bleeding :(. You are welcome to contact me directly on this if you need to talk.
Thank you so much that is very nice of you. I'm just hoping bleeding stops and all will be okay Sunday. I know others have bled and been okay but just never know time will tell. How is your sickness? Does any of the things help you like ginger or small amount of food more often throughout the day?

Because of BMI, (size 14) age (37) because of more than 3 precious babies. They said more than 3 things on a list and you are consultant led. Not happy about it really but no choice
Thanks for the info, I’m 39 so wondered if I’ll be classed as high risk this time. Although I’m not feeling very optimistic that I’ll get that far unfortunately I’ve been spotting/bleeding all week, got a scan at epu for Sunday morning

Thank you so much that is very nice of you. I'm just hoping bleeding stops and all will be okay Sunday. I know others have bled and been okay but just never know time will tell. How is your sickness? Does any of the things help you like ginger or small amount of food more often throughout the day?
I have my early scan on Sunday too, fingers tossed for us both xx

Thanks for the info, I’m 39 so wondered if I’ll be classed as high risk this time. Although I’m not feeling very optimistic that I’ll get that far unfortunately I’ve been spotting/bleeding all week, got a scan at epu for Sunday morning
I have every thing crossed for you x

Oh that sounds horrible. Hopefully it ian one of those random bleeds that can happen and you still see your healthy baby. I’m trying to be positive but this is very similar to my last pregnancy so I can’t help but feel I’m not going to get a happy ending

Definitely. I think it’s also not feeling in control of your own body. Let’s try and keep positive x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back