Anyone else in their 40s?

Me :) I take Ubiquinol, 300 per day. I took pqq one month but never re-ordered it, I think just because I already take so many vitamins.

I've just has my amh re-tested and it's improved. Not sure if that's down to the Ubiquinol, reflexology or acupuncture.

HI ladies, I just wandered how many of you (if any) are taking COQ10/Ubiquinol and how much you take? I was taking coq10 600mg last year and then switched to ubiquinol in May and take 300mg, and has anyone heard of PQQ? it is said to compliment ubiquinol....

I've been taken Ubiquinol for 4 months, caught pregnant last month but lost it. I usually buy a cheaper version on Amazon but this time I bought pharma Nord which is expensive but worth a shot, I'm only taking one 100mg capsule a day. xx

Hi ladies, what supplements would you recommend taking for the more 'mature' woman. I'm 37 and ttc our first.

Staces I had been taking q10 but then stopped, my current Vitamin regime is
Morning I take eltroxin for my thyroid plus folic acid
Afternoon Evening Primrose oil / Omega 3 &9 / zinc & Vit C
Bedtime magnesium and vitamin D (I have to take these at bedtime as thy can interfere with my Eltroxin for my thyroid)

Not sure if they are making any difference, but I feel calmer, my nails are stronger, I'm ovulating on day 14/ 15/ 16, I'm not feeling too warm iin bed, though my periods are now only 2 days long so I do think my hormone levels are changing though I got Day 3 & day21 profiles done in September and the results were really good so consultant thought I'm still ovulating & showed no signs of menopause (even the word sends a chill down my spine )

Just read up on Ubiquinol & im definitely adding it to my list

Syd, Thats good news, never had mine tested! Maybe I should, but sometimes i think that ignorance is bliss.. I do think the acupuncture has helped with my cycles though and even though af is still short it seems less painful and a better colour.

Lillith, I pay almost £30 but there are 120 capsuals so it does work out cheaper in the long run, especially as i am taking 3 a day!

Hi Sunnydays! Well firstly 37 is still young (dont let them tell you otherwise) I would definetly start on folic acid if your not already, either within a multivitamin or on its own, thats one of the most important. There is a thread on here somewhere with a list of vitamins and what they do, i will see if i can find it and post here. Good luck x

Clementine, Ugh the M word fills me with dread :shock: Thats good about your results, my periods are only 2 days long and then i sometimes get a little brown blood for a day or two. As long as you get at least one day of full flow red bleeding thats fine.

Oh I also take low dose asprin, my acupunturist mentioned it the other day actually as i have had previous losses, but i said i have been taking it already.

I thought this was interesting about OPK's....
For some, the OPK turns positive a couple of days before ovulation. For others, it’s the day before. The older you get, the shorter the interval of time between a detectable surge in LH and the release of your egg. By the time you are in your late 30’s, the LH surge may come on the very day you ovulate. And by the time you are over 40, the egg may have already been released by the time you have enough LH in your urine to turn a kit positive.
http://maiamidwifery.com/2014/05/opks-flushing-money-hopes-getting-pregnant-drain/

I didn't realise age affected the LH surge, I'm wandering now if i should be dtd earlier than I am? Just one more think to worry about :wall2::wall2:

Oh blooming heck, never heard that about opk tests before :oooo: I'm CD7 today and we had sex last night to clear the older swimmers out, but now I think we might have to keep having sex up to and beyond a positive opk test. I'll be knackered!!

Oh joy, something else for us to worry about!

I usually go for a couple of nights before ovulation (I'm pretty consistently cd 15) as we only generally manage once around that period. In theory I thought I was covered because I've always assumed I ovulate the night that I get a positive opk just because I go from not quite positive one day, to strong positive the next, to negative the following morning. I guess it may be happening even earlier than I thought.

I had my first baby 6 days after my 40th birthday. Really easy pregnancy and my midwife said I was the healthiest mum on her books! Oscar was perfect and scored a 10 on every test when he was born! He's now 2 and is the equivalent of a 3 year old according to his 2 year check! Very clever! We are currently trying for baby number 2! In the frustrating tww now! I don't feel 40+ is old at all! Certainly the best age for me to start a family! Good luck everyone, oh, and just to warn you, we are called geriatric mums when you're over 35!!

I used to get two strong positive opks and then the third day it would be negative (would count that as OV), seems like now i only get one! This month i have ovulated on CD11, past two months its been CD12. Looking back on this year it has ranged from 11-14, most commonly CD12.

Thats lovely to hear mackmummy.... I heard about the geriatric thing lol, charming! Good luck ttc number two :) x

Omg I just got this ! My heart is in overdrive please let this be our healthy take home baby, I really can't believe it. We had friends up for the w'end I did a test Saturday morning which was negative so thought I was out and drank alcohol I ver the long w'end as it was a bank holiday here (hope I haven't effected anything)

Period didn't arrive yesterday or today so did another FRER this evening and it came up positive immediately!!

Attachments

• IMG_8362.jpg
    IMG_8362.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 19
OMG Clementine!! That's amazing, I'm so happy for you!! Praying that this is your much wanted rainbow xxx

Thanks brown eyed I can't really believe it but it's early days so I'm keeping both feet firmly on the ground I'll see how the next few days go ...

Have you had your 12 week scan it's so cool that you got a surprise bfp xx

Last edited:
Ahhhhhhhh OMG Clementine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's amazing, I'm so so happy for you, I really hope this is your rainbow baby, you deserve it xxx That break from TTC must have done wonders for you :) I'm really over the moon for you x

Thanks Staces xxxx to be honest I'm just so in shock, i can't believe it , hopefully if it's meant to be & all will go ok ..... (I hate the thought of another MMC) it's just such a blooming shock xx

Oh my goodness Clementine!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!!:dance::dance::dance:

Thanks Papermoon (please say lots of prayers that God will bless us with a healthy pregnancy & baby xxx)
Just did a Digi Clearblue and it says Pregnant 1-2 weeks

Attachments

• IMG_8363.jpg
    IMG_8363.jpg
    413.2 KB · Views: 12
OMG Clementine that is bloody fantastic!!!! You SO deserve this, praying for you that this one is both healthy and sticky!! How are you feeling, physically? Did you have any symptoms?

So, so pleased for you x

OMG Clementine that is bloody fantastic!!!! You SO deserve this, praying for you that this one is both healthy and sticky!! How are you feeling, physically? Did you have any symptoms?

So, so pleased for you x

Thanks Syd, I'm in shock but have that excited feeling in my tummy, no symptoms really other than very sore boobs, a little burping, feeling cold, plus my throat was sore thought I was coming down with a bug on Monday so took a Lemsip - wish I hadn't drank anything at the w'end .... (i hadn't drank anything for 10weeks before holidays) but we had friends up.
I'm quitely hoping that this bfp will bring a happy outcome. When are you testing this cycle?
Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back